Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imported_Conrad
    • Jul 2001

Ted Kennedy Spouts Off

Heres a couple of quotes from a recent interview he had with Time magazine....... its hard to argue with the man, especially about "Arnold"!

Have you seen the summer movie starring another Kennedy family member— Terminator 3? "I haven't seen Arnold's latest. He's a brilliant actor, but what makes Republicans think he could do well in politics? Of course, it's hard to argue with Arnold when you're hanging upside down by the ankles."

Have you decided to run for re-election in '06? "I have every intention of running. I plan to keep this job until I get the hang of it."
  • JimD
    Senior Mumbler
    • Feb 2002

I wonder about Arnie in politics, too. He's used to being adored by his fans, not raked over the daily coals.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Comment

• meerkat
      Senior Member #4667
      • Feb 2002

If Arnold is a brilliant actor, JayLo is a chaste virgin.
      If you don't think for yourself, someone else will do it for you!

Comment

• Mrleft8
        Banned
        • Feb 2000

Arnold IS a brilliant actor! Look at his bank acct. compared with the bank acct.s of millions of much more talented actors!

Comment

• JimD
          Senior Mumbler
          • Feb 2002

To be or not to be
          I'll be back
          There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Comment

• Ian McColgin
            • Apr 1999

Imagine the debates if it's Arnold v. Arianna !

New ESL courses needed.

Oh yeah. It's reported that when Maria was planning to wed and was introducing him to the family she said, "Uncle Ted, don't think of him as a republican. Think of him as a large man who can crush you."

Actually, when I first saw him around Hyannis Port, I was struck by the fact that he's not tall or big.

[ 07-29-2003, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Ian McColgin ]

Comment

Working...