PDA

View Full Version : Kangoroo Recipe

Memphis Mike
08-12-2005, 08:08 AM
Not that I can get any Roo meat but it would be fun to start a new recipe thread.

Hows about it Dingo?

Wild Dingo
08-12-2005, 08:23 AM
:cool: ah young Mike me young sprat Im growin to like you young fella :cool:

Roo... oohh yeah best meat there is you know true apparently its the best meat out there no collesterol see?

Anyways recipes... now some may dispute this but this is me favorite all time recipe for roo tail stew

First the roo... you gotta stop the buggar hoppin first!!... so out with the rifle a good head shot and down he goes!... next skin and gut take the best cuts thats the hind haunches and tail

leave over night to bleed out

next day

slit the tail down the underside and peel skin away... now some people boil there roo but me I like to roast it first gives it a great flavor but either way get it almost cooked through about half an hour in a 250 degree oven or preferably on a hot plate over a good camp fire have a nice camp oven with a bit of damper goin while yer at it... oh right back to the roo

So youve got the tail near on half cooked great so now get one of the haunches and slice and dice it into inch cubes

oooooohhh ****e near forgot!! get a whoppin great stock pot ready half full of good water not that bore water that tastes like ****e... toss in about 10 or so medium sized spuds a couple of large onions half dozen chopped carrots half a bottle of bundy rum chop a couple of oranges into slices and then toss in a dozen or so of them tiny hot chili... then toss in the cubed roo and about 3 tablespoons of gravox and a half a cup of wastershire sauce and a tad of bread crumbs... yes you heard me bread crumbs! about half a loaf will do the trick

Now put the pot on the fire or stove to boil slowly about an hour or so... I also like to hard boil some googy eggs on one side and add em later

So once thats all goin along nicely take a nice drink of the rum thats left and grab the roo tail cut it at the segments (its bone in there lads) so you end up with about 6 or so chunks of roo tail okay now when the meat in the pots near cooked toss that tail in...

Let er cook till the rums gone from the bottle grab a plate and a ladle and dish yerself up some of the finest roo stew you ever tasted!! :cool:

Wild Dingo
08-12-2005, 08:25 AM
entre?? no worries!

Roo sushi

Slice the other haunch into thin and I mean SERIOUSLY wafer thin slices...

Get a bowl or large dish ready... put a cup of wastershire sauce and a fair whack of tabasco sauce in stir em together add a nice dash of bundy rum for taste

slide the slices of roo into the mix swirl around for a sec or two

eat! :cool:

Wild Dingo
08-12-2005, 08:29 AM
Roo an mango mince

This is the flamin ducks knuts for hambuggers!

So get yer roo and mince er up nice an fine... add a bit of salt and a nice whack of fresh cracked black pepper a couple of duck eggs if you can get them chook eggs will do in a pinch I guess but duck eggs are richer and will taste bloody brilliant... anyways... mix em in with the roo mince now get a couple of nice ripe kensington pride mangos big ones! cut and peel the flesh away and mix it in with the mixture...

make into patties and cook like any other burger

oooh yeah! :cool:

Wild Dingo
08-12-2005, 08:36 AM
Now of course you will want to cook yer roo the best way there is wont you? So here it is...

get a nice roo steak... nice and fresh dont worry about bleeding her out just slice the steaks off the fresh skinned roo

get a nice hot fire happenin

whack a hot plate over it... a tad of the good oil... nah not bloody oil yer mug!! The GOOD oil... beer that is! slosh it on the hot plate nice an liberal... now get some salt and splash that around dustin the hotplate

so the hotplates hot and ready finally so whatcha waitin for eh?

Bung them steaks on!!!

Let her cook for a few tics on one side splash a bit more of the good oil over the steaks turn em over let em cook for a full 3 minutes or so then turn once more let it cook for a couple more minutes

Serve! eat with gusto and with as much good oil of choice as you can get yer hands on! Roo is ALWAYS best eaten with good oil makes it taste bedda see?

Oh you can have roo with any veggie or with a salad either way doesnt matter roos real adaptable stuff as long as youve got plenty of the good oil around! ;)

Wild Dingo
08-12-2005, 08:45 AM
Anothery?? No worries!

Now us truckers know that the best cooked meat there is is fresh slow cooked meat thats spent the mornin bakin slowly tied to the donk of the motor

True!! My oath it is... now heres how its done

You get yer roo (or any other steak like meat) lay out a nice sheet of that tin foil stuff on the bench and lay the meat on it... rightio! now add a couple of nice sliced hot chili a bit of worsteshire sauce and some salt all over it adding a bit more than covers it... wrap it up in the foil then wrap it in another layer

Get ye out to yer veehikle... truck car whatever... open the bonnet hood whatever yous blokes call the thing that hides the motor... now I gotta stress something here mate...

Make sure you do your pre start BEFORE you go any further!!... check and fill the oil first!! get that over with!!

Okay so thats done and yer ready for the road trip eh? so get yer parcel of roo steak and lay it on the donk... thats the top of the motor... now get some good ol balin wire and tie that sucker down!! dont mess with any of the spark plug leads or other wires or such under there but tie her down

Now arc that ol girl up... and get mobile!!

you left at 10 or so right? so pull up at 12 open the bonnet take that balin wire off the parcel open it up and EAT!!

Just remember to do your oil FIRST cause mate that motor oil just plain tastes like ****e! :(

Memphis Mike
08-12-2005, 09:45 AM
Thanks Dingo! :D Now I just got to find me a Kangaroo. I think there's a few at the Memphis Zoo. :D

Mrleft8
08-12-2005, 10:02 AM
You occasionally can find them on the sidewalks outside of stock brokerages too.... ;)

paladin
08-12-2005, 11:51 AM
or go to your local Jack in the box.....and think smaller...get a wallaby....

[ 08-12-2005, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: paladin ]

Mrleft8
08-13-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by paladin:
or go to your local Jack in the box.....and think smaller...get a wallaby....If you get the Wallaby, and ask them to "Super size it" do you get the full sized Kangaroo, or just a Wallaby on steroids?

Phil Eves
08-13-2005, 08:44 AM
I heard you get wobbley on steroids?....

Wild Dingo
08-13-2005, 09:14 AM
Now yous fellas do know why ol Rolf Harris sang about tyin his kangaroo down dontcha? (as in the song "tie me kangaroo down sport")

You try keepin one of them blighters still long enough to cook without tyin the buggar up!! tongue.gif