PDA

View Full Version : Hot Tempered Teresa

km gresham
09-20-2004, 10:31 AM
The New Yorker tries to provide cover "doubt she knows what it means." :D Bless their hearts!

Monday, Sept. 20, 2004 10:23 a.m. EDT
Teresa: My Critics Are 'Scumbags'

Hot-tempered would-be first lady Teresa Heinz Kerry has once again lashed out at her critics, this time during a Pittsburgh television interview where she called them "scumbags."

The ugly outburst, revealed nationally for the first time in a lengthy profile in the Sept. 27 issue of the New Yorker magazine, is the most outrageous so far by the billionaire ketchup heiress, and pushes the bounds of behavior voters might accept in a first lady.

The New Yorker's Judith Thurman chronicled some of Heinz Kerry more well-known verbal gaffes before noting the videotaped vulgarity:
"She dismissed voters skeptical of her husband’s health-care proposals as 'idiots,' and, in a television interview with a Pittsburgh anchorwoman, employed the word 'scumbags' to describe some of her detractors," Thurman said.

"There are these bizarre moments that make you shudder," one Kerry adviser told Thurman. "Like calling herself African-American to black audiences."

In an effort to put Heinz Kerry's vulgar verbiage in context, the New Yorker writer explained, "I doubt that she knows the literal meaning of 'scumbag,' but perhaps, after forty years in America, nearly thirty of them as a political wife, observing how the flaws and contradictions of a personality as complex as hers are melted down for ammunition by the other side, she should have learned it."

ljb5
09-20-2004, 10:36 AM
Makes you long for the days when First Ladies were gently pithed (after running down their highschool boyfriends and killing them.)

Chris Boers
09-20-2004, 10:53 AM
She is one classy "African American".

km gresham
09-20-2004, 10:59 AM
:D Never a dull moment! I know why they stuck her in the hospital for a day or so. :D Can't wait to see her and John on Dr. Phil!

N. Scheuer
09-20-2004, 12:01 PM
What is a "Scumbag", anyway? Wouldn't be referring to smug Conservatives, would she?

Teresa sounds like a refreshing change.

Moby Nick

km gresham
09-20-2004, 12:04 PM
She's a hoot. I don't think you could accurately refer to her as a first "lady" under any circumstance. ;)

Joe (SoCal)
09-20-2004, 12:15 PM
What happened to having all Karen political post's in one thread :(

Marvin E.
09-20-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ):
What happened to having all Karen political post's in one thread :( Are you the moderator on this forum? Maybe you should combine all of your threads in one section each day.

km gresham
09-20-2004, 12:19 PM
I've not posted anything political today.

ljb5
09-20-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by km gresham:
I've not posted anything political today.You're right. This is pointless drivel. As is everything you post.

Who cares if Teresa has a sharp tongue?

"Scumbag" isn't much of an epithet. You want to complain about something, listen to Cheney.

Laura Bush killed a man.

LeeG
09-20-2004, 12:45 PM
http://images.burningman.com/index.cgi?image=17324&results=17380,17378,17373,17372,17369,17367,17365, 17364,17363,17345,1 7333,17326,17325,17324,17322,17321,17319,17318,173 17,17316&ord=254/463&skip=240&q_year=2004&q_photog=&q_keyword=&q_categ ory=

found it

km gresham
09-20-2004, 12:49 PM
Little shrill today aren't you, ljb? Calling all my posts drivel. That could hurt somebody's feelings. smile.gif

John Bell
09-20-2004, 12:56 PM
Give 'ol LJ a break. Someone moved his cheese.

[ 09-20-2004, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: John Bell ]

km gresham
09-20-2004, 12:59 PM
smile.gif Oh, I knew there was a
good reason. He's not usually
so harsh. :D

ljb5
09-20-2004, 01:08 PM
Little shrill today aren't you, ljb? Calling all my posts drivel. That could hurt somebody's feelings. smile.gif I call it like a see it. You posted a critical piece about Teresa Heinz Kerry and then claimed it wasn't political.

Drivel.

km gresham
09-20-2004, 01:28 PM
Was that critical? I thought it was
just another demonstration of her
fiesty personality. smile.gif She's
sort of fun, because they can't
control what she says. I don't
think she really understands this
political stuff. She reminds me of
Goldie Hawn in "Overboard" before
she falls in love with Kurt Russel.
:D

Alan D. Hyde
09-20-2004, 03:12 PM
Courtesy of allwords.com

scumbag
noun

1. coarse slang
A contemptible person.
(chiefly US)
2. A used condom.

Etymology: 1960s.

LeeG
09-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Karen,,do you have a complete dialog from which to make the judgement that she "doesn't know this political stuff" given the use of the epithet scumbag?

From what I've read of your posts your understanding of political stuff doesn't go much deeper than a headline.

ljb5
09-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Alan, which dictionary are you using? It seems naughtie than The Merriam-Webster Dictionary. (http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=scumbag)

In fact, I can't find any dictionary that uses that definition. Maybe you're embellishing?

km gresham
09-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Ususally wives who understand politics don't use words like scumbag and idiots to refer to those who disagree with them. Could be a new trend in first ladies, though. I think hillary wins with f-ing jew bastard, though. I forgot which of their "friends" she was upset with at the time.

But you're correct, Lee. I don't understand the first thing about politics. So, if I were you
I'd quit reading my posts. smile.gif

[ 09-20-2004, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: km gresham ]

Joe (SoCal)
09-20-2004, 06:03 PM
I've not posted anything political today.
Ususally wives who understand politics don't use words like scumbag and idiots to refer to those who disagree with them. Could be a new trend in first ladies, though. I think hillary wins with f-ing jew bastard, though. I forgot which of their "friends" she was upset with at the time.

But you're correct, Lee. I don't understand the first thing about politics. So, if I were you
I'd quit reading my posts. smile.gif I would say this IS a political thread :rolleyes:

Nightmoves
09-20-2004, 06:07 PM
And I would say that 5bj's is gonna get more and more shrill with each updated poll. :D

Ross is correct. :rolleyes:

Phillip Allen
09-20-2004, 06:09 PM
If history is lies agreed upon then perhaps politics is lies we feed upon

Kev Smyth
09-20-2004, 06:12 PM
And I thought this was a humor thread! At least I found it pretty funny!! :D ;)

I do like the suggestion that JCSOH put all his posts- replies, and everything, in one thread! Brilliant!! :D :cool:

Joe (SoCal)
09-20-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Marvin E.:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ):
What happened to having all Karen political post's in one thread :( Are you the moderator on this forum? Maybe you should combine all of your threads in one section each day.</font>[/QUOTE]Twas Karens original idea and choice Marvin, pay attention folla :rolleyes:

Nightmoves
09-20-2004, 06:18 PM
Hot tempered JCSOH? :eek:

Kev Smyth
09-20-2004, 06:23 PM
Does this mean we can refer to democrats as "scum bags" without being chastised by the forum police? After all, if it can pass the lips of the first-lady-in-waiting, it must be OK for the general public! :cool:

Or is this one of those democratic "do as I say, not as I do" things? Or maybe it's only OK for "African Americans"- as I understand Ms. JFK to qualify. :confused: ;)

Phillip Allen
09-20-2004, 06:24 PM
I suppose Mrs. Kerry just hasn't had to mingle much with folks who could hit back and live. I also suppose if I had the kind of money (or whatever you would call it) the Kerry's have I'd entertain myself with politics or the like. Most of us though are in need of getting our living everyday and haven't the time for such pursuits. What ever the motive for his running, though, I'm not thrilled to be his fashionable cure for boredom.

[ 09-20-2004, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Phillip Allen ]

Donn
09-20-2004, 06:24 PM
She did it, and got bashed by the likes of JCSOH anyway. Commodore, Moderator, Sailor. What a guy! :rolleyes:

Meerkat
09-20-2004, 06:28 PM
Little shrill today aren't you, ljb? Calling all my posts drivel. That could hurt somebody's feelings. smile.gif Gotta have 'em to have 'em hurt! tongue.gif

Meerkat
09-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Kev Smyth:
Does this mean we can refer to democrats as "scum bags" without being chastised by the forum police? After all, if it can pass the lips of the first-lady-in-waiting, it must be OK for the general public! :cool:
Sure, you can call us scum bags - you scum suckers. Now get busy! :D

Kev Smyth
09-20-2004, 06:30 PM
Ah. Meer! You're welcome!! :D :D

WHOA THERE- "scum suckers" has not yet passed the lips of MS. JFK- or has it?!? :confused: :D tongue.gif

[ 09-20-2004, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Kev Smyth ]

Joe (SoCal)
09-20-2004, 06:30 PM
nOpe Stan
Banned again? - I noticed Elco's Meerkat bash thread and some of da Dutch's posts have been edited, ya think Scot is on yer side ;) Keep it up and you might run out of phony e-mail addresses how do you keep it all strait :eek: Me I just type away no problem day after day same ol Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ) will full privileges. Obviously the powers that be think YOUR angry and I am not :D

Bruce T'was angry he became Lost & Found
Conrad T'was angry he became Kev Smyth
Foote T'was angry he became Elco's
MMike T'was angry he became Pudinsomthing
Dutch is always angry so he is always becoming one thing or anouther :D
You your the best ALL AMERICAN ALL THE TIME STAN you were forced to become ALL OMERTA and now ALL Nightmoves all TROLL all the time must be hard to be you.

Me I'm happy not angry when you have to become 3 different screen names just to post on a WOODENBOAT forum it might be time to think maybe its not them, but its you. Folla

[ 09-20-2004, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ) ]

Kev Smyth
09-20-2004, 06:33 PM
Joey- ya forgot MM as whoever he is this week!! YA FOLLA!!!!!!! :D :rolleyes:

Nightmoves
09-20-2004, 06:35 PM
Actually what I was thinking that as my current identity is Nightmoves I'm still polite to the ladies, don't thrash threads, or use foul language. It might be suggested that the moderator just misses your posts (All Joe All the Time), or he's busy making sure this forum doesn't get to far to the right. I don't know that. But, I do know this, if your threads were here by themselves, the moderator would put a bullet in his own brain, THEN move to Canada.

Joe (SoCal)
09-20-2004, 06:36 PM
Joey- ya forgot MM as whoever he is this week!! YA FOLLA!!!!!!! :D :rolleyes:
MMike T'was angry he became PudinsomthingConrad you frequently have a hard time reading are you OK?

N. Scheuer
09-20-2004, 06:37 PM
So what is YOUR definition of a "lady", Karen?

Teresa sure seems close enough to me. I married two (not at the same time) so I know whomof I speak.

Having a mind of one's own certainly does not disqualify one as being a "lady".

Moby Nick

Kev Smyth
09-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Joey- you're behind the curve again- MM is now Elmer Jenkins or such........ YA FOLLA!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

Joe (SoCal)
09-20-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Nightmoves:
Actually what I was thinking that as my current identity is Nightmoves I'm still polite to the ladies, don't thrash threads, or use foul language. It might be suggested that the moderator just misses your posts (All Joe All the Time), or he's busy making sure this forum doesn't get to far to the right. I don't know that. But, I do know this, if your threads were here by themselves, the moderator would put a bullet in his own brain, THEN move to Canada.Didn't help ya as Omerta, didn't help you as Stan, and most likely wont help you as Nightmoves :D

I would take some time to think how you have had to become 3 different trolls and yet I have always be who I am,

I know if I was kicked out of a bar 3 times for being a jerk I would think twice before I stepped back into the place. Folla ;)

[ 09-20-2004, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ) ]

Joe (SoCal)
09-20-2004, 06:47 PM
Joey- you're behind the curve again- MM is now Elmer Jenkins or such........ YA FOLLA!!!!!!!

:D :D :D Conrad you will be some troll AGAIN before I'm ANYONE but Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ) FOLLA :D

Nightmoves
09-20-2004, 06:47 PM
Of course, if I received e-mails from the moderator asking me to re-think a post, or two, that may have helped. But, since you define those that have been booted as jerks, and therefore you believe you have become somehow 'boot proof', I think that speaks volumes of an arrogance you carry. Somewhat low to the ground, but carry nonetheless.

Joe (SoCal)
09-20-2004, 06:51 PM
Stanagain™ what part of: When you have to become 3 different screen names just to post on a WOODENBOAT forum it might be time to think maybe its not them, but its you. Folla

Do you not understand?

[ 09-20-2004, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ) ]

Nightmoves
09-20-2004, 06:54 PM
Perhaps you need to understand the phobia that is becoming apparent..... :eek:

Elmer Jenkins
09-20-2004, 06:54 PM

:D :D :D Who is this MM feller? :confused: My name is Elmer and I live up Possum Holler in Kentucky. I run a small chickin operation here.

Nightmoves
09-20-2004, 06:56 PM
Hmmmm, Puddpuller before....now Chicken Choker?

Joe (SoCal)
09-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Perhaps you need to understand the phobia that is becoming apparent..... :eek: Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the Caine out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers...

Kev Smyth
09-20-2004, 07:10 PM
Hey Joey- I heard the reason that Conrad fella got booted was because YOU fouled one of his threads, and when the moderator asked him to pull the thread, HE HAD THE TEMERITY(look it up :rolleyes: ) TO SUGGEST THAT THE MODERATOR DISCIPLINE THE SCUM BAG OFFENDER (JCSOH), NOT THE INNOCENT THAT STARTED THE THREAD. :D :eek: :D

Justice, what a concept. :rolleyes:

But in time the moderator will tire of joey's antics, and we'll get to see whether he "takes it like a man" or not. ;) :D

Elmer Jenkins
09-20-2004, 07:16 PM
"But in time the moderator will tire of joey's antics, and we'll get to see whether he "takes it like a man" or not.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My guess is he will put up a tussle. :eek:

Nightmoves
09-20-2004, 07:21 PM
My guess is he'll put on a tassel. tongue.gif

Left out the e!

[ 09-20-2004, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Nightmoves ]

Kev Smyth
09-20-2004, 07:23 PM
Doubt it. He fights like a girl. :rolleyes: ;) YA FOLLA!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/pa860386a5827039f89fe497221842e75/fabbcefd.jpg

Elmer Jenkins
09-20-2004, 07:30 PM
That has got to be the ugliest female I ever did see! :eek:

Look at those gappy teeth!

[ 09-20-2004, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Elmer Jenkins ]

Joe (SoCal)
09-20-2004, 08:01 PM
The red dress everyone loves that read dress :D . Me I think this years bride gown will be much better. And ya just KNOW there will be a BUNCH of photos for ya all :D :D :D

Conrad sorry about your problems with Scot, I learned a long time ago never argue with the man who can pull yer plug.

But if I ever got the plug pulled contrary to how I dress one day a year, I would take it like a man. ;)

[ 09-20-2004, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ) ]

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
09-20-2004, 08:18 PM
Hmmmm, Puddpuller before....now Chicken Choker?LMAO! :D :D :D
Bob Seger's a yankee ya know? ;)

Joe (SoCal)
09-20-2004, 08:18 PM
Nope Conrad-ya-was™ your problem is that you got kicked off this forum for being you and now you have to come trolling back. Kinda sad if ya ask me, so don't blame me blame the mirror. ya are what ya are. But if it makes you feel better to blame me that's fine, I'm a big boy I can take it. To me ya just sound angry. Talking politics all the time can do that to ya. Go out for a nice sail, bring your camera take a few photos post them might make you feel a little better. And always have fun this place is suposed to be fun. :D

[ 09-20-2004, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ) ]

Nightmoves
09-20-2004, 08:29 PM
JCSOH, it's just BS. All of it on the misc non boat related forum. You don't like what you read by conservatives so do us all a favor and take some photos of you washing the dog and post 'em on your own thread. H*ll, take some photos of the dog washing you. You said you admired km keeping everything on one thread...of course you then didn't admire it......you flip flop as much as Kerry.

Kev Smyth
09-20-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ):
...I'm a big boy....Naw, you're a big ugly gurl. :D

I'm always having fun here, :D never any anger, (leaving that to you), :rolleyes: got a dozen other names standing by, :D and obviously put no value in your inflated sense of probriety (look it up :rolleyes: ) But if it's all ya got, go with it!!

Hey, did ya see that Kerry only holds a 5 point lead in NY, and even that is fading?! The girly man's "gurl!"

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
09-20-2004, 08:37 PM
<"bloop">

http://www.artuproar.com/uploads/skins/previews/fish1.jpg

[ 09-20-2004, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Know It All ]

Joe (SoCal)
09-20-2004, 08:40 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid64/p8fc6378b3d46dc68cf70cfdb22ba6b60/fc023096.jpg

Nightmoves
09-20-2004, 08:45 PM
JCSOH, I was kidding about the bath. tongue.gif

ljb5
09-20-2004, 08:46 PM
Does this mean we can refer to democrats as "scum bags" without being chastised by the forum police? After all, if it can pass the lips of the first-lady-in-waiting, it must be OK for the general public!You can call us 'scumbags', a la Ms. Kerry-Heinz, if we can run you down with a pick-up truck and kill you, a la Mrs. Laura Bush.

Kev Smyth
09-20-2004, 08:53 PM
Fair enough, SCUM BAG!!! :D :D

OK, your turn- try to hit me! :rolleyes: tongue.gif

Elmer Jenkins
09-20-2004, 09:00 PM
And all I wanted to do was to learn how to build a dugout canoe.

Joe (SoCal)
09-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Elmer Jenkins:
And all I wanted to do was to learn how to build a dugout canoe.Making a canoe is a time-consuming task, one not always undertaken willingly. Thus, it is no surprise that, in the mythology of Amazon peoples, the gods occasionally impose this task as punishment.

*One begins by felling a large cedar, cinnamon, chucho, or ahuano tree which is left on the ground for several months until it is completely dry. The trunk must be straight and flawless, from 5 - 12 meters long, and at least 80 centimeters in diameter. The first task involves cutting the surface of the trunk until a flat "face" is formed; from this surface, the trunk is hollowed with an axe until a cavity 50 centimeters deep is formed. Care must be taken that the walls remain vertical. The horizontal bottom is formed with an adze.

The ends of the canoe must be properly formed so that the prow is shaped like the head of a boa and the stern like the tail of a fish.

Next, the outer part of the trunk is worked, taking care that both the walls are the same so that the balance is assured. When the canoe has been fully shaped, it is transported to the river; there it is burned to make it waterproofed, any remaining flaws are smoothed, and the interior space is widened. This last is accomplished by filling the canoe with dried leaves which are kept in place with small sticks. Then the canoe is placed upside down and a fire is started within. While the wood is still hot, the inside is scraped with an adze, and a number of crosspieces are placed from wall to wall to stretch the canoe. Because the edges can be easily damaged during the burning, they are covered with a protective coat of mud.

Building a canoe is an arduous task which requires several persons. This is why canoes are made in a minga, a system of reciprocal communal labor, which implies that services offered will be returned in a similar project to benefit another community member.

Elmer Jenkins
09-20-2004, 09:07 PM
He didn't write that hisself did he? :D But thanks Mister Cold Spring. smile.gif

[ 09-20-2004, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Elmer Jenkins ]

Kev Smyth
09-20-2004, 09:08 PM
joey, can ya keep all your C+P in one thread? It'll make it easier to find- or not. YA FOLLA?! ;)

Joe (SoCal)
09-20-2004, 09:10 PM
I never said I would ;) tongue.gif Karen did, folla :D

Joe (SoCal)
09-20-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Elmer Jenkins:
He didn't write that hisself did he? :D But thanks Mister Cold Spring. smile.gif Nope :D
http://www.ecuadorexplorer.com/html/body_rainforest_people_canoe.html

But the forum community analogy was not lost on me smile.gif

Kev Smyth
09-20-2004, 09:17 PM
joey- go have a couple a drinks, then come back. You're much more entertaining when drunk. ;)

Peter Malcolm Jardine
09-20-2004, 09:26 PM
http://www.rotten.com/library/culture/bumfights/nue7.jpg

Joe (SoCal)
09-20-2004, 09:37 PM
joey- go have a couple a drinks, then come back. You're much more entertaining when drunk. ;) Man, I'm drunk as a skunk now *hic* ;) How come when I'm sober you all think I'm drunk and now when I'm *hic* trashed you think I'm sober LOL :D :D :D

Funny thing is my birthday party was the last time I may had a few more beers than I should have had since Mrleft's polo match. Most nights on here it's cookies and milk or a glass of wine or a single beer. But you draw your own conclusions you will anyway :D