PDA

View Full Version : Those hard liquor gift sets...

BrianW
12-04-2004, 12:43 AM
...are one of my favorite things about this time of year! I sacrificed the usual Crown Royal purple felt bag for two 'free' Crown Royal glasses instead. Oh, and I hear they make nice gifts too... :D

yorgie
12-04-2004, 02:13 AM
I like it when the rye distillers give "Proud Canadian" stickers with their products.It makes me laugh when I see a hoser sporting one on his aging sedan.I think the cops use them as I.D markers when they do road checks. :D

I think I'll have a C.C classic and toast all my fellow westcoasters as they're doing one last surf before bed.Cheers,Chris.

imported_Daniel
12-04-2004, 08:55 AM
I like it when the rye distillers give "Proud Canadian" stickers with their products.It makes me laugh when I see a hoser sporting one on his aging sedan.I think the cops use them as I.D markers when they do road checks. LOL!!! This is SO true, I too laugh when I see that sticker on a car window or bumper, and then I get the he** out of the way! :D :D

TGP
12-04-2004, 10:01 AM
It doesn't make any difference what kind of pretty package they put that stuff in.....it's ALL poisen to me.

not meaning to rain on yer parade or nothin.

yorgie
12-04-2004, 12:21 PM
Daniel,glad to hear someone else has made the same observation.Though we be 4000 km apart the aging greasers drive home from the beer parlours the same way.And if you've ever watched 'Goin' Down the Road' you'll know that they're the same cross country. ;)

captain's gig
12-04-2004, 04:37 PM
http://www.canadianencyclopedia.ca/media/GOIN.JPG

yorgie
12-04-2004, 05:38 PM
Those look like two Proud Canadians!

BrianW
12-04-2004, 05:45 PM
They seem a bit 'chummy' to me. Are they gay? smile.gif Oh, maybe they just exchanged gift sets! :D

Bruce G
12-04-2004, 06:18 PM
Was given a Jack Daniels gift set last week- Those high ball glasses are nice; however, the libations in the bottle are better :D

Now when they get the Johny Walker Blue Label down to my price then I will buy THREE!!!

http://images.send.com/100128_small.jpg

I like Scotch more than I do a bourban, but you never look a gift horse in the mouth!!! ;)

yorgie
12-04-2004, 06:54 PM
Hey Bruce if you have any full proof 'Wild Turkey' or 'Maker's Mark' that you're not using I'd be glad to give them a good home.

A little side story;I have a friend who's uncle-inlaw is a govt minister for a certain corrupt regime that will remain unnamed.His uncle receives lots of presents to help grease the wheels and was giving my friend as much top of the line brandy as he good drink.Uncle also had a cupboard full of 'Johnny Blue' but he never drank it and my friend never had the nerve to ask what it tasted like! :D He's still never had any and doesn't expect to anytime soon. :(

[ 12-04-2004, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: yorgie ]