PDA

View Full Version : FEARS

Mrleft8
03-04-2003, 09:28 AM
Aside from the obvious ones, like nuclear war, and scorpions in your shoes, Stan (or Dingo) showing up on your doorstep with a suitcase and no return ticket :D .... What are you afraid of?
Lately I've become aware that I keep looking for smoke or fire, either in the house (when I'm in the barn), or in the barn (when I'm in the house....)

NormMessinger
03-04-2003, 09:34 AM
Yea though I walk throught the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil 'cause I'm the toughest SOB in the valley!

Concerns: Living to long or dieing to soon

Shang
03-04-2003, 09:35 AM
Well...it bothers me that my neighbor's cat is reading my mind with magnetic rays...

Bill Dodson
03-04-2003, 09:37 AM
Being a quiet and introverted sort of guy, sometimes I'm more afraid of my 17-year old daughter than I am of hurricanes and tornadoes :eek:

Bill Dodson
03-04-2003, 09:39 AM
But as the father of a 17-year old girl, I'm mostly afraid of car accidents, boy accidents, drugs, rapists, college tuition and things like that... :confused:

ishmael
03-04-2003, 09:39 AM
The two things I fear most are crippling or slow, mentally numbly death, and starvation without a solution.

I can handle a quick death, I can handle hard times, but those two.

Read what is going on in Zimbabwe just now for a political slant on the starvation 'thang'.

Scott Rosen
03-04-2003, 10:15 AM
Spending too much time in this Forum.

Rocky
03-04-2003, 10:39 AM
Getting a life.

Mrleft8
03-04-2003, 10:16 PM
OK..... Well..... This is a start guys..... Now tell me about your childhoods....

Leon m
03-04-2003, 11:07 PM
Bush getting relected :eek:

chuckie
03-04-2003, 11:12 PM
leon getting his way!

LeeG
03-05-2003, 12:07 AM
growing hair on my hands

Rex Fearnehough
03-05-2003, 08:58 AM
Spiders.
Growing up.
Not knowing what's happened to Leons crow.
http://opkikkertje.nl/smilies/dieren/vogel001.gif

ken mcclure
03-05-2003, 09:06 AM
Those (edited) beams that they keep shooting from the tops of light poles. Costs me a fortune in aluminum foil for hats, coverings for the door hinges and knobs (they conduct the beams, you know) and window hardware.

Mrleft8
03-05-2003, 11:04 PM
Spiders are fine...... As long as they don't sneak up on me, and start crawling on me while I'm napping on the couch..... If I see them first, they're fine... If they sneak up on me, they become "ex-spiders".

Wild Dingo
03-05-2003, 11:45 PM
Fear?... true mind numbing fear?? mmmm heights! {yep should be a fun flight eh? :eek: } Bungy jumpin! rock climbing! absailing!... Definantly CAVES~! I HATE CAVES!! being blind scares the bejeezus outta me the thought of life without color terrifies me... mmmm sharks sea snakes... what else?? being unable to write would be a terrifying thought... being buried alive would be pretty scarey ****e I reckon I mean knowin all them buggars are up there drinkin and partyin and me layin in a box in the ground ALIVE!! hence cremation for moi!!

Must admit maybe Im gettin that massive adrenalin rush that something like climbin the ratlines on a 70ft schooner in the midst of a ragin cyclone to cut the tangles of the top mast breaking away would give yer with the kinda spine tearin fear of a Bobbit type thing happening! :eek:

But!!... really the rush of facing fear and coming through the other side is an amazing thing! ...Caves definantly fear of caves :(

ishmael
03-05-2003, 11:59 PM
Personally, I hate vituperation. Damned bitch.

Why do we hate what we most wanted? Stupid.

JimD
03-06-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Shang:
Well...it bothers me that my neighbor's cat is reading my mind with magnetic rays...Shang, Ken has the right idea with the tin foil hats, but if you want to prevent sterility you will need to use lead.

Also, I had a very happy childhood, although the lead made it tough when swimming. But fortunately my parents had the foresight to plan for the long term gain even though there was some short term pain.

JimD
03-06-2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Mrleft8:
Aside from the obvious ones, like nuclear war, and scorpions in your shoes, Stan (or Dingo) showing up on your doorstep with a suitcase and no return ticket :D .... What are you afraid of?
Lately I've become aware that I keep looking for smoke or fire, either in the house (when I'm in the barn), or in the barn (when I'm in the house....)Stan I could give a ride home. Dingo would have to wait until I build a bigger boat smile.gif

Ron Williamson
03-06-2003, 06:43 AM
Women.
SWMBO's afraid of being trapped under ice(Shudder)

Mrleft8
03-06-2003, 10:40 PM
Time to move to the Caribbean.... Only ice you'll find there is in a rum drink.... :D