PDA

View Full Version : penetrating solvents

kulas44
08-19-2004, 08:41 AM
I'm about to hose the inside of my boat with wood preservative, does any one have a particular preference for one poison or another. Also, I have used dmso as a carrier for penetrating fluids in the oilfield years ago and i can tell you, if you mix it with transmission fluid then pour it on the prop nuts of the titanic you can unscrew them by hand, it penetrates! It's available at animal supply stores here and fairley cheap. It's a wood byproduct, so i was wondering if it could be used as a carrier for the preservative. I know it's dangerous stuff, not of itself, but it's to carry toxic agents. And, if you get it on your skin you can taste it. It really penetrates.

RonW
08-19-2004, 09:26 AM
From all my research on this subject, at this time I am under the belief that the best product for this is the green- in color- CUPRINOL , jamestown distributors has it.

Ken Hutchins
08-19-2004, 09:55 AM
Yup, Cuprinol, but go to your Sherwin Williams store for it, save shipping and oh, by the way, you will find the price lower also. Sherwin Williams merged with Cuprinol a few years ago.

[ 08-19-2004, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: Ken Hutchins ]