PDA

View Full Version : Mouse wrist

ishmael
12-11-2002, 10:38 PM
Having spent way too much time in front of this infernal machine, I begin to feel my right wrist, my mouse wrist, go a little hinky. It hurts! I got wacky wrist orthopedia from my pop anyway.

Any suggestions, aside from the smart ass ones like go split some wood, instead of sitting in front of the computer so much?

[ 12-11-2002, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: ishmael ]

Peter Malcolm Jardine
12-11-2002, 10:39 PM
Use your left hand, it'll feel like a stranger :D

Mrleft8
12-11-2002, 10:40 PM
You sure that wrist problem is from sitting in front of the computer, and not some other self indulgent activity ish? :D

Peter Malcolm Jardine
12-11-2002, 10:41 PM
Jack, tell me you knew better than to post this ROTFL :D :D

NormMessinger
12-11-2002, 10:42 PM
They cost a little more but the rolling ball mice are nice. Mouse stays in one place and the finger tips roll the ball around to control the curser.

--Norm

ishmael
12-11-2002, 10:43 PM
Mouse Billy Budd am I! :D tongue.gif :D

Dave Fleming
12-11-2002, 10:45 PM
Mouse-Trak see at mouse-trak.com

The only way to fly. ;) http://www.mouse-trak.com/itacimgs/bigprof.gif

[ 12-11-2002, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Dave Fleming ]

John B
12-11-2002, 11:46 PM
Is there any way we can hide this from Shane? What will he say? LOL.

But seriously now . There are gel filled wrist supports and all sorts of "repetitive strain injury" devices available. Summat like that combined with the roller ball mouse might be the go.
I fancy the idea of a wireless mouse meself. and a wireless keyboard... lounging back in the easy chair...

Hey Ish, I had to go on a rescue mission last night. Neighbour rang up wanting to know if I had bolt cutters because the kitten had its head stuck in a curtain ring. Why am I telling you this? I dunno... just thinking about your recent experience with the dog... pets.. animals in general. Yyyanyway, Off I marched with the garden loppers after first announcing to my kids that the only way to save the ring was to cut the kittens head off and then I proceeded very gently( now now , I was just kidding) to ping that ring right off that cats neck. ( what a hero..takes a bow) The wee girl who made the kitten into the princess was distraught with horror at what she'd done but the animal was fine.

bit croaky perhaps.

ishmael
12-12-2002, 12:01 AM
Norm and Dave,

A moving sphere rather than a moving mouse! So you only put your finger joints at risk, rather than the wrist. Sounds like a good trade off. Is that a mouse without a tail Dave?

I really have noticed a sproing in the wrist, and since I seem destined to buy into this medium, I better get used to it. It made splitting wood today painful.

Mrleft8!

I'll have you know that being right handed, I only use my left hand for...oops, never mind. It would be an interesting survey, for another site perhaps.

John,

I don't know why that's relevant either, but I'm glad kitty is free. No kitties with heads trapped in curtain rings! My campaign slogan.

Jack

htom
12-12-2002, 12:28 AM
We have and use (changing frequently) mice, trackballs, thumbballs, and the IBM fingernub. I change hands, too, and wish there was a reliable way to have many pointing devices attached and "hot" at the same time.

Dave Fleming
12-12-2002, 12:36 AM
Yes Jack that Mouse-Trak has a 'tail' but you might want to wander around the site to see if they make an 'untailed' one.

Meerkat
12-12-2002, 03:53 AM
I've never had RSD in my wrist and I think the way to avoid it is not to cantilever your hand over the mouse but to rest your forearm on a chair arm or table. You can feel the difference instantly if you try it both ways.

Meerkat
12-12-2002, 03:56 AM
John Bell said
The wee girl who made the kitten into the princess was distraught with horror at what she'd done but the animal was fine.
Ah well, the wee animal will grow up and torment boys soon enough ;)