PDA

View Full Version : Hey! UN supporters (the left)

stan v
04-14-2004, 05:30 AM
How 'bout some C&P? Looky at what's hitting the wires (again, cause the maninstream press is avoiding the story)....this isn't going away.

Investigative Report
Documents Prove U.N. Oil Corruption
Posted April 13, 2004
By Kenneth R. Timmerman

Reports have focused on oil vouchers granted to Sevan, head of the oil-for-food program.

A team of international forensic investigators is preparing to blow the lid off the much-disputed U.N. oil-for-food program in Iraq and will present new evidence of corruption at an upcoming congressional hearing that directly will implicate world leaders and top U.N. officials, Insight has learned.

http://www.insightmag.com/news/2004/04/27/World/Investigative.Reportdocuments.Prove.U.n.Oil.Corrup tion-657739.shtml

OOPS! Don't want to leave this tidbit out....anybody remember the name 'Marc Rich'? It's in this report. :D

[ 04-14-2004, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: stan v ]

Joe (SoCal)
04-14-2004, 05:37 AM
Morning Stanley - So what did ya think of your POTUS fumbling for words at his press conference last night? Good thing he is bringing his buddy Cheney to help him with the big words at the 9/11 hearings ;)

stan v
04-14-2004, 05:38 AM
You're sounding especially small today.

stan v
04-14-2004, 05:49 AM
:D

And, what does Bush's unique speaking style (to the point and truthful after 8 years of smooth talking lying) have to do with the corruptness of the UN? The UN.....Kerry's hope for peace? :rolleyes:

Joe (SoCal)
04-14-2004, 05:49 AM
My wife has a different opinion ;)

Joe (SoCal)
04-14-2004, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Donn:
She's functionally illiterate too?You know the rules Donn, don't say stuff like that about my wife it's in poor form. You don't want me talkin bout ya MOMMA do you ;)

Joe (SoCal)
04-14-2004, 06:21 AM
Since when did a big burly guy with a squeaky little girl voice get to pass judgment on my stature ???

As for spelling you seem to be the only one who cares. :D

stan v
04-14-2004, 06:30 AM
I care.

Where....were

Joe (SoCal)
04-14-2004, 06:32 AM
no Stan it's
whaaaaaaaateeeeeveeeeeer LOL :D

Andrew Craig-Bennett
04-14-2004, 06:34 AM
I'm not quite sure what the report is saying took place. These are huge quantities of oil, tens of millions of barrels, yet the same report speaks of US$300,000 as a "huge" sum spent on cash bribes to Americans.

2 million barrels of oil is a full cargo aboard a VLCC. What private citizen gets six, let alone thirty, supertanker loads of crude oil, and what does he do with it when he gets it? Why no reference to these humungous quantities in the tanker market?

Yet two cases of "topping off" on a single ship, the Essex, are remarked on. These would have been episodes of a few thousand barrels at most.

Some of these figures are out of scale. I doubt if the reporter understands what he is reporting on properly.

stan v
04-14-2004, 06:57 AM
:rolleyes:

Geez ACB, you're not up to speed on this. Read the article (read the first ones I posted months ago), then try to remember where you saw/heard the name Marc Rich.... :D

stan v
04-14-2004, 07:02 AM
ACB, I can't leave you floundering around in a leftist fog, continually caught up in confusion and denial....unsure of what is right and wrong (OK, I'll stop).....VOUCHERS WERE GIVEN AS BRIBES. It's easier to hide a piece of paper than it is a tanker sitting in your front yard.

High C
04-14-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Andrew Craig-Bennett:
2 million barrels of oil is a full cargo aboard a VLCC. What private citizen gets six, let alone thirty, supertanker loads of crude oil, and what does he do with it when he gets it?And Hillary didn't actually take delivery of those cows, either. It's bribery. (the commodity is converted to cash)

[ 04-14-2004, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: High C ]

Ian McColgin
04-14-2004, 09:47 AM
To paraphrase Paul:

In corruption is neither left nor right.

Even though it's corrupt officials and not real working humanitarians who are making a profit here, this UN corruption is more offensive than the corruption by Halliburton et al. At least the businesses are set up to make money and it's not such a reach to move from honest profit to theft.

shamus
04-14-2004, 11:05 AM
A most interesting story, if the hearsay it asserts is ever backed up by the documents now in possession of the CPA.

"Kenneth R. Timmerman is a senior writer for Insight and author of The French Betrayal of America, just released from Crown Forum." :rolleyes:

Andrew Craig-Bennett
04-14-2004, 02:35 PM
Stan, I have read the article.

Let me see now, when did I first come acorss the name Marc Rich... In the late 1970's, Marc Rich had an office one floor below the firm I worked for. Nice chap when you met him in the lift.

I've worked in the oil trade and operated large tankers.

One VLCC load of oil is two million barrels.

At US$30/bbl, say, CIF, that is sixty million US Dollars.

That is a LOT of money. Six tanker loads are three hundred and sixty million US dollars.

Notice the difference between these numbers and the sum of US$ 300,000 which the writer gets very excited about.

Crude oil is of little use to the man in the street. It is only useful to companies who own refineries. Now, you will be amazed to learn that if a complete unknown suddenly pops up with a VLCC or six of crude oil to sell, oil companies like to know where it comes from and how the buyer got title to it. This is in part because of a very famous scam in which four Greek and Lebanese businessmen stole a cargo of oil from Shell and sold it to SASOL (the Salem fraud). In order to avoid getting caught like that again, the oil market likes to know who it is dealing with.

It is inconceivable that any of the individuals listed could have negotiated a bill of lading for two million barrels of oil without anyone noticing.

Now, as I say, I've worked in the big tanker business. VLCCs are tracked very carefully by the market; there are no unknown ships and no unrecorded voyages. When was all this oil loaded, where did it go to, and which ships carried it?

Over to you. Happy conspiracy theory... ;)

High C
04-14-2004, 04:27 PM
Andrew, Hillary didn't actually slaughter the cows herself.

stan v
04-14-2004, 08:26 PM
Marc Rich (living in Sweden for tax evasion in the USA) was the multi millionaire pardoned by Clintonoid as he was walking out of the white house....his ex-wife Denise Rich was the New York debutante and singer/songwriter. ACB, you may have read this article, but it must be the first article you've seen about the corrupted UN oil for food program. Kofi and his son, all the members of the Security Counsel (not Great Britain) are involved as well as several high ranking elected officials that we thought were our friends. Chirac is among this bunch. I haven't seen where the money showed up (which bank) when the oil was sold and the voucher redeemed (you didn't really think these guys pulled up to the pump and yelled 'fill her up!' then pulled out a voucher/credit card with Damsad's picture on it?). So, don't get caught up in the size of this program and how it relates to the number of barrels of oil, think how it relates to fraud and the impact it has had on the Iraqi citizen (this money was intended for food/medicine, etc) and instead lined the pockets of those bent on keeping Damsad in business.....and his oil flowing in the form of vouchers into their accounts. And us out of Iraq.

Meerkat
04-14-2004, 08:35 PM
So tell me, just how negotiable are vouchers drawn on an oil reserve in a country that can't export oil? Was there a quid pro quo in these vouchers, or where they inducements on Saddam's part to get the oil to start flowing? Did anyone actually gain financially from them? Who would be foolish enough to buy them?

If anyone has an exteraneous $300,000 lying about, I'd be glad to answer these questions upon receipt of said sum - although, accurate answers would cost considerably more! :D