PDA

View Full Version : Is it me,or is Imagestation a PITA?

Ron Williamson
02-08-2003, 08:15 AM
Finally, I registered so that I could see Norm's Foundry-in-a-Bucket(Therefore,if Imagestation craps out,definitely blame the Messinger).
BTW a great setup,Norm.
Anyway,I got fussstrated and hadda quit trying to send to Oyster's Mother Earth Photo Thread. :mad: :(
R

Bruce Taylor
02-08-2003, 10:24 AM
Yeah, it's an awkward interface. Where did you get stalled?

NormMessinger
02-08-2003, 12:37 PM
ImageStation does seem to be a bit neurotic and sometimes very slow. It is free and allows cross posting with no practical limitation on the size number of images. That outweighs the irritation. Almost alway if one goes away for a little while it will work properly an hour later.

Check out this web site, Ron: http://www.backyardmetalcasting.com/ and scroll down to "Building a metal lathe."

Ron Williamson
02-09-2003, 06:18 PM
Actually,I got kind of lost.I was trying to figure out how to upload(?),and from where,to where and how to create albums,all at once,while trying to pack for an impromptu trip north.Time wasn't on my side and I was a bit edgy(!)after a bunch of hi-test caffeine infusions.If it doesn't look,feel and smell like wood,metal or petroleum products,it will give me trouble.
BTW,the trip was great, after the white-knuckle drive through "ground-drifting and lake effect snow-squalls".
I'll try again ...sometime!
Hey Norm,
Holy Motherlode o' metal!!! :cool:
R

Paul Scheuer
02-09-2003, 06:44 PM
Ron: For the first few times try to upload only a few small <50K images. Imagestation doesn't seem to let you know when it's processing. It does take a while to load large or a lot of pics.
The rest is explaind, if not intuitive. Good luck, looking forward to lots of pics.