PDA

View Full Version : Concealed weapons.

Wild Wassa
11-21-2002, 03:44 AM
There is a move in Australia to have all Moslem women banned from wearing traditional Moslem dress. For the fear that they could be concealing weapons.

They have to be accountable too. Fair enough.

Warren.

ps, put a jihad on me.

[ 11-21-2002, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: Wild Wassa ]

doorstop
11-21-2002, 04:06 AM
Wassa, you've GOT to be pulling my leg!

[ 11-21-2002, 04:07 AM: Message edited by: doorstop ]

ahp
11-21-2002, 10:47 AM
This is very interesting! It doesn't take much clothing to hide a hand granade or an Uzi. What do we suggest the ladies wear?

Greg H
11-21-2002, 10:53 AM
We wouldn't take ourselves so seriously, if we all had to walk around necked

Wiley Baggins
11-21-2002, 01:12 PM
On a lighter note, it sounds like the work of Victoria Secrets' lobbyists. On a more serious note, it is, if supported by more than some fringe element, pathetic.

Wild Wassa
11-21-2002, 03:12 PM
Doorstop, Chris, This sounds like a typical Aussie payback. It was on the evenings ABC news.

I hope you all realize that there is a certain cynicism with which I view the world, it's artifacts, and the seething humanitaria.

We have science heading towards the 25 century, barbaric acts stearing us back into the Dark Ages, science ethics and political ethics that are money based and totally adverse to what we learnt as children. Decent individuals polarized in their thoughts deliberatly by our governments. Finally self righteous western Governments treating their income fodder (us) to the old on a 'needs to know basis, just to rub it in.

Now lets pick on Moslem women ? I suppose we shoot their children because they shoot at us, I thought that would be enough. What if we all change to Muslem dress. Then we could all be equal, until we found our next reason to hate another group.

Have we learnt nothing in the last 70 million years of man or since creation? I'm prepared to accept both views, because I don't know. I've learnt that there are haves and have nots.

The only big event that I've not wittnessed in my lifetime is the death agony of capitalism. If we don't take their oil soon, I guess I just might.

At least CNN doesn't have a religious agenda to grind. More truthfull than the truth and light on the detail so you can slam it down fast. How do we as society get a truthful handle on anything ?

Warren.

ps, I blame Gondwanna for an unequal distribution of thick crude. We all have oil, but not as thick as some. It just isn't fair, :D .

Wiley Baggins
11-21-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by stan v:
From what I've seen of Moslem women, they need to put on MORE clothes. :D You've got to get out more, Stan. It's not because they are Moslems, it's because they are Texans that happen to be Moslems. tongue.gif Actually, I want you to remain isolated like the virus you appear to be. ;)

[ 11-21-2002, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Wiley Baggins ]

Ian McColgin
11-21-2002, 04:17 PM
Ya'll mean that texas muslim women have high hair??

Mrleft8
11-21-2002, 11:05 PM
Texas woman have no hair.... That's all mutant hairspray creatures glomming onto the remnants of gray matter ....

Hughman
11-22-2002, 09:00 AM
Well this may have some bearing on the subject:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/international/AP-Nigeria-Miss-World.html