PDA

View Full Version : Coup D'Etat

Meerkat
06-27-2005, 04:57 PM
No guns or bullets, but could the US be in the middle of one?

Phillip Allen
06-27-2005, 05:00 PM
Care to expand on that thought?

Meerkat
06-27-2005, 05:08 PM
Um... The Republican/Religious axis, aka "neocons" seem intent on excluding anyone but themselves from office or access to any political power. Corporations are increasingly and more visibly calling the shots. The government is issuing propaganda without attribution and statements that it's quite OK for the government to lie to the electorate. Suspicion is cast on voting and new voting machines have tallies that are easily changable - and manufacturers that vocally support the neocons. We seem to have a foreign policy that is at odds with national security and a trade policy that's tantamount to leaving the vault doors unlocked with a sign attached that says "rob me". SOMEONE is fomenting extreme partisanship on all sides...

George Roberts
06-27-2005, 05:36 PM
I believe there is a wall being built and a line is forming behind me.

Perhaps I will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.

Phillip Allen
06-27-2005, 05:37 PM
I hope they quit using the word neocon pretty soon...I resent the hell out of it and I know I'm not one but it is simply intended as a disguised personal attack...

If you want reasoned dialogue then dispense with remarks meant to insult or degrade...If you want continued polarization then you are on the right track to that end.

the ball is in your court...

Katherine
06-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Phil, it's funny that people should use the name Neocon as an insult. One of my suppliers is named Neocon. Good supplier, nice products. They're Canadian. :D

seafox
06-27-2005, 11:47 PM
what kind of products do canadian neocons make?

does it not make scence to try and get as many people who think like you do elected? especally when the democrates are doing one fantastic job of obstructing any progress from being acomplished?