Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nelson
    • Jul 2005

Netflix

Has any one here signed up with them? How do you like it?
  • High C
    • Mar 2003

First rate, A number one, best thing since sliced bread!

Comment

• Farmer Diddley
      • Sep 2003

I haven't used it (I don't watch that many movies), but I know several friends and co-workers that love it. I haven't heard anything negative.

Comment

• Sailortect
        Gluten Enthusiast
        • Dec 2001

Netflix kicks sliced bread's ass.

We've been on it for about a year. We're pretty close to a distribution center, so the mail can turn around six movies a week for us. We kept that pace for about six weeks, then slacked off a bit. Now our average is probably 2.5 movies per week. We've kept a few movies for over a month. Only twice have we had to wait for our top selection. Only once have we had a disc arrive scratched and unviewable, and they put a replacement in the mail right away.

Frankly, between Netflix and the "on-demand" movies available through digital cable services, I can't see how the retail-rental places are keeping their doors open. I know I'll never go back, that's for sure.
        People today will buy a car with square wheels as long as the steering wheel is heated.

Comment

• Billy Bones
          • Jun 2000

Blockbuster has a similar service for which we opted...it's cheaper and you get downloadable coupons for free instore rentals in case your picks get caught in the mail.

However, Blockbuster has fewer titles than netflix at the moment, but hey, how long does it take to mail 30000 movies anyway?

Either way, you'll love it.

Comment

• Chris Coose
            • Sep 2001

Net flix rules.
            Turn around is two days. No late fees and the cable from the TV has been yanked.
            Study Peace

Comment

• Joe (SoCal)
              Banned
              • Feb 2002

I had Netflix but I just couldn't watch that many movies , and besides I kinda like the theater experience. Then we got digital cable, WOW sorry nothing like ordering a movie on your TV no late fee no mailing back nothing watch the movie go to sleep simple. I like simple.

But I will say when we had Netflix it was great no complaints.

Comment

• Ric_Bergstrom
                • Dec 2002

Netflix is great.

I refuse to give blockbuster a dime.

Scumbags.

Thieving off late fees that weren't earned. Their new "no late fee" is a scam...don't bring it back...you bought it VIOLA..no late fee.

Netflix revolutionizes how you choose movies and is fantastic.

Comment

• Victor
                  • Apr 2004

So what movies are worth the trouble? Me, I can wait six months for one to show up on TBS. After a while it seems each type of movie has more or less the same plot, so I look for a type, not a specific title. Guess I've been watching too much TV. You are too.

I didn't watch TV at all until the 90s. When I see shows from the 70s and 80s I remember why. But to be really satisfying reading requires someone to discuss the book with, potentially at least. TV doesn't. It's a much more passive activity.

[ 07-24-2005, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: Victor ]

Comment

• Mark Van
                    • Oct 2000

I used Netflix for about six months, I cancelled because I am cruising. the great thing about it is the selection, they have older movies that you can't find anywhere. I very rarely went to the rental store after I signed up. I will gladly sign up for it again as soon as I decide to stay put for a while.
                    Don't Panic!

Comment

• Nelson Reed
                      • Jul 2005

Well it sounds about unanimimous - netflix its going to be for me. I wonder if it would be a good stock to hold?

Comment

• Norske3
                        • Jul 2002

Dumped DirecTV....Netflix is a good thing.......Martha would agree. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

• Billy Bones
                          • Jun 2000

Originally posted by Nelson:
                          Well it sounds about unanimimous - netflix its going to be for me. I wonder if it would be a good stock to hold?
                          It's been a great stock to hold for the last several years, but competing services are now emerging which will erode marketshare. News is that they are working on new innovations to introduce for maintaining their stunning lead in the market. The Motley Fool (fool.com) keeps a good eye on Netflix.

Comment

Working...