PDA

View Full Version : 1st * 3

cs
12-06-2004, 06:21 AM
Not one, not two, but three first place trophies.

I had posted earlier about my daughter having to compete this weekend on three different chearleading teams. There was the Hixson Middle school team, the United Blue Devils Youth and the United Blue Devils Juinor Co-Ed.

Well after a busy day Sunday, every team that she was one walked away with a first place trophey.

Of course this was only regionals and Nationals will tell the true tale, but notheless we have three first place trophies. :cool:

The girls worked hard and I'm proud of them.

Chad

km gresham
12-06-2004, 06:44 AM
Congrats to the cute kid! (And her proud parents.) smile.gif

LeeG
12-06-2004, 07:22 AM
that's great.

Joe (SoCal)
12-06-2004, 07:23 AM
C :cool: :cool: L

cs
12-06-2004, 07:49 AM
http://www.unitedcheerleading.com/images/devil2.jpg

http://www.hcschools.org/hixsonmiddle/images/cat5.gif

Chad

cs
12-07-2004, 06:20 AM
Just thought I would bump it back up. For those that are interested the top logo I posted is from United and the bottom one is from Hixson's web site, they are the Hixson Wildcats.

Chad

km gresham
12-07-2004, 06:40 AM
Any doubts now about moving her? ;) smile.gif

Bruce G
12-07-2004, 06:47 AM
Great for her!!!

Congrats :D

cs
12-07-2004, 06:53 AM
No doubts Karen. Even though her other coaches were great, she is having so much fun here and I'm glad that she finally has had the chance to learn what it is like to be a winner, although to me she has always been a winner.

Chad

km gresham
12-07-2004, 07:05 AM
Whatever they say about being a good loser - winning is a lot more fun. Especially when she works so hard to excel. Fun to see her win, too. :D

cs
12-07-2004, 07:33 AM
One thing about her teams losing in the prevous years, it has taught her how to be a gracous winner.

Chad

bamamick
12-07-2004, 08:33 AM
The park that I played football and basketball for growing up was a disaster (still is). We went four years and won one football game. We had to import some 'ringers' from another area of town to start being competitive in basketball. My dad's comment was that the only thing that we learned at that park was how to lose. And that stinks.

Coach Bryant said 'show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser'. Think about that one. That's a tough thing to say, but for people who compete for a living it rings true. Your kids have seen both sides now. I saw the same thing. When I was in high school our football team lost one game in three years. I think that I appreciated the wins far more than did most of my teammates, and I knew how to treat the guys we played. Hey, I had been there.

It's all part of their education. I think that it's important for kids to see both sides. You're never going to win them all in life. It helps to find that out while the stakes are not so high.

Mickey Lake

cs
12-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Mickey, is that Bear Bryant that said that?

Chad

NormMessinger
12-07-2004, 09:44 AM
"... about my daughter having to compete this weekend on three different chearleading."

"Having" to compete or "getting" to compete? ;)

htom
12-07-2004, 10:26 AM
Congrats to both of you. Perhaps the "having to compete" is the aggrivation of transporting her to the different competitions that are tightly scheduled?

bamamick
12-07-2004, 11:14 AM
Yes, Chad, it was Paul W. Bryant that said that. As I said, a tough point of view, but he was a tough man.

Mickey Lake