PDA

View Full Version : Steve Erwin the crocodile hunter

Wild Wassa
04-23-2002, 08:16 PM
My son showed me this site.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/trailers

See 'movie trailers' MGM/United Artists, the Crocodile Hunter.

I'm still laughing.

Warren

[ 04-23-2002, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Wild Wassa ]

John B
04-23-2002, 10:30 PM
Speaking about Australian cultural icons ...

Is Chief Inspector Hawker the boy out of Skippy?

Wild Dingo
04-24-2002, 05:49 AM
YOU GOT TO BE JOKIN????? Geeeeez seems folks will buy anything!! What a flamin dork! :D

mmmmmmm maybe bein a dork is how you get to make lots of $$$$$$$ bein a total idiot right? ;)

.. Im EXCITED!!... Geeeeeez hes got just EVERYTHING in there aint he? screenysavers... mmmmm wonder if theres one whith him gettin his butt bit??... I want one of them Joeygotchi's

GOSH... IM EXCITED!!... FAIR DINKUM!!... IM EXCITED!! tongue.gif

Flamin wakker! :rolleyes:

Take it easy
Shane

doorstop
04-24-2002, 06:57 AM
"Croc of Crap" would be closer! Shane is so right ... this plonker is the complete Wanker, a waste of oxygen, he's full of more **** than 1,000,000 dead flamin' possums.... AAARRRGH! I hate the prat....
Hells Bells, I'm no bloody Rhodes scholar but that idiot makes me look like a mental giant! Anyone who can stand more than 4.5 nanoseconds of the idiots drivel should be minced and used as croc food..... that way the mutton headed, short pizzled wombat would end up as "Croc Crap!"

Wild Dingo
04-24-2002, 01:42 PM
aw comon doorstop old mate... hes worth all of 5 seconds of screaching laughter as his eyes bulge and his jaw flexes in between bein mr mighty croc hunter!!

Mind you hes nailed down a flamin good thing... makin stacks of good old fashioned moola by bein a loud mouthed pop eyed yobbo :D

My hoons from the littel fella to the 12 year old think hes funny as hell while the elder ones just think hes... well what doorstop said ;) Jo thinks hes a national disgrace and should be shot... I just think hes misguided and a total dork in need of a brain transplant.

But... the Americans love him and theyre the ones with the big wallets! goodonyerSteveyawaker! :D

Now his missus... thats a different story!
On another level... have any of you guys seen that other great Aussie show... "Bush Mechanics" ? flamin awesome!!

Its about tribal Aboriginal fellas from central Aussie who show you how to fix your car with nothin but the scrub and any old rubbish you wouldnt expect to be of any use...

Example... got a broken brake pad?... no jack? flat tyre?... all three at once?... well these fellas tell ya how its done... of course you have to read the subtitles but that adds to the journey smile.gif ... first stick a flamin great lump of mulga under the seat... opps forgot to mention that... first first thing... get the hatchet, axe hammer or whatever other heavy not necessarily sharp object from the boot... and hack the back seat out then toss it on the ground next to the wheel with the flat/broken brake pad...

Now while a couple of ya mates sit on it stick that lump of mulga under the car over the back of the seat sorta like a lever type setup... and flip her in the air grab a couple more mates... did I tell you that you have to travel with more than 18 in any car up there or its just not worth travelling?...well its the Aboriginal way ;) ...
anyway get them to shove as much branches dirt blankets guitars and anything else thats handy under the offending tyre... get it nice and high...

Right now... while those lazy buggars are lounging around on the seat give em another lump of mulga and an old file, empty beer can chopped in half or rusty bit of car body metal... and get em to work shaping it into the new brake pad...

Meanwhile grab a couple of other fellas and get them to take the tyre off and set it down on the ground... lever of the tyre from the rim with another bit of mulga layin around... now send whoevers left standing about smoking and yabberin about anything and everything... into the scrub for as much spinifex as they can get and begin stuffing that sharp spiney hard needle like grass in between the tyre and rim barehanded of course...

okay that done?... remove the brake pad cover and expose that broken pad... okay take her out and lay her on top of the one the fellas are shapin keep em at it till its pretty much the same sort of shape or close enough is good enough... slip that fella in there and whack the cover on her again tighten her up and now throw a bit more spinifex into the tyre again and lever her down so shes all done and back together...

whack her on the car get the yobs of the seat and rip out that mulga stick... and...

bobsyauncle!! :D All fixed...

Now rip out that spare bottle of woobly youve been hiding and get someone to start a fire cook up a roo ya shot earlier and bung er on and then grab a couple of bits of loose mulga and begin whackin them together in time with your drinkin the celebratory woobly!! :D Actually thats not quite right these fellas are from a settlement that is "dry" in that theres no alcohol allowed... but then they aint at the settlement are they theyre out in the bush miles from nowhere and theyve just come back from the Alice after picking up old uncle whos just got out of the jug... mmmmm go with the celebratory drink!! :D

If you fellas can get a look at this series was on the ABC so it should be available on video... anyway get a gander at it!! its a bloody hoot!! and much better than Steve bug eyed excited Irwin!!

Take it easy
Shane

Wild Dingo
04-24-2002, 01:54 PM
clarification mode is on!!

"Woobly"... = Any and all rough as guts gutrot plonk you can get hold of... doesnt matter what brand or even if it has a brand... hell... any alcohol will do!!!... Just not beer as beers not woobly thats grog, piss, cats piss... for you Southwark drinking South Aussies :D :D ... or juice of the gods depending on where in this country you come from! :D

Ooops clarification mode again!.....

Plonk... = Any low gutter brand bottled Port Brandy Whiskey or Sherry... nowadays though Plonk is sometimes reffering to such cask bound crud as Port Brandy Whiskey or Sherry... the stuff that tastes like what I imagine crap to taste like and smells worse than a 12month old bag of vomit thats been layin out in the desert sun...

Clarification mode is off! :cool:

Take it easy
Shane

stef
04-24-2002, 02:36 PM
Hi Wild Dingo:

Does "bush mechanics" have a web site? Either, the official, or fan type will do.

It would be nice to have a peek. Even with 100+ digital channels there is still a lot of nothing on the tube.

Best regards

Stefan smile.gif

John B
04-24-2002, 08:11 PM
Aw geez guys. I thought he was the quintessential aussie bloke. Me mum went to his theme park and loves him.

Now, on that other subject... who did Sonny from Skippy grow up to be? serious. Did he go on ? did he go on like Opey and become Ron Howard, like Little Joe growing up to be um ..( lets forget that one. LHOTP) Heck while we're at it, what about the Lassie boy... who did he become?

B_B
04-24-2002, 08:26 PM
Wild Dingo Sir:
I LOVE the fellow, did you see the show where he had monitor lizard chase him, bit half his boot off as he was climbing a tree (he thanked god he had steel toed boots - I on the other hand would have appreciated a little blood or loss of toe)

Of COURSE he's a wakker (is this anything like a wanker? cause I think he is a wanker and if that's anything like a wakker then he is officicially nominated as the best wanker/wakker EVER) - methinks me've been hittin the Kaluha and Goats milk a little heavy this evenin.

" A prophet has no honour in his home town (or something like this :rolleyes: )" right on the money, I've been telling my boss this for ages :D

[ 04-24-2002, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Braam Berrub ]

NormMessinger
04-24-2002, 08:44 PM
He does tend to get a bit dramatic, he does. Pretty superficial. But what on US TV isn't?

--Norm

Wild Wassa
04-24-2002, 09:36 PM
Hello the World, sorry, what have I just 'done'?

In the US he lectures to the Marines. In Australia Steve still has to compete, fully. Even with his fans.

Next, I'll find a Paul Hogan site, if you all don't all behave.

Put your snakes in the freezer 40 minutes before handling. At least their toungs can still flick. When you do, just remember a King Brown (Inland Taipan) remains a King Brown. This technique for tourists helps, just follow what Steve does. Jumping on crocs? That's easy. Looking for Death Adders under leaf litter, basic stuff. Then there
are only 50 traxotoxins (possibly 62), in Australia. Bronze Whalers and White Pointers good white bait.

Australia is a dangerous country for 'silly tourists'. The number of tourists that get chomped, eaten, bitten or drown, or go missing while bush walking is terrible.

Warren

[ 04-24-2002, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: Wild Wassa ]

doorstop
04-24-2002, 10:33 PM
A wanker is just a wacker with wee wee widdle willy!

Bush mechanics was fun the first time, but who likes the same joke over and over....

Shane, we Croweaters prefer Coopers to that terrrrrrible Southwark stuff... well at least us good lookin' ones with impeccable taste do!

B_B
04-24-2002, 10:42 PM
hmmmm, so a 'wacker' is a wanker with a larger willy? So you are making fun of Steve by calling him a wacker, but you are at the same time making fun of him by saying he is a wanker, but with a larger willy?

mmm, a backhanded compliment?
or a front handed put-down?

you ozzies are a weird bunch! :D

LaMess
04-25-2002, 02:35 AM
Silly me. I thought it was brilliant satire.

On Vacation
02-12-2004, 07:13 AM
Yes, did we forget about the crazy folks in Australia? :D

Wild Dingo
02-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Aint it great! We can look back at what was said back then about ol SteveflaminIrwin and say well... we tol yer so! totally wakker! thats the one with the wee willy like Doorstop tol yers!! :D

Actually hes gone REALLY REALLY quiet since that baby doodoos he did with the croc... mmmmm musta found a brain and paid it to think eh? tongue.gif

An no I aint found any site or info on the bush mechanics sadly... was a good laugh I thought :cool:

Lion
02-12-2004, 07:18 PM
The guy is a total tosser and oxygen thief !

Lion