PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Recount to take place.

jwaldin
11-16-2004, 04:37 PM
CNN has confirmed that there will be a recount in Ohio.
Now be careful all you LIBS. I'd advise you to 'hold your water' until it is completed.

uncas
11-16-2004, 05:57 PM
My...there must be some lawyers out there that have not met their quota! I don't see the sense but money talks! :D

Wayne Jeffers
11-16-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by jwaldin:
. . . be careful all you LIBS. . .I assume that is a reference to the LIBERTARIAN PARTY.

The Libertarian Party (14,000 votes for President in Ohio) and the Green Party (24 votes) combined their efforts to force the recount. Under Ohio law, they have to pay for the recount @ $10 per precinct.

Wayne

Alan D. Hyde
11-17-2004, 09:26 AM
Good to see you here again, Wayne.

Hope all is well for you and yours.

Any big retirement/boat plans in the works? Have you now moved away from that beautiful boatshop?

Alan

High C
11-17-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Wayne Jeffers:

The Libertarian Party (14,000 votes for President in Ohio) and the Green Party (24 votes) combined their efforts to force the recount. You gotta wonder how Ohio law could allow candidates who got almost no votes to force a recount. No matter the outcome of the recount, they have no chance. A waste of time that should be corrected in Ohio law.

Garrett Lowell
11-30-2004, 04:15 PM
Any update on this?

jwaldin
11-30-2004, 04:30 PM
Well Jessie Jackson------you know the man with good old fashioned 'family values'. The man who had his own TV show until the network discovered he actually had had 'a bit on the side' for years and then fired him. The man who before getting his ass kicked out of his own house went on TV and preached against exactly what he himself was doing, said on Crossfire that only 'select' voter precints should be counted in Ohio. Can you say "Al Gore in Florida"?

Bruce Hooke
11-30-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by High C:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wayne Jeffers:

The Libertarian Party (14,000 votes for President in Ohio) and the Green Party (24 votes) combined their efforts to force the recount. You gotta wonder how Ohio law could allow candidates who got almost no votes to force a recount. No matter the outcome of the recount, they have no chance. A waste of time that should be corrected in Ohio law.</font>[/QUOTE]The groups that want the recount appear to be paying for it so what's the problem?

uncas
11-30-2004, 08:32 PM
The Democrats also have to raise a min..of 700,000 dollars by Friday...note down payment.
Otherwise it will be selected counties and not the entire state...
The elections are over...even in Washington State.
Let it rest...work on 2008...

Bruce Hooke
11-30-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by uncas:
The Democrats also have to raise a min..of 700,000 dollars by Friday...note down payment.
Otherwise it will be selected counties and not the entire state...
The elections are over...even in Washington State.
Let it rest...work on 2008...Since it is not the Democrats who are asking for a recount why do they have to pay anything?

uncas
12-01-2004, 05:37 AM
Brian...On the news yesterday..It mentioned the Demorcratic Party...My mistake was it is in Washington...Not Ohio.
Sorry!

Russell Sova
12-01-2004, 03:50 PM
That's money the Democrats can voluntarily give to Ohio because we're needing a new coach in Cleveland.

Garrett Lowell
12-01-2004, 03:53 PM
And a new QB, or at least a rib transplant.