PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Chicken

Jim H
06-04-2004, 10:13 PM
Though I've seen it suggested 1,000 & 1 times I've never tried using Wishbone Italian Dressing as a marinade. I used it last night on some IQF skinless/boneless chix breasts that were still frozen. I grilled them up tonight and they were excellent the dressing is a top notch marinade.

Memphis Mike
06-04-2004, 10:23 PM
It's great on steaks too Jim.

Meerkat
06-04-2004, 10:24 PM
If you think that's good, try boiling up some bite-sized diced potatoes and, while they're still really hot, lightly dress them with Italian dressing. If you add some well-drained crispy bacon and maybe a sliced up boiled egg it's even better. Very reminiscent of hot german potato salad.

Jim H
06-04-2004, 11:04 PM
See, that was easy, lets keep it going. I'd rather spend my time agreeing with people than spitting expletives. I'm still working on that chipotle BBQ sauce and I think I know what's wrong - too much heat.

capt jake
06-04-2004, 11:16 PM
Take them taters and just micro them for a bit; (with the dressing)just until them are starting to be fork tender (5-7 minutes).

Then place them in a baking dish with more dressing and a little garlic, then (if they are fork tender) bake for 10-20 minutes until browned!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM! smile.gif

Simple, easy, delicious!! smile.gif

Jim H
06-04-2004, 11:16 PM
Mike, how do you cook beef short ribs? Rub, marinade, sauce, etc.??

JimD
06-04-2004, 11:41 PM
At this juncture I guess there's not much to be gained by saying I just boil the darn chicken and throw it on the bbq

Memphis Mike
06-05-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Jim Hillman:
Mike, how do you cook beef short ribs? Rub, marinade, sauce, etc.??The key is slow. I use a rub and then put them on the smoker for six to eight hours. Got me to thinkin, {ya know, I do that from time to time} I may go to the store and do some short ribs today. I've been cooking up a lot of chicken wings lately. It was chicken wings last weekend and chicken wings the weekend before....I don't want no chicken wings this weekend.

Mrleft8
06-05-2004, 08:24 AM
I was thinking smoked chicken parts... Maybe with a spicy ginger rub.....

Memphis Mike
06-24-2004, 06:54 AM
Yeah lefty. Don't forget about the lips. They is the best part.