PDA

View Full Version : 4th infantry

LeeG
04-03-2003, 04:13 PM
They're getting ready in Kuwaitt and moving soon, wires say they'll be up in Baghdad by Tues. whew,I've been getting nervous for the supply line and 3rd,ok,,so call me an anti but I'm the kind of masochist that used to sleep with his ex so shoot me.

LeeG
04-03-2003, 04:20 PM
danger will robinson,,information overload....

WASHINGTON, April 3 (UPI) -- Iran's senior leadership decided last month to send irregular paramilitary units across their border with Iraq to harass American soldiers once Saddam Hussein's regime fell, according to U.S. intelligence reports.

http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=20030403-024040-6730r

WHAT!? here's the funny line: "This confirmed all of our suspicions that the Iranians are not our friends and not for peace in the region. They are in fact for a piece of the region," one U.S. intelligence official told United Press International

High C
04-03-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by LeeG:
danger will robinson,,information overload....

WASHINGTON, April 3 (UPI) -- Iran's senior leadership decided last month to send irregular paramilitary units across their border with Iraq to harass American soldiers once Saddam Hussein's regime fell, according to U.S. intelligence reports.

http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=20030403-024040-6730r

WHAT!? here's the funny line: "This confirmed all of our suspicions that the Iranians are not our friends and not for peace in the region. They are in fact for a piece of the region," one U.S. intelligence official told United Press InternationalThat's terrific news. The more terrorists that come out of hiding and expose themselves on the battlefield the better. They're coming to us, committing suicide, amazing.

LeeG
04-03-2003, 05:37 PM
Well, yes that's wonderful except the kind of suicide Al Queda used was of the 9/11 type. In this setting it would make sense to engage in guerilla warfare with an occupying force or just as likely become a local who can pull the kind of suicide bombing that can take out a regional commander. Remember we're working with terrorism. Maybe it won't be like Belfast. But like the report says,,"they're not our friends after all..",,,how many people live in Iran? How many were willing to die in waves against Iraq? A lot.

High C
04-03-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by LeeG:
Well, yes that's wonderful except the kind of suicide Al Queda used was of the 9/11 type. In this setting it would make sense to engage in guerilla warfare with an occupying force or just as likely become a local who can pull the kind of suicide bombing that can take out a regional commander. Remember we're working with terrorism. Maybe it won't be like Belfast. But like the report says,,"they're not our friends after all..",,,how many people live in Iran? How many were willing to die in waves against Iraq? A lot.Yes, good point, but I still think they'll be dealt with more easily if the flood into Iraq than if they remain in hiding in their various nations. They are indeed a danger, but they are also cowards who normally target defenseless civilians. I suspect they'll find the US and British militaries far more formidable.