PDA

View Full Version : I seem to have offended some of you. Tough.

cedar savage
01-07-2006, 08:46 AM
I threw out what I thought was an absolutely outrageous comment on LeeG's thread about posters being paid to spread liberal manure. I spread the sarcasm in triple layers and didn't put in any little smileys (lest I be accused of Karenism). I even "invented" one of the groups. Apparently it has been taken seriously.

TomF seems to be particularly upset by this post and has posted my comment to Jager's thread on incivility. TomF: I didn't realize that anyone would take my post the least bit seriously. I still don't understand how you missed the sarcasm, although recent research indicates that the inability to recognize sarcasm is indicative of a specific form of brain damage.

I have, on the original thread, also been accused by the usual suspects of shouting fire in a theater (look up the Calumet theater fire and see why I wouldn't do that) and of subscribing to Abramoff's defence fund.

So, to paraphrase Joe CSOH's favorite new phrase, "Go suck two eggs and don't call me in the morning."

uncas
01-07-2006, 08:51 AM
To tell ya the honest truth...really don't pay much attention to some of the postings down here...Hence the name of this category....the Bilge....
I do pay a lot of attention to those posts which interest me....though as there are a lot of formites down here who know a lot more on some subjects than I ever will.
So...usually when the darts flash, the thunder rumbles, lightning flashed on the screen...well, I get my foul weather gear and move to another thread... :D

huisjen
01-07-2006, 09:05 AM
The problem is that there are people on both sides who believe you and miss the sarcasm. If a liberal had said it, the sarcasm would be clear.

African Americans can sometimes casually call each other "nigger". Those of us of European descent generally know that if we were to do that, offence would be taken.

I'll have my eggs fried, maybe with some toast and jam.

Dan

TomF
01-07-2006, 09:08 AM
If sarcasm was intended ... sorry. It zoomed right past me, propelled by the multitudinous times that the same accusation has been made seriously.

t.

Osborne Russel
01-07-2006, 09:29 AM
The red offensive on America is based upon just such lying propaganda. And the red offensive on America isn't funny, at least not on purpose.

Your foray demonstrates the red contempt for facts. Run it up the flagpole; if some believe it, you have discredited the opposition. If your bluff gets called, you can say you were kidding and accuse the opposition of humorlessness.

This is what passes for rhetoric, to reds.

[ 01-07-2006, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: Osborne Russel ]

Osborne Russel
01-07-2006, 09:31 AM
[ 01-07-2006, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: Osborne Russel ]

High C
01-07-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Osborne Russel:
...the red offensive on America isn't funny...No, but you are! :D :D

Dan McCosh
01-07-2006, 09:35 AM
I actually thought it was pretty funny. Than again, I thought the idea that one of the good things about SUVs is that they don't eat grass was kind of funny too, and some folks even took that seriously.

Joe (SoCal)
01-07-2006, 09:37 AM
No worries cedar, I knew it was a troll from the beginning.
I love that Cedar paraphrased me smile.gif

Oh and if you want to be really harsh you can say "Go suck two ROTTEN eggs and don't call me in the morning." :D

LeeG
01-07-2006, 09:39 AM
,,Cedar can be offensive,,he's just being him, doesn't mean people have to be offended,,why be offended?

Keith Wilson
01-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Hey, I wanted to get paid too!!! I'm sooooo disappointed! :D :D

Peter Malcolm Jardine
01-07-2006, 10:44 PM
I wuv you cedor. cum home. :D

Katherine
01-07-2006, 10:48 PM
I think a group hug is called for.

http://static.flickr.com/42/83011652_7113453769_o.gif

[ 01-07-2006, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Katherine ]