PDA

View Full Version : the ignore Stan post

imported_Snatchblock
09-10-2003, 08:58 AM
does any one else get sick of his daily cut and paste spin on the world? How bout just ignoring him starting now? He may just decide to go some where else and spread his vision of a more perfect world. I for one will start ignoring all posts he starts.

[ 09-10-2003, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: Snatchblock ]

Andrew Craig-Bennett
09-10-2003, 09:01 AM
Sign me up for Troll-Watchers!

I promise not to respond to Stan on any political matter for the next fortnight. smile.gif

On subjects where he is sensible, (like Westerns, where he shows commendable taste!) I will carry on a sensible exchange with him. ;)

[ 09-10-2003, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Craig-Bennett ]

LeeG
09-10-2003, 09:08 AM
he is more strident these days,,a sign that more roughage is needed.

John of Phoenix
09-10-2003, 09:20 AM
Done. I'll go so far as to not even READ them.

Chris Coose
09-10-2003, 09:34 AM
Whats the mafia say about keeping the enemy nearby?

I visit Rush about 2 times per week for a total of 10 minutes.

Stan keeps me abreast of the attitudes of what turns out to be the way a lot of people think in this country.

Oyster says in another thread that us libs have helped him to get active and loose some weight.
Stan keeps me from becoming politically complacent or even apathetic.
Stan's posts actually get me out of the house and to a couple of meetings a week.
His posts help me to send money to liberal candidates.
His posts help me to write e-mails to scummy representatives.
His posts get me to e-mail lists that he would consider to be subversive, aid to the enemy and generally opposite to all that the dubbya would like to tear down.

I shall refrain from posting to his crap but I'll probably still open it to see what the enemy is up to.

rkrough
09-10-2003, 09:34 AM
Stan's posts are like finding a naked teenager in your bed (gender is up to you)
You know better than to touch but it is oh so hard to resist.

Popeye
09-10-2003, 09:35 AM
neutral as a suisse army knife. save one comment if i may..

have always found it fascinating that "conservatives" are actually the more radical people who are most likely to accept and tolerate.

whilst left wing people (the ones i have known (groan)) always are staunch, never ,never, no-way, the 'i find that unacceptable' type.

weird.

Eric Sea Frog
09-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins.

Wild Dingo
09-10-2003, 10:09 AM
Ive always liked standley :cool: ... he challenges the notion of sane Americans rather well :D ...eeer okay sane Texans! tongue.gif

I have no problems reading anyones threads no matter who they are while I know some totally ignore others to me thats pretty ignorant of them... ah well never mind people wanna be ignorant thats a choice they make

But I will only respond when my fingers get in a mood... standley sorta gets that mood happenin... sometimes my fingers cant resist the challenge to just respond! :D ... its another facet of the forum thats interesting... just as Donns google responses are fascinating at their speed and his short sharp one liners... as well as that Standleys actually a nice fella in a Texan way :D

Oyster is a nice bloke Ive yarned with Mike a few times now on the phone and a nicer bloke Ive not yakked to from the USA... has some innerestin notions and ideas but thats fine by me makes him more innerestin! be bloody boreing if everyone was the same eh?!

Settle back snatchypoos and enjoy the threads for where they go!... ignore no one and enjoy everyone... cause everyones contribution makes the place worth the visit... to ignore someone just cause they cut an paste political propaganda heck you would miss out on a bunch of inneresting peoples comments in their responses to the stuff posted... sometimes the initial post isnt the inneresting one its the replies where it leads all over the place the ins and outs the information and knowledge that makes the thread {yes even standleys} innerestin

ah well thats my take anyways :rolleyes:

oldriverat
09-10-2003, 10:16 AM
Stan's posts actually get me out of the house and to a couple of meetings a week.
I have to go every night! :eek:

rkrough
09-10-2003, 10:21 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by popeye:
[qb]neutral as a suisse army knife. save one comment if i may..

have always found it fascinating that "conservatives" are actually the more radical people who are most likely to accept and tolerate.

whilst left wing people (the ones i have known (groan)) always are staunch, never ,never, no-way, the 'i find that unacceptable' type.

weird.

Just a matter of which side of the fence you standing on.

[ 09-10-2003, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: rkrough ]

Wild Dingo
09-10-2003, 10:39 AM
but mate he did say he was neutral... sittin like a cocky on the fence! nice way to be around here sometimes ;)

imported_Snatchblock
09-10-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by popeye:
neutral as a suisse army knife. save one comment if i may..

weird.You must be speaking of the likes of Eric Rudolf.

Chris Coose
09-10-2003, 12:41 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to go every night!
I was referring to meetings other than the ones that unite us as brothers.
More like the meetings that Joe McArthy would be interested in actually, subversive anti-dubbya pro-liberal topics.

Popeye
09-10-2003, 12:58 PM
rudolf, dont know any rudolf, i met santa once.

Type A: An individual who is a perfectionist. They donít want to have any association with dirt. Getting dirty makes them feel cheap and worthless. They need neat surroundings.

Type B personality is more flexible.

---------------
".. that's good enough for me to poop on"

-- Triumph.

adampet
09-10-2003, 01:43 PM
Has Stan ever posted any place OTHER than Misc Non-Boat?

Does Stan even own a wooden boat?

Does Stan subscribe to WoodenBoat?

Why does Stan come to our site, if he has no apparent interest in wooden boats?

Anybody with the answers?

Shang
09-10-2003, 02:05 PM
WBMsclForum...of all places...is at least close to a free cyber-country.
Don't hassle StanVee, he's one of our mates, and has as much right here as anyone else.

...As does Snatch, who is a troll.

Popeye
09-10-2003, 02:11 PM
I [censored] agree with [XXXX] that [censored] statement.. and [censored], but ya know.. [censored].

so there.

mmd
09-10-2003, 02:16 PM
adampet, to reply to your questions, in order:

Yes, but rarely.

No, he has one of the other stuff.

I'm not sure, but I doubt it.

Again, I'm not sure, but it seems to be related to the same reason that young children act up in class - to get attention.

Stan seems to think that he has them all.

imported_Snatchblock
09-10-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Shang:
WBMsclForum...of all places...is at least close to a free cyber-country.
Don't hassle StanVee, he's one of our mates, and has as much right here as anyone else.

...As does Snatch, who is a troll.lets see, thang, you consider me a troll but not Stan?

Shang
09-10-2003, 04:13 PM
...Didn't say he wasn't.
...But you're better at it.

imported_Steven Bauer
09-10-2003, 04:14 PM
Hold on here just a minute. Some of you actually read Stanlie's posts? Say it ain't so! :D

Steven

oldriverat
09-10-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Chris Coose:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> quote:

I have to go every night!
I was referring to meetings other than the ones that unite us as brothers.
More like the meetings that Joe McArthy would be interested in actually, subversive anti-dubbya pro-liberal topics.</font>[/QUOTE]Well, where can I find me one o them here in Memphis then. I want to be a subversive too. :D Is that kinda like a Liberal secret agent man?

[ 09-10-2003, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Memphis Mike ]

Greg H
09-10-2003, 04:58 PM
Real Subversives can't go to meetings, it would be counter productive. :cool:

Michelle said she believes in "personal anarchy" :D

[ 09-10-2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Greg H ]

Shang
09-10-2003, 05:18 PM
Read John Sayles' The Anarchist's Convention: Short Stories (Little, Brown and Co., 1979)

jack grebe
09-10-2003, 05:22 PM
sure I read stans posts
asfor trolling, what would this place be without them............boring
look as far as anyone is concerned...all are welcome here until they prove otherwise

Tar Devil
09-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Stan is one of many good folks on this forum who regularly send me emails of support and good will and to check on Cheryl. His emails are kind, sincere, encouraging, and without any agenda other than friendship.

Thank you, Stan (and Norm, Oyster, Johannah, Kevin, Shane, Donn, Joe, Ed, Memphis Mike & Sue, Lisa... my apologies to those I left out, but my thanks all the same!).

Later,

Phil

Wild Dingo
09-10-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Wild Dingo:
I have no problems reading anyones threads no matter who they are while I know some totally ignore others to me thats pretty ignorant of them... ah well never mind people wanna be ignorant thats a choice they make

Seems I should clarify this paragraph a bit mates... I wasnt directing that to any particular person at the time... although there are those on this board {along with other boards of course} who for whatever reason choose to ignore any post by certain people no matter the context of the post... it could be a question seeking information or knowledge that it is known that a particular person has and asking specifically for that persons assistance... and yet that particular person will simply ignore the poster for whatever reason... they ask for assistance from someone who knows and therefore could help and that someone can give and yet they ignore them?... yeah that is ignorant!

I chose not to name names simply because I dont intend to be as rude and ignorant as those people themselves are and they know who they are so thats enough.

My apologize to any who may have taken me literally with the above paragraph from my previous post... it wasnt my intent.

My intention was to say that no matter the poster there is content they post that is relevent and is interesting to read... information that we could learn something from with the potential for us all to offer our support encouragement smiles laughter tears prayers and even discussion on topics that are often diverse and sometimes inflamitory... everyones words have value... unless theyre abusive denigratory insulting or with implied threat as has occured here at one time or another... theres no necessity for it... ignoring someone cause you dont agree with them in some posts they may write about in the bilge is pure ignorance... sorry but thats my view.

Ive seen people post a specific question to a specific person who could have assisted them had the expertize to do so... but the person ignored them and stated on another thread that they dont read anything by that particular person... that is ignorant no matter how you cut it... its also a choice factor they choose to be ignorant ****es I however choose not to ignore anyone and thats my choice... so what Im tryin to say is I refuse to ignore Standley he is as Phil has said one of the nicest blokes around and offers support where and when he can without the noise... he just quietly does whats he feels he can with no fanfare... a quiet PM a quick email a nice bloke... so his political leanings are sorta outta left feild somewhere? ignoring him will not make him go away look at his flamin number hes been here a fair while now he aint goin nowhere soon by your ignoring him! Its never worked in the past so why would it work cause snachiepoos wants to ignore him? grow up!

Again my apologize to any who may have taken me literally with the above paragraph from my previous post... it wasnt my intent to offend any one particular person rather to say some do it and its bloody ignorant {IMOP that is}...

Finally from a personal perspective to my knowledge there is only one person who ignores all my posts and has stated emphatically that they dont read my posts... only one {to my knowledge that is} and he knows who he is... He ignores my posts and that is fine by me... I still read his posts because he has a hell of a lot of knowledge experience and information that I intend to learn from regardless of his view of me... and I still respond to his posts and whilst he ignores my words and responds to the others who post around me whats it matter?!

have a good one fellas

Mrleft8
09-10-2003, 09:59 PM
Stan who?

imported_Snatchblock
09-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Well said Shane. I will continue to ignore Stans posts. At least with the Oyster I can get a chuckle.

[ 09-10-2003, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: Snatchblock ]

brad9798
09-11-2003, 09:02 AM
We all have our personalities on the forum ... but, I'll echo Tar Devil in that Stan is a very sincere, caring man-- this crowd is so easy to rile ... I'll bet Stan is always the last one laughing at the threads he starts.

Sorry to blow your cover Stan!!!! ;)

Ignore Stan? NEVER. He keeps this forum sane ...

Popeye
09-11-2003, 09:13 AM
-----------

"Out, Out Damn Spot"

-- Lady MacBeth

Wild Dingo
09-11-2003, 09:25 AM
What starts out an grumpy "ignore stan" thread turns into a "we wub standley" thread!!! :eek: :D ...Bet hes fair wettin hisself laughin at this one! tongue.gif

rkrough
09-11-2003, 09:31 AM
Most of us here have never met in person, Therefore the words we type are the only measure here of who we are. If you post messages that are antagonistic and insulting to others,that is what people will expect from you. Brief moments of civility seldom erase a negative impression.

In short if you don't like being called an a**hole, then don't act like one.

Chris Coose
09-19-2003, 06:49 AM
Actually pretty easy to not write to this garbage.
It becomes boring after a bit.