PDA

View Full Version : Football Fans For Truth!!

Kev Smyth
09-21-2004, 03:00 PM
Now we are having fun!! :D

Cheesed-off readers from Wisconsin e-mailed us last month when Kerry referred to the Green Bay Packers' Lambeau Field as "Lambert Field." You'd think Kerry wouldn't have fumbled that Frenchified name, but Football Fans for Truth also notes Kerry's infamously bungled praise of the Ohio State Buckeyes ... during a visit to Michigan.
And it cites a third gridiron gripe about the Massachusetts Democrat, complete with photographic proof: "John Kerry throws a football like a girl."

The group zaps the senator for other athletic offenses as well, including:

"Kerry told a radio interviewer that his favorite Red Sox player was Eddie Yost. Eddie Yost never played for the Sox."

"Kerry once praised 'Manny Ortez' of the Red Sox. There's no Manny Ortez on the Sox lineup or indeed, any other MLB roster. Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz play for the Red Sox. Maybe all baseball players' names sound alike to the Democrat nominee."

"When Kerry threw the first pitch at a Red Sox-Yankees game, he did not throw from the pitcher's mound yet still bounced the ball before it reached home plate. He then blamed his namby-pamby throw on the catcher, a National Guard soldier and Iraq war veteran: 'I held back,' Kerry told reporters. 'He was very nervous. I tried to lob it gently.' Conclusion: John Kerry throws a baseball worse than a girl."

His elitist attempt to blame a Secret Service agent for a fall while skiing.

Noah
09-21-2004, 04:00 PM
Boy you are so right...what we really need is a President that owned a ball club. That is real leadership training... tongue.gif

Who the hell cares? Anyone running for Pres should have alot more to think about than BaseBall. Maybe that's why Iraq is going the way it is.

ljb5
09-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Kev Smyth:
His elitist attempt to blame a Secret Service agent for a fall while skiing.You mean the guy who hit and ran over him?!

I admit, it was bad form to snap at the guy, but call a spade a spade. He didn't "attempt to blame" the Secret Service agent; the Secret Service agent was at fault.

Kev Smyth
09-21-2004, 06:02 PM
You're right, it's bad form to snap at the guys you expect to take a bullet for ya... ;)

But let's face facts- Kerry is a girly-man who should stay away from sports. Although I hear he can run down and woo a rich widow in no time flat! :D tongue.gif

[ 09-21-2004, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Kev Smyth ]

km gresham
09-21-2004, 06:03 PM
And remember, Kerry NEVER falls! He said so. tongue.gif At least if he'd jumped up and said "I meant to do that" it would have been funny.

[ 09-21-2004, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: km gresham ]

Meerkat
09-21-2004, 06:14 PM
NASA proposes a new probe: The Search for Intelligence in the Whitehouse! :D

km gresham
09-21-2004, 06:16 PM
Come to think of it that secret service agent who tripped Kerry did look a lot like Karl Rove! :D

Kev Smyth
09-21-2004, 06:27 PM
Rove and Limbaugh in '08!! :D

km gresham
09-21-2004, 06:28 PM
:D You really are trying to drive the dems mad!

Meerkat
09-21-2004, 06:30 PM
If insanity is a state of mind, Republicans are stateless persons! :D

Victor
09-21-2004, 06:45 PM
Talk about not doing your homework! If there's one thing that everyone concerned will pick up on in a second, it's a sports trivia faux pas.

Meerkat
09-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Once again, it's football season: send your gifts of pretzels to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, District of Columbia 20022. Allow 2 weeks for SS vetting.

[ 09-21-2004, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: Meerkat ]

Beowolf
09-21-2004, 09:19 PM
P.O.'d a bunch of Ann Arborites by referencing OSU, eh? Maybe he's not such a bad guy afterall.

Jeff