PDA

View Full Version : "Oh Brother",,,,,,the result.

Ian G Wright
11-23-2002, 05:12 AM
Got the disc, Sheila is chuffed, I got brownie points.
Thanks all,,,,,

IanW.

NormMessinger
11-23-2002, 09:56 AM
We are to take it that "chuffed" is good then, right?

--Norm

Wild Dingo
11-23-2002, 12:21 PM
Norm... Chuffed... meaning = feeling purty danged pleased with oneself... terrific... good... great... exctatic {sp} raptured... ruptured... over the moon... head higher than a seagull in flights rump... feeling real good inside... fluffy gooey emotions running rampant... patting ones own back... selling tickets on oneself to oneself and none left for anyone else...

Actually shes feelin great eh mate?! :D good to hear... eeerrrr now Ive been away so am gonna plead total ignorance here and ask... so why is the lovely Sheila felling that way with her good self? :confused:

Take it easy
Shane

yeah yeah I know granpaw Norm me ol mate... you was jist havin a lend of me werent yer? you knew all along what chuffed meant and you were muckin wif me ead right?!! :eek:

Oh and Ian? you're welcome! :D its great to know we did something right now if I can just figure out just exhakatakaly what it was we did right Id be a tad less confused and tad happier about having done that something right :eek: OH and what disc is this that you got mate? a new cd? a slipped disc? is disc short for discount? gawd I hate it when nothing stops while a fellas away you knows you fellas is supposed to stop and wait fer me to catch up!!! HA!! :D :D

[ 11-23-2002, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Wild Dingo ]

Meerkat
11-23-2002, 02:03 PM
The king's english and 'stralian - perfect strangers ;)

I came late to this party too, but I suspect his significant other (that's possumpoop in 'strine) got herself a DVD (that's DVD in 'strine?) of the movie "Oh Brother, Wherefore Art Thou" a chick (sheila) flick (cinema) with bluegrass (outback pub) music ;)

imported_Conrad
11-23-2002, 02:27 PM
"Chuffed"- could be a good boat name, maybe on a workboat conversion. A good conversation starter anyway! Who knows, Ian- you may be responsible for turning American pop culture in a new direction! Fresh- totally!! :D (Sorry- that is so last week!!)

[ 11-23-2002, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Conrad S. ]

imported_Conrad
11-23-2002, 02:35 PM
Oh yeah- it's a great CD, and a good movie. We can boast a little bit and say that sales of the soundtrack were unusually brisk here in the NW corner, leading them to up their marketing efforts nationally. Lots of awards, and a lot of fun!

imported_Steven Bauer
11-23-2002, 02:43 PM
If she likes the 'Oh Brother' soundtrack get her the 'Be Good Tanyas' CD "Blue Horse". They are three women from Canada with incredible harmonies and talented instrumentalists, also. Guitar, mandolin, banjo, fiddle, double bass.
Another favorite is the 'Hank Dogs' actually from your part of the world. London, I think. Give her those two CD's for Christmas and you'll get many more Brownie Points. The 'Hank Dogs' CD is "Half Smile".
Steven

imported_Steven Bauer
11-23-2002, 02:45 PM
The musicians from the soundtrack toured recently - the Down From The Mountain Tour. Unfortunatly they didn't make it up to Maine :(
Steven

Ian G Wright
11-23-2002, 04:13 PM
Sheila= Name of Wife.

Chuffed= Pleased, happy, as in "Chuffed to little Naffi-breaks" or "Chuffed to bits".

Disc= Music CD of the sound track of "Oh brother, where art thou."

Harold Larwood as in Bodyline Tour and Whinging Oz. (prize for the first gen-u-whine US translation of that last) ;)

IanW.

Bill Perkins
11-23-2002, 05:56 PM
Steven a "Down From the Mountian " video was also made of the same musicians performing a benifit concert in Nashville for NPR . I got a copy for contributing to my local station and have enjoyed watching and hearing it much more than the movie .Great backstage footage as well as the performance .If NPR is still selling them I'd recomend it .