PDA

View Full Version : Howard Dean

Jack Heinlen
05-22-2005, 08:24 AM
What a wacko sleaze-bag politico. Big suprise, either party.

I just saw him dance with Tim Russert, unwilling to stand by his call for Delay to go to jail, unwilling to back off or apologize. Delay hasn't been charged, yet Dean calls for him to go to jail, then refuses to answer for his rhetoric. He must think he's got a chance to be president, yet.

Russert, to his credit, pushed a bit, but not hard enough. Innuendo.

Slimy politicians. :rolleyes: The Democrats have to be desperate to have elected this fast talker chairman. Vermont needs you Howard, go home.

[ 05-22-2005, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Jack Heinlen ]

km gresham
05-22-2005, 09:34 AM
I watched it as long as I could - about 3 minutes. :rolleyes: Deaniacs are happy, though. :D

We switched to Andy Griffith. smile.gif

Noah
05-22-2005, 09:40 AM
I think you are way off on Howard. As gov he always acted fairly and toughtfully. He was also much more conservative that the press makes him out to be.

At this point the repub party is so full of lies that they need someone to start calling them on it. I love how all the "small gov, moral value" repubs are standing by their man even though he is a crook, and a hypocrite.

rbgarr
05-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Did you get your Barney Fife jones satisfied? Don Knotts would be pleased to know his fan club lives on. :D

Phillip Allen
05-22-2005, 09:58 AM
Noah, I have a question...Do you believe that lies are limited to the Republican party?

Chris Coose
05-22-2005, 10:20 AM
Howard Dean is the perfect opposite/balance to the dubbya and his anti-America jack boots.

Howard needs an army and that's the problem. It ain't the leader of the DNC, it's the slackers who call themselves democrats and don't do sh!t.
He is one brave SOB for hanging his ass out the way he does. I give him big credit for it.

km gresham
05-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Republicans love Howard Dean. smile.gif

Cuyahoga Chuck
05-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Al,
The presumption of innocence is demended only of members of a jury panel.
Dean is not a member of a jury and has no power to mete out legal punishments to Tom Delay. He, therefore, has a constitutional right to characterize Delay's actions and to speculate about the appropriate use of Delay's Texas retirement years.
Gov.Dean is right. Democrats don't have to put up with lectures from those whose personal demons are all too evident. Tom Delay's demon, a Napoleanic size ego, is a far too inviting target to ignore.
To put things on a personal level, if Tom Delay is the whitest hat in your lexicon of heroes God help you. Delay's mouth is his own worst enemy and his attacks against the justice system are monsterous compared to anything that was said on Tim Russert's program today.
You and the other right wing weenies can blind your eyes to what Dean said today but the bozos that you folks elevated to the highest level of our government are watching Gov. Dean carefully and will parse out every syllable of every sentence he uttered.
Those same bozos also read the Times and the Post which most of you abhore. Your immotional attacks would become much more successful if you did what your leaders do. Read the left wing press. They are the voices of your emeny and you should know what they are up to. And, by the way, they are the standard of journalistic excellence in America and reading them would raise you out of your parochial stupor.
Personally, I am more than happy that Gov. Dean failed to win the Whitehouse. He would have made an excellent president, but in lieu of that, he is perfect instrument to point out the failings of the Rovian cabal that is in power today.

Charlie

"Go git'em Howard".

Phillip Allen
05-22-2005, 11:08 AM
"Read the left wing press."

An aside: years ago while my parents still lived, Mom looked across the breakfast table and ask "Dean, why do you read those old left wing papers?" My Dad replied over the top of his spectacles, "I know what I think, Lenora; I want to know what they think"

[ 05-22-2005, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Phillip Allen ]

huisjen
05-22-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by km gresham:
Republicans love Howard Dean. smile.gif Maybe you should have voted for him.

Dan

Jack Heinlen
05-22-2005, 01:10 PM
I could only stand about fifteen minutes of him. I wanted to hear what the Democrats have to say, and Pat is right, they(Dean anyway) aren't saying anything.

Lot's of platitudes, but when pressed to define a position he was as slippery as a barrel full of eels. I know, I know, politicians, but you really had to watch this dude to appreciate of what I speak.

I'm not particularly partisan. Registered independant I vote for the person and the issue, but if Dean is the face the Democrats want to put forward they are in worse trouble than I'd thought. A six year old could have called this spade a spade.

It gives me no pleasure, because I think our dear republic needs active, intelligent debate. It don't need more Howard Deans.

He was spookily-bad today. Vermont man spoke with forked tongue. :(

Meerkat
05-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by km gresham:
Republicans love Howard Dean. smile.gif Democrats love Bush - and can hardly wait until it's safe to have him baked, boiled or fried! tongue.gif

Chris Coose
05-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Jack Heinlen:

It gives me no pleasure, because I think our dear republic needs active, intelligent debate. :( You ought to be thrilled on Tuesday by the Senate then.
I think Howard's calling that one pretty close to it's true nature.

I've never watched this program.
I did read the transcript of this morning's show.
I'll ask this of those who do watch it. Would Russert be as agressive with somebody like Ton Delay or the dubbya?
I was thinking it would be cool to hear somebody put some tough questions and have strong expectations of complete answers to the dubbya.
Instead of some gay whore prostitue with no credentials.

km gresham
05-22-2005, 01:55 PM
Republicans love that the democrats have Howard Dean. smile.gif

Bruce Hooke
05-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Jack Heinlen:
It gives me no pleasure, because I think our dear republic needs active, intelligent debate. It don't need more Howard Deans. Leaving aside the question of Howard Dean, I think it has been amply demonstrated that people who aspire to high political office and who try to get there via a serious discussion of the issues and an in depth presentation of their plans DON'T WIN ELECTIONS. Sadly, it seems that most people don't care about deep discussions and don't want to hear bad news; they'd rather have someone who says "don't worry, be happy" and they would rather vote for someone who promises everything even if down deep they know they won't get what they are being promised. Just look at where most people get their news -- they shun the sources that provide the greatest depth -- written publications -- and instead run to the news sources that do the best job of turning current events into catchy slogans and simplistic solutions. The world is largely "grey," but most people would much prefer to see it as black and white and so they run to the people who try to make it look black and white even thought it isn't.

High C
05-22-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Chris Coose:
Howard Dean is the perfect...leader of the DNC...Oh yeah!!! :D

Jack Heinlen
05-22-2005, 04:00 PM
A preface: I think both parties are self serving, greedy, and their members usually bastards. But this really is silly.

He is one brave SOB for hanging his ass out the way he does. I give him big credit for it. Ya see, he didn't hang his ass out at all. He said NOTHING! He spouted both sides of every issue, and refused to say anything.

The reason the Republicans have won of late is because they, as meally mouthed as they are, occasionally stand for something. People like to know what their public servants stand for.

It's frightening to me that the opposition has a fulcrum of jalapeno jello, Howard Dean. That intelligent people think because he's inflamatory occasionally he's good or eloquent only increases my concern.

The Republicans have vast weaknesses at the moment. The British memo outlining US plans to go to war on false assertions, the Terry Shiavo case, to name two. But if the Democrats are counting on Dean to have some huevos and go after them I think they are whistling past another graveyard in '06. He still wants to be president. Gawd save us. Hill would be better.

I'm going to go wash my mouth out with soap now.

[ 05-22-2005, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: Jack Heinlen ]

Cuyahoga Chuck
05-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Jack,
He's pledged to not run as a condition of his election to head the DemocratIC Party.
And anyway, why should he bother. If Carl Rove can be the de facto president so can Howard Dean. That is if he can find a dunderhead willing to stand for that kind of treatment.
Charlie

Bruce Hooke
05-22-2005, 06:45 PM
It is worth remembering that as head of the Democractic Party his job is not really to appeal to swing voters directly but rather to rally the Democractic Party "troops" and act as a good administrator for the party. How many people cast their vote on the basis of the people in charge of the parties? I think a lot of the criticism of him on this thread is kind of missing the point.