PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the GWB Delay post

Joe (SoCal)
02-20-2003, 11:59 AM
I was taking the time to tell a yarn about my experience with a delay due to Osaama and when I went to post it, it was gone :( anyway I hope this makes sense out of context

This reminds me of a time when Ossama delayed me from getting a chopsteak platter and a pint of Boddingtons. It was late October 2001 and I just got access back into my Hudson Street office. The National Guard was blocking Canal Street. My favorite lunch place on the other side of Canal is Walkers and there lovely open chop steak platter with demi glaze with mash potatoes and green beans and a nice cold Bodingtons pint. I had been missing my usual for almost a month and I was kicking pretty hard. Walkers is one of those old time bars with good food that can only be found in the older parts of cities. The bartenders know your name and what you like the place still allowed the patrons to smoke a cigar after lunch. Walkers is directly down from the 01 NYPD and directly across the street from L008 NYFD Hook and ladder. On 9/11 they opened there doors and fed and sheltered everyone for free for over a week, good people, good bar. I wanted my lunch there but the National Guard would not let anyone who didn't live or work on the other side of Canal access. I showed one guard my drivers License. With some pleading he let me pass. I was not gonna let Ossama deny my constitutional right to red meat & beer.
http://members.aol.com/frznharold/page2/walkers.jpg
Walkers

John Bell
02-20-2003, 12:03 PM
I deleted mine 'cause it was dumb. You just made mine seem even dumber...

Rocky
02-20-2003, 12:49 PM
Doesn't that suck? If you're gonna write a long one do it with a text editor and copy it over.

[ 02-20-2003, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Rocky ]