PDA

View Full Version : Thanks To An Amazing Group...

Jamie Hascall
10-31-2000, 02:50 PM
As I read the ruminations on peace, god, zen, and the spatial effects of going someplace really fast on the Einstein thread, I was struck yet again by the incredible intelligence, diversity, humor, and civility of this forum. I just wanted to say out loud how much I appreciate this place in the ether that allows me to join with the rest of you in talking about old fastenings and old scotch, aurora lit skies and grounding horrors, favorite books and incantations for warding off the pesky jet skeet, and the esoterica of science and philosophy. I extend my thanks to Scot for keeping this thing running on a daily basis and Wooden Boat for providing the computing power. But above all thanks to all of you, the Ians, the Bob, John and Kate for sharing Lulu, (boy, this could get really long if I started naming everybody), and all the rest. Thanks for taking the time to answer the stupid questions we all feel encouraged enough to ask. This is by far the best example of the vaunted virtual community I've seen. Finastkind.

Jamie

ishmael
10-31-2000, 02:59 PM
Ditto Jamie. We need to start having some brick and mortar conventions where we can tell our lies in person. Maybe to start, an ongoing travel thread so when we are travelling we could post and get together with our fellow forumites? Ed Harrow has done a bit of this, but may something just a scooch more formal? Jack

Alan D. Hyde
10-31-2000, 03:03 PM
Why not get together to save a classic? See Matt's recent thread on that topic.

Common effort enhances camaraderie and gets something done to boot.

Alan

Paul Frederiksen
11-01-2000, 11:49 AM
I think that an ongoing traveler's thread would be just the ticket to loosly link us together. Next time one of us hits the road, drop a line in here to say where and when, then see what connections pop up.

Ed Harrow
11-01-2000, 01:50 PM
LOL, this week I'm in glorious Anaheim. Any takers? I figure when I get back, if I can find the time to fit social activities into my (at the moment, where has "It's a slow day on the forum... gone, LOL work schedule) I figure I've got to rope Jack and Ian together some how. So we may be too late to save an Alden ketch, how about an S&S, Lawley-built sloop? :)

Jamie Hascall
11-01-2000, 02:19 PM
I like this traveling idea. I'll be heading to the Bay area the weekend of the 10th-11th. I haven't made the reservations yet but will probably come down on Friday noonish. Any suggestions for good wooden boat sightseeing would be very appreciated.

Jamie

On Vacation
02-12-2004, 06:35 AM
Remember the good old days?

ken mcclure
02-12-2004, 06:39 AM
Don't forget - these are tomorrow's "good old days."