PDA

View Full Version : a tear in me eye a shake in me voice a huge smile on me dial...

Wild Dingo
11-25-2002, 09:37 PM
:cool: CHEERS!!! :cool:

Today I recieved a very unexpected parcel from yous fellas and sheilas and mates I gotta tell yer... Im STONKERED!!! Flabergasted!!! totally speachless!!!... well okay not that bad tongue.gif but I mean... GUYS!!!

Yesty I posted a note of thanks for kindness recieved and mentioned a couple of people in particular but today that posts gone... cause your all fanbloodytastic!!!

I recieved the parcel after a tad of running about like a demented chook with its head cut off trying to get the local PO twerps of their proverbial butts and find the mail that Donn had said was coming... Well it was hidden down at the Falcon sub branch so we off and picked it up just now... and as possum opened it she just stared first at it then at me then back at it then back at me... with a tear in the eye she put her lovely head on me shoulder and handed the contents over and shaking her lovely noggin... with wonderment I looked at the contents stared bug eyed and with an expression of stunned amazement very similar to that on the face of a startled bungarra in the headlights of an oncoming semi... and then looked again at the lovely possum with the tear in her eye and matched hers with a bunch of my own... man a hug was in order!!!... you people are simply aweflaminsome!!! true blue!! ridgey didge!! talk about bein able to knock a couple of quiet unassuming Aussies over with a feather! GAWD! Im at a loss for words mates and matesses!! total loss for words!! :rolleyes: :D

Anyway without any embarrassment by naming names of those involved... {but will if needed cause we love you guys and the world should know who these fanbloodytastic people are!! But no to save any embarressment for the more quiet and modest amongst them I wont}... anyway people just know the parcel was recieved is extremely appreciated and will be a great help in getting over the last few months... just by its existance its already lightened the load :cool: ... so to one and all involved in the last few weeks...

THANK YOU!!!! :cool: :cool:
I would stick 10 of them smilies here to represent each of us instead of just a lousy 2 but Ive run out again!! sigh typical eh?... if ever there was a time a fella needed more smilies to try to convey what hes saying its NOW!!... anyone got a spare one or two they can throw up there???

Take it easy
Shane Jody and the hoons

[ 11-25-2002, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Wild Dingo ]

Wild Dingo
11-25-2002, 09:41 PM
Figured a way of getting more of the smilie fellas... another post!! ohhh duhh!!... gawd yer a sheer genius Dingo mate! yep no worries gots more of them smilies so whatch out Scot!!

:cool: Yazmynn
:cool: Melissa
:cool: Tiffany
:cool: Aaron
:cool: Bethany
:cool: Jacinta
:cool: Brieana
:cool: Joshy

Take it easy
Shane

[ 11-25-2002, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Wild Dingo ]

Wayne Jeffers
11-25-2002, 09:59 PM
Sounds like a good day in the land of upside-down. Glad to hear it. :cool:

Speechless is the last thing we would expect from the Dingo! ;)

Wayne

Memphis Mike
11-25-2002, 10:12 PM
:cool: :D

Alan D. Hyde
11-26-2002, 11:01 AM
Here's a few extras from the wilds of Indiana...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Alan

Ed Harrow
11-26-2002, 01:09 PM
tongue.gif ;)

John of Phoenix
11-26-2002, 02:26 PM
Dingo mate, it is with some trepidation that I post this, but here goes. http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/ups/dvx_rune/smooch.gif

Now you've got to figure out how to get more. http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/ups/dvx_rune/witch.gif

ishmael
11-26-2002, 02:35 PM
Don't know what some of our esteemed collegues sent along, but I'm happy for it. My best wishes go with it. Sounds like just the right kind of cheer at just the right time, and that is rare in this world. :D :D :D

Hughman
11-26-2002, 03:35 PM
OK, dingo, here's mine.
smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Joe (SoCal)
11-26-2002, 04:23 PM
Gongrats Dingo - and count them up boys
;) tongue.gif :cool: smile.gif http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/ups/dvx_rune/smooch.gif http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/ups/dvx_rune/witch.gif http://www.smilies.org/images/smilies3.gif http://www.smilies.org/images/smilies3.gif

Peter Kalshoven
11-28-2002, 10:46 AM
Shane,
For those of us not in on it, what was in the package? Please let us know! smile.gif smile.gif
Pete

mmd
11-28-2002, 11:18 AM
Peter, I was not in on it either, but I know that it contained good thoughts, warm friendship, and hope for better times, and that is good enough for me.

Wild Dingo
11-29-2002, 01:28 AM
Peter mate... and those who have contacted me offline... I honestly dont know how to handle this.

I recieved good wishes in the form of a gift from some of our fellow forumites when we recieved it it was a total and utter surprise to say the least and absolutely unexpected.

I dont know how it was arranged or any of the decisions regarding it come to... and mate I wasnt about to ask... it was something from my mates here I honestly thought you were all aware... I just wanted to thank you all hence the posting.

I havent gone back and looked through the forum posts theres just simply been too much happening for me to take the time to have too long a gander... was everyone privvy to what happened and what was sent? mmmmm given this and the emails Ive recieved over the last few days obviously not.... the reasons why I cant answer I simply dont know... perhaps time? perhaps they knew that if I saw something posted being the sorta fella I am I would have demanded it stop! or perhaps they simply wanted to get something done to help as fast as they could and this has meant some werent contacted... I believe what was done was done with the best of intentions and without any thought of upsetting anyone...

I and my family appreciate the thoughts and gifts that came to us via all you fellas here... I dont want to upset anyone by stating what it was or who exactly it was from... they gave of their hearts and well... thats enough for us... we dont want to embarrass them by naming them if they feel they want to say who they are and what they did for us then so be it... but I feel rather uncomfortable doing so when they gave as they did without asking and without qualm.

Its a real blessing and treasure to us knowing that all of you feel the way you do about us all... its quite amazing to me that I seemed to have had such an impact... Im just a pretty normal easy going sorta fella and we're really just a normal family {albeit larger than most} going through a few humps in the road of life is all... and what weve experienced through my participation on this board is truely nothing short of amazing.

A question for you in return... and dont anyone take this the wrong way please but... if you are given a gift from people who are somewhat modest and some even shy {in that some post but rarely} do you make a song and dance about what it was?... no you make a song and dance about the very fact that these wonderful people whoever they are have done something that was a surprise and a very real help to you... what it was exactly is really irrelevent to anyone else... oh and when you get Christmas presents do you ask to see the reciept of how much they cost?... I sorta feel that this to me it is along the same lines

A gift was sent and recieved unexpected and unasked for... a gift that can help us get over this particular time... the thought was as important as the actual gift and that is a real treasure to us.

Soooo in answer to the question... if those who were involved wish to say something then I will leave them to do so... but from myself I really am a fair bit embarressed by the question... I also realize that that wasnt your intention... no worries :cool:

Did I answer that right??? gawd I hope so!!! :eek:

Take it easy
Shane

[ 11-29-2002, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: Wild Dingo ]

Peter Kalshoven
11-29-2002, 11:33 PM
No worries, mate. Your presence here is a gift to all, and I'm happy for you. I read your post as if there had been a post regarding a package prior to it's sending, and I just can't read them all. (I used to, but either there's just a lot more of them than in the old days, or I'm getting older and can't read that fast... well, it's a toss-up! smile.gif ) So, don't say any more, just keep hanging around here... we all missed you while you were gone.
Have a g'day!
Pete