PDA

View Full Version : Don't like the polls? Ban them!

ljb5
09-23-2004, 09:27 AM
After Jack Ryan (R-Hyopcrisy) bowed out of the Illinois senate race because of a sex scandal involving his own wife, Alan Keyes (R-Carpetbagger) stepped in to fill his, um, shoes.

Problem is, fewer than half of Republicans support him. Against superstar Barack Obama, Keyes is losing 68 to 32.

It must be terrible for Keyes to have to look at those polling numbers every day. But don't worry -- he's got a solution. He's proposed banning polls!

I would suggest that what would be appropriate is a complete ban on all polling activity and all publication of such polling activity within a certain time frame.I have a feeling this proposal will be about as popular as a Keyes candidacy.

LeeG
09-23-2004, 10:15 AM
only 68 to 32?

brad9798
09-23-2004, 11:08 AM
I like Obama ... watch out for him in 20 years ...

Keyes is kind of like Hillary carpetbagging to NY.

ljb5
09-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by brad9798:
Keyes is kind of like Hillary carpetbagging to NY.Except for two differences...

1. Keyes was highly critical of Hillary and said he didn't approve of carpetbaggers.

2. Hillary got elected.

brad9798
09-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Wrong- there are no differences in intention ... you should be intelligent enough to know that ... but you, I have to give credit, are damned good at spinning.

ljb5
09-23-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by brad9798:
Wrong- there are no differences in intention.Differences in intention? Maybe not.

Difference in outcome? Hillary got elected.

Ian McColgin
09-27-2004, 07:46 AM
Down here, the R's are continuing their nefarious habit of push polling. Local R trying to oust the D push polled with allegedly neutral callers asking how you'd vote if you found out the D supports the wind farm proposal.

He is, by the way, a major proponant of clean energy who says that the EIS needs to be completed before he'll know if the wind farm is a good idea or not.

Anyway. The challenger first denied push polling at all. When his pollsters were exposed, including how they were paid by the campaign, he claimed that the misrepresentation of the incumbant's windfarm position was not in the script. When a tape of the poll was made available, the R retreated from blatant misrepresentations to the general comment that the incumbant should stop whining.

I'd have equal scorn for a D who indulged in dishonest push-polls, who tried to cover up, and who when caught had the temerity to whine that his opponenet was whining. Just I am personally not aware of any D's who have so little respect for the voters that they need to cheat that way.

LeeG
09-27-2004, 07:55 AM
intentions are as good as deeds,,Jimmy Carter had sinned in his dreams. Saddam was intending to do bad things. We don't need no smokin' gun.
Intentions, bring'em on.

High C
09-27-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by LeeG:
...Saddam was intending to do bad things....He just never got around to it, ehh?

Nightmoves
09-27-2004, 08:04 AM
I love the left. Like Communists we can't get rid of 'em all...need a few to remind us why they can't be trusted in power. :D

LeeG
09-27-2004, 08:42 AM
well HighC,,if you were in a position of shooting someone in self-defense how certain do you have to be,,how certain does a court have to be to determing your guilt or innocence or the dead persons guilt or innocence?
Do they have to have a gun,,their hand in their coat, or a black hat?

you'll might consider that GWs war in Iraq is based on intentions too. At some point objective reality will intrude. oops,,too late. Ok,,redirect the rhetoric,,,"the increase in insurgent attacks is proof they are weakining"-Allawi

ljb5
09-27-2004, 09:30 AM
I live in reality.

There's room here for everyone.

High C
09-27-2004, 10:20 AM
They're just misunderstood....

http://what.org/hussein.jpg http://www.bluegrassrave.com/nineties/oj-simpson.jpg

LeeG
09-27-2004, 11:00 AM
HighC...let's go by what GW says and what GW does.

2000-"no nation building"
2004- of $150Billion spent on the war in Iraq $1.5Billion has been spent on nation building.
he does what he says and he says what he does.

There's a level of abstraction that Cheney/GW have been sticking to that's exemplified by your associating OJ with Saddam.

9/11=Al Qeda=Iraq. QED.

High C
09-27-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by LeeG:
HighC...let's go by what GW says...Nahh, let's go by what LeeG says. LeeG Says Hussein
"was intending to do bad things."

That means you don't think he has yet done bad things. I beg to differ. He has done many very bad things.