PDA

View Full Version : The Longest Yard

cs
01-17-2006, 08:52 AM
If you have not seen the Adam Sandler version, you need to.

Outstanding movie, better than the first and I loved the orginal.

Watch for Romenaski (sp?) Michael Irving and the wrestler Stone Cold Austin (I believe that is who it is).

Two thumbs up.

Chad

cs
01-18-2006, 08:02 AM
Come on guys. Hasn't anyone else a comment about this movie?

Chad

uncas
01-18-2006, 08:07 AM
Sorry Chad....I don't go to the movies very often....maybe 1x every two or three years...
And yes, I know it has been on TV but...well....
jamj

Garrett Lowell
01-18-2006, 08:12 AM
I didn't see it. I may this weekend. It will have to be superbly done to even remotely compare to the original.

cs
01-18-2006, 08:37 AM
I can gurantee that you will like it, well not gurantee as in I will refund your money if you don't like it, but you will like it.

I've seen both and I didn't think it could compare, but I was wrong.

Chad

Gary E
01-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by cs:
If you have not seen the Adam Sandler... You not misssing a frikin thing...
I saw him in a flick one time and walked out out of the theater after 20 mins of that crap...

Joe (SoCal)
01-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Someone gave me the DVD about 4 months ago have not watched it yet. As you might have noticed I don't contribute to the football threads, cause I HATE football and all the Monday morning quarterbacking that goes with it.

When I used to have a bar-tending gig I always had some rabid football fans at the bar try to engage me in the yaaaaaaaaaawn :rolleyes: typical football banter. I would bluff my way through it so well that the other bartender would have to stifle his laugh because I did the whole, "yea that was a bum call last night on the yadda yadda yard line WHOOOOO go ( Fill in appropriate team ) I think ( Fill in appropriate team ) has a real chance to go all the way yadda yadda yada If only they could focus on the big "D" Cause bartenders are supposed to know and care about football. When a certain regular would come in I would run and change the channel on the TV to the GAME. I did it for the tips ;)

Oh and Adam Sander get stale after a bit.

Figment
01-18-2006, 10:05 AM
I thought that the Sandler version was a worthy and faithful redux of the original, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "better".