PDA

View Full Version : Passing the hat

cs
05-16-2005, 06:34 AM
Earlier this week I mentioned a soldier who's 2-1/2 year old son had passed away. Actually he is out of the guard at the moment, but he is still family (army family that is).

We passed the hat Saturday to help him with funeral and medical expenses. I know that money will not make up for his un-believable loss, but it will help take his mind of a few worries.

By passing the hat Saturday we raised over $350 dollars among 40 soldiers. I also passed the hat Sunday, but I don't have a number on how much we collected that day.

Being the First Sargeant I went to the other batteries and the detachement of 27M (MLRS maint) and asked them to pass the hat at their final formation. At present I know that Bravo Battery raised $92. I still have to pick up the donations from Charlie, Headquarters and the 731st, but I'm sure that the generosity of the soldiers will help young Bobby and his wife. While the cash may be helpful for them, the best thing is that they will see that we care for them and that we are thinking of them.

Chad

skuthorp
05-16-2005, 06:39 AM
Very hard to loose a child. My grandma in her 80s said "It never goes away"