PDA

View Full Version : The work place

cs
09-14-2004, 12:23 PM
How many of you out there work with folks that parade around with all types of self-proclaimed titles and than whine about how much work they have because they have to do all these other different jobs?

For example say you have a corporate secretry. They go around stating that they are the accounting department, office manager, payroll manager, and project management, but than complain that they can't do one part of their job because they have so much to do. Than you try to do part of your job and they get all in a hussy because they think that they should be the one doing it.

BTW I guess typing up Contracts for the boss makes you a project manager. :rolleyes:

You get to the point where you hate to hear someone say, "Well which hat should I wear today? Should I be a project manager or office manager. I got so much to do I haven't got time to do it." And than you go in there and they are on the phone talking about the church social.

Chad

brad9798
09-14-2004, 03:32 PM
As a business owner/employer of quite a few folks, I can honestly say that it is insecurity ...

In fact, over the last couple of years, I have had folks ASK me for a title and a lesser raise ... vs. a larger raise and keep old title ...

WOW!!!

Of course, and you know me, they get the lesser raise and no title until they earn it ...

Then, they get mad at me!

Titles are for the birds ...

I own two companies, and my business card just says my name ... what else matters besides my name????

Oh, and I'm sitting here in a $3 pair of torn fleece shorts from Target ... no shoes ... no shirt ...

I'm not to into impressing folks with titles ...

Noah
09-14-2004, 03:59 PM
I always liked the saying "Ladies with Titles will go for your vitals", but I suppose it isn't really PC. Screw the title I want the big raise, unless it's VP. Then I want both.

I hope my boss is reading this ;)

brad9798
09-14-2004, 04:46 PM
As usual, you have no idea about what you speak ...

People don't stuff envelopes ... MACHINES do.

Noboby in my company makes less than 18/hour ... and that's just a couple ... most are in the 25+ range

Many are in the 35+/hour range ... although I do nothing hourly ... all are salaried.

If you didn't have such an attitude, I'd hire you- I'm sure it would be a raise!

Anyway, I'm going to jump in the pool now ... Summer's almost gone!

brad9798
09-14-2004, 06:17 PM
Yea, with profit sharing, 401k, health insurance (including dental and vision) ... you're right, I'd never hire you!!!

I hope God grants you the serenity to accept the things you cannot change.

Donn
09-14-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Memphis Mike:
..bub..ROFL!!! :D :D

cs
09-15-2004, 06:10 AM
What did I miss? Seems like someone has posted something and than pulled it.

Brad, you can pay me $25 an hour and keep all of your titles. When can I start? ;)

Chad

alteran
09-15-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by cs:
What did I miss? Seems like someone has posted something and than pulled it.

Brad, you can pay me $25 an hour and keep all of your titles. When can I start? ;)

ChadI think MMike asked how much they pay the guy who fills the candy machine.

brad9798
09-15-2004, 09:00 AM
Yea- Memphis pulled his thread again ... at least he didn't blow it up!!!

Oh, I mean puddintane ...

Oh well, he was accusing me of dressing like I did due to the sweat shop I run! :rolleyes:

The typical MM hates business owners crap ... even if they are good business owners.

Oh well, as I said to him, as long as the Coke comes out when I press the button, MMike is A-OK with me!!! tongue.gif

cs
09-15-2004, 09:09 AM
Brad along with paying me $25 an hour, will you let me wear my flowery Hawianan shirts?

Chad

Chris Coose
09-15-2004, 09:15 AM
The current commander in chief is an excellent example of the Peter Principle

brad9798
09-15-2004, 10:59 AM
You know Chad ... funny you should ask-

I am wearing a Hawaiian shirt right now ... honestly! :cool:

cs
09-15-2004, 11:10 AM
So does that mean I get the job? I can change light bulbs, make coffee and for an extra $1 an hour I can answer the phones, and you don't even have to give me a fancy title. ;)

Chad