View Full Version : The Gallup Poll

stan v
07-03-2003, 05:35 AM
was interesting this morning. Polling that 70% of Americans were extremely proud and 20% were very proud to be American. But, then I ran across this Ann Coulter article. Guess who represents the 10% of Americans who aren't proud?

Jewish World Review July 3, 2003
Ann Coulter

Liberal alternative to patriotism

On our nation's birthday, it is appropriate to honor the five men who did the most to defend our freedom in the last century. The names are easy to remember -- they are the five men most loathed by liberals: Joseph McCarthy, J. Edgar Hoover, Richard Nixon, Whittaker Chambers and Ronald Reagan.

McCarthy died censured and despised at 48 years old, his name a malediction. Hoover is maligned for having been a mad spymaster and is lyingly smeared as a cross-dresser -- by people who admire cross-dressers. Nixon was forced to resign the presidency in disgrace. Though persecuted in his day, Whittaker Chambers is not hated today only on a technicality: The MTV generation doesn't know who he is. They'd hate him too, but it would take research. By contrast, Ronald Reagan has prevailed over the left's campaign of lies only because the American people do remember him -- so far.

Notwithstanding the left's fantastic lies, these men won a 50-year war because of the abiding anti-communism of the American people. These are the heroes of the Cold War, and have all been personally reviled for their trouble.

The left's shameful refusal to admit collaboration with one of the great totalitarian regimes of the last century -- like their defense of Bill Clinton -- quickly transformed into a vicious slander campaign against those who bore witness against them. Caught absolutely red-handed, liberals started in with their typical bellicose counterattacks. Half a century ago, Louis Budenz, an ex-communist informant, warned investigators that if they dared go after the Communist Party, they would be subjected to savage attacks, never "honest rebuttal." Unless the American people understood that, he said, all was lost.

Absurdly, liberals claim to hate J. Edgar Hoover because of their passion for civil liberties. The left's exquisite concern for civil liberties apparently did not extend to the Japanese. As President Franklin D. Roosevelt rounded up Japanese for the internment camps, liberals were awed by his genius. The Japanese internment was praised by liberal luminaries such as Earl Warren, Felix Frankfurter and Hugo Black. Joseph Rauh, a founder of Americans for Democratic Action -- and celebrated foe of "McCarthyism" -- supported the internment.

There was one lonely voice in the Roosevelt administration opposed to the Japanese internment -- that of J. Edgar Hoover. The American Civil Liberties Union gave J. Edgar Hoover an award for wartime vigilance during World War II. It was only when he turned his award-winning vigilance to Soviet spies that liberals thought Hoover was a beast.

Liberals deemed it appropriate to throw Japanese citizens into internment camps on the basis of no evidence of subversive activity whatsoever. But it was outrageous for the FBI director to spy on high government officials taking their orders from Moscow. As we now know, Hoover didn't need to engage in much surveillance to know who the Soviet agents were -- he already knew from decrypted Soviet cables.

Liberals sheltered communists, Hoover was on to them, so they called him a fag. With precisely as much evidence as they had for McCarthy's alleged homosexuality, the left giddily gay-baited J. Edgar Hoover. Their sensitivity to homophobia was matched only by their sensitivity to the civil rights of Japanese.

While Hoover was alive, any journalist who could have proved he was gay would have won a Pulitzer Prize. But they couldn't get Hoover on a jaywalking charge. Only after he was dead did liberals go hog-wild inventing lurid fantasies about Hoover showing up at Washington cocktail parties in drag (perhaps not recognizing their own Pamela Harriman).

In 2003, the U.S. Comedy Arts Festival put on a musical comedy about Hoover's apocryphal homosexuality in "J. Edgar! The Musical," written by Harry Shearer and Tom Leopold. While slandering a dead man with impunity, rich celebrities -- in Aspen, Colo., no less -- paid tribute to their own dauntless courage. For the second year in a row the festival celebrated the First Amendment, giving its "Freedom of Speech Award" to millionaire leftist Michael Moore, in an event hosted by Joe Lockhart, former press secretary to a president whose IRS audited people who engaged in free speech against him. The executive director of the festival, Stu Smiley, said the purpose of the festival was "to reacquaint ourselves with people who have sacrificed for their right to express themselves."

Liberals' conception of sacrifice is rather broad, including:

-- to work for up to three weeks for less than $1 million;

-- and to not be showered with praise by Veterans of Foreign Wars while burning the American flag. Americans should thank G-d that McCarthy, Hoover, Nixon, Chambers and Reagan were men enough to make real sacrifices. END

Yes, it's true, liberals suck. Happy Fourth of July.

[ 07-03-2003, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: stan v ]

07-03-2003, 05:40 AM
It's amazing that woman's eyes haven't turned brown yet....

Chris Coose
07-03-2003, 06:27 AM
"Yes, it's true, liberals suck. Happy Fourth of July."

[ 07-03-2003, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: Chris Coose ]

stan v
07-03-2003, 06:32 AM
The usual suspects. I'm missing a couple. They'll be along. The Fourth is probably depressing to these 10%. To many flags.

stan v
07-03-2003, 06:34 AM
I like flags.

Chris Coose
07-03-2003, 06:38 AM
Yet another wrong assumption there Stan.
It's a fine day to have off with the family in the summer.
Wonder what day the Iraqui's will pick, the day SH split or the day the dubbya pulled out?

stan v
07-03-2003, 06:40 AM
An error in judgement on MY part? I don't think so.

Greg H
07-03-2003, 06:51 AM
Just for you, Stan. Not my work though.

Won't link----try this:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are
created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with
certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life,
Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure
these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the
consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of
these ends, i it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new
Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form,
as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed,
will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient
causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to
suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which
they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably
the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right,
it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future

[ 07-03-2003, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: Greg H ]

stan v
07-03-2003, 08:30 AM
We all know you want a new government, Habib.

Why not find one to your liking that's already in place?

Joe (SoCal)
07-03-2003, 08:39 AM
Stan your an ass, simple as that no need to dwell on it. :D

[ 07-03-2003, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ) ]

ken mcclure
07-03-2003, 08:48 AM
Now, now, Joe. Easy there.

Stan's calling Greg "Habib" was actually funny to me.

I can just hear him saying it with that Texas drawl......

Greg H
07-03-2003, 09:18 AM
Something like Heawhbeeeeb I reckon. ;)

Actualy Stan, I would like this country to have an elected gov. that represented all the people and not just busisness, the wealthy, and the self-righteous.

km gresham
07-03-2003, 09:25 AM
Greg, we get exactly the govt. we elect. Isn't that how it's supposed to work? smile.gif I guess we just disagree on who is representing which group. I often think the government doesn't represent me, but I just give it another shot next election. ;)

edited for double negative :rolleyes: :D

[ 07-03-2003, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: km gresham ]

Greg H
07-03-2003, 09:33 AM
Except for the appointed President on occasion, we get the best representitives that gerimandering can run and money can buy. I can't afford one myself.

[ 07-03-2003, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: Greg H ]

Wiley Baggins
07-03-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by stan v:
An error in judgement on MY part? I don't think so.stan v,

We are in complete agreement. As it is well known that you lack said judgment, you cannot have an error in the same. ;)

07-03-2003, 10:05 AM
I'm proud of you Stan.

07-03-2003, 10:23 AM
I think the Poles are a peaceful and autonomous people and that we should quick poking fun at them.

07-03-2003, 12:46 PM
Count on a Texass neocon to venerate the 5 most un-american americans of the last century.

Liberals may suck, but conservatives rim.

stan v
07-03-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ):
Stan your an ass, simple as that no need to dwell on it. :D You left out successful. Optimistic. Enthusiastic. Happy. Content. Solid. Would you recognize these?

07-03-2003, 08:10 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ):
Stan your an ass, simple as that no need to dwell on it. :D You left out successful. Optimistic. Enthusiastic. Happy. Content. Solid. Would you recognize these?</font>[/QUOTE]Sounds just like an ox - you know, a casterated steer. Seems about as bright as one too! :D

[ 07-03-2003, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Meerkat ]

km gresham
07-03-2003, 08:36 PM

07-03-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Donn:
Jeez, Meer...edited and still missed a spelling error. What a putz.Better a putz than an idiot - and your little synchophant.

07-03-2003, 09:55 PM
Better a putz than an idiot - and your little synchophant.
That's sycophant. ;)

[ 07-03-2003, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: ishmael ]

07-03-2003, 10:03 PM
Sychophant; N. Psychotic elephant.

Joe (SoCal)
07-03-2003, 10:18 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ):
Stan your an ass, simple as that no need to dwell on it. :D You left out successful. Optimistic. Enthusiastic. Happy. Content. Solid. Would you recognize these?</font>[/QUOTE]I find it odd that someone with such negativity would find anything optimistic ?????

stan v
07-04-2003, 04:57 AM
Not really. I'm very optimistic when it comes to beating h*ll out of liberals.

Joe (SoCal)
07-04-2003, 05:26 AM
So Stan I heard of fighting with one hand tied behind your back but how do you beat the H*ll out of liberals when you walk around like this all day :D

[ 07-04-2003, 06:27 AM: Message edited by: Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ) ]

stan v
07-04-2003, 05:30 AM
You're confused. That's a MODERATE. Same as a liberal, but can't admit it. Like the senators from Maine. Like, you.

Is this his idea of protesting a future flatulence tax?

[ 07-04-2003, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: stan v ]