PDA

View Full Version : The best damn Apple

Joe (SoCal)
03-08-2005, 08:14 AM
Lisa brought home a bunch of these apples http://grapplefruits.com/

These Gr?pple's are the best apples I have ever eaten so tasty apple. Eating one now

They the sweet distinctive flavor of Concord grapes combined with the crispness of a fresh, juicy Washington Extra Fancy apple.

How Gr?pples Are Made

They go in an apple - and come out a Gr?pple!

Gr?pple™ brand apples begin as a Washington Extra Fancy Fuji Apple. Of all apples this is the one that takes on the grape flavor best.
This process is complex and the ingredient mix includes concentrated Concord grape flavor and pure water. All ingredients are USDA and FDA approved and the process has been licensed by the Washington State Department of Agriculture.

There is nothing but flavor being infused into the Fuji apple. The apple takes on no additional sugars or calories. They are not genetically altered in any way. The apple is as healthy as ever but now has the new exciting grape flavor.

So simply put, how do Gr?pple™ brand apples get their flavor? Fuji apples are dipped into a combination of pure water and Concord grape flavoring for a short time. They are then moved into cold storage for few days while the flavor takes hold. After which they are packed and shipped out to grocery stores.

[ 03-08-2005, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ) ]

Larry P.
03-08-2005, 08:20 AM
Joe you disappointed me I was expecting to see something like this ;)

http://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/2041/720/store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/beautyshot_macmini_050111.jpg

Neville Striker
03-08-2005, 08:20 AM
Sounds delicious Joe.

http://www.baddentist.com/RosenthalNoBridge.jpg

MJC
03-08-2005, 08:44 AM
Yeah, but are they INSANELY GREAT??

Joe (SoCal)
03-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Na not insanely great

Dutch no wonder you are pissy sometimes. I would too if I was wheelchair bound and had face furniture like that. :eek: :eek:

Ooofa thank God I grew up with fluoride in the water smile.gif

[ 03-08-2005, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ) ]

Jack Heinlen
03-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Hm. I like a good apple, but haven't been looking lately. Citrus season and all.

A good Mac, in season. Or a Northern Spy. And there's nuthin' like going to the orchard in the late summer and picking your own.

Thanks for the heads up. Where do they come from? Chile, New Zealand?

Larry P.
03-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Hey Joe I responded to the email you sent to me did you get it?

Andrew Craig-Bennett
03-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Cox's Orange Pippin is the best eating apple. Pollinate with a James Grieve, which is also not bad.

The best cooking apple is a Bramley.

Stiletto
03-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Not from NZ Jack, we grow real apples.

StevenBauer
03-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Jack, he did say it was a Washington Fuji. But I for one won't be eating any grape flavored apples. :D My favorites are Braeburns.

Steven

uncas
03-08-2005, 07:33 PM
I love sharp...tangy apples...don't like the Mac...too soft and eating one reminds me of chewing on wet sandpaper...or how I vision it anyway...
Give me a Granny at least...With the number of varieties on the market, there are, I am sure, a lot similar.

Ron Williamson
03-09-2005, 06:25 AM
uncas
You want a Mac fresh off the tree.They don't stay crunchy and tart(my eyes are squinting,just thinking about it) for long.
R