PDA

View Full Version : School administrator

cs
12-19-2002, 01:04 PM
Saw this little story posted elswhere and thought I would post it here.

Talk about these schools,
The public school here has both a wood and a automotive shop. Of which the instructers are not allowed to use some of the equipment to teach the students. Students are not allowed to use tablesaw, lathe, planer, Metal lathe and mill, sandblaster, welder, and boring machine for engine blocks.
What the he!! are they in the freaking class for if they aren't going tolearn how to use the equipment????? Another thing,
There is this one administrator that a couple months ago told my son, he couldn't walk to work from school campus. I wrote my son a permission slip to walk from school, with a little griping he let him do it. Then he told my son that if he was going to walk from school, that he couldn't return to campus to ride the bus home. Now he doesn't work every day, and has been required to sign out for DCT (Work) at 12pm to get his grade every day and leave campus. SO we got him a bike. He rides it to school and back. The admin told him that he was not allowed to ride his bike to school. SO i wrote another note for my son stating that I gave him permission to walk, ride his bike, fly his broom, crawl on hands and knees if needed to get too and from school since the administration in its infinite wisdom has determined that harrasing my son was in my sons best interest. The administrator told my son that he was the only kid there that rode his bike and it wasn't fair that he got to and other didn't. I told eli to tell him i said that if he wanted to take that stand, that I was going to go to the school board and make a complaint that my son doesn't have a car to drive to school and that if he doesn't have one then it isn't fair that the students that have cars drive to school.
You know its really sad when our administrators of our educational system don't have enough common sense to even say SH!T when their mouth is full of it.

I want vouch for the authincity of this just thought it was interesting.

Chad

NormMessinger
12-19-2002, 01:10 PM
Rules are a refuge for a small mind.

But, I wonder if parents have not beat up on teachers and administrators so much that they have created the weenies they now complain about.

--Norm

Wayne Jeffers
12-19-2002, 01:11 PM
Probably just following rules imposed by the school's insurance company. :rolleyes:

Wayne

Chadd Hamilton
12-19-2002, 02:07 PM
Right on Target, Wayne. I can see it now: The school openly encourages students to ride their bikes to school(hey, many could use the exercise). So some kid wipes out and loses some skin on his pinky finger. HUGE LAWSUIT ensues arguing that the school is responsible, because they didn't give each child with a bike a 15 hour class on bicycle safety. Jesus, I'm nauseated... must...go...home...

[ 12-19-2002, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Chadd Hamilton ]

Peter Malcolm Jardine
12-19-2002, 02:13 PM
I never let my schooling interfere with my education.
- Mark Twain

Alan D. Hyde
12-19-2002, 02:19 PM
First God made idiots.

This was for practice.

Then he made school boards...

Mark Twain (Samuel L. Clemens)

:D

Alan