Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Starboard
    • Jun 2004

Mrs. Clinton's true colors

I know this is several weeks old, but we need to remember it during this week's convention.

"Many of you are well enough off that ... the tax cuts may have helped you," Sen. Clinton said. "We're saying that for America to get back on track, we're probably going to cut that short and not give it to you. We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."

Ronald Reagan helped defeat communism in Russia, but now it seems to be alive and well and living in the Democratic Party. Mrs. Clinton's true colors - obviously red.
  • Chris Coose
    • Sep 2001

Just before walking into the voting booth I shall offer my vote up to the God of us Communists to negate your vote specifically. It will be my pleasure to offer up my sacrifice to Him.
    Study Peace

Comment

• huisjen
      innocent widdle bunny
      • Jun 2001

Wassamatter Starboard? Don't you believe in roads and schools on your planet?

Dan
      Master of The Ensign's Gig: a 7 1/2 foot flat bottom plywood skiff,
      and Prudence: Lightning #7896.

Think Good Thoughts.
      Thoughts become words.
      Words become actions.
      Actions become habits.
      Habits become character.
      Character becomes destiny.

Comment

• km gresham
        • Mar 2003

I love how a liberal's idea of "fair" always involves taking away from someone. Not themselves, mind you! Someone else. Me, you anybody not "poor" enough to be a benefactor of their largesse, but not as wealthy as they are so that we can manage a 15% effective tax rate as the filthy rich Heinz-Kerry's seem to have accomplished.
        Karen

Comment

• Keith Wilson
          Trying to be reasonable
          • Oct 1999

What a spectacularly silly contention. ALL TAXES, every single one of them, take something away from somebody for what is supposedly the common good. One may reasonably argue that taxes should be higher or lower, that these particular tax cuts are good or bad, and should be continued or not, but equating increasing taxes slightly on the wealthiest people with "communism" is completlely absurd.
          "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
          for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Comment

• Chris Coose
            • Sep 2001

Hey you warriors, How do you justify a tax cut and a war at the same time? No civilization in the history of mankind has had one.

Patriotism would suggest that you'd be first in line to cough up the extra dough needed to wage war.

Any comments on us borrowing money every day from third world nations to run the government?

Or do we just not ask those questions? They are not relative? I see no solutions to these questions coming from the repugs. The Dems are going to crush you with solutions because you don't believe it to be a problem.
            Study Peace

Comment

• stan v
              • Jul 2001

They're not relative.....the questions or dims.

Comment

• Chris Coose
                • Sep 2001

Please believe that with all you've got.
                We will bury you!!!!!!!
                Study Peace

Comment

• Keith Wilson
                  Trying to be reasonable
                  • Oct 1999

And not only are the conservatives going to have nightmares about Hillary Clinton becoming president, after November, you'll have to worry about Teresa Kerry! Very bright, highly opinionated, speaks five languages fluently, has a pile of money, seriously liberal . . . BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just to reassure you, she can't become president, though; born in Mozambique.

Hey, will somebody tell me why marrying into a fortune is any less honorable than inheriting one?
                  "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
                  for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Comment

• Victor
                    • Apr 2004

At last, a politician who tells the fat cats to their faces they didn't deserve those cuts in the first place.

Comment

• Mrleft8
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2000

And CEO pay increased 15% last year... Funny, it seems I heard just recently that the average worker's salary increased something like 2% last year, but when adjusted for the cost of living increase, there was actually a 3% loss in wages.... Those damned commies are at it again!

Comment

• glowell222
                        • Apr 2002

You have some sources for those numbers?
                        Berryville, VA: A quaint little drinking community with a farming problem.

Comment

• stan v
                          • Jul 2001

Originally posted by Mrleft8:
                          And CEO pay increased 15% last year... Funny, it seems I heard just recently that the average worker's salary increased something like 2% last year,
                          That's about correct...the difference in being a CEO and being an average worker.

I think some on this board would appreciate any income... (added to point out...especially Communists)

[ 07-28-2004, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: stan v ]

Comment

• Memphis Mike
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2001

Originally posted by stan v:
                            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mrleft8:
                            And CEO pay increased 15% last year... Funny, it seems I heard just recently that the average worker's salary increased something like 2% last year,
                            That's about correct...the difference in being a CEO and being an average worker.

I think some on this board would appreciate any income... (added to point out...especially Communists)
                            </font>[/QUOTE]Why don't you disclose your salary to us Peckerhead. While you're at it, tell us just what exactly it is that you do for a living? As far as I can tell you haven't the intellegence of a Used Car Salesman. Maybe a Shoe Salesman? Condoms? What?

Comment

• alteran
                              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Memphis Mike:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stan v:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mrleft8:

</font>[/QUOTE]Why don't you disclose your salary to us Peckerhead. While you're at it, tell us just what exactly it is that you do for a living? As far as I can tell you haven't the intellegence of a Used Car Salesman. Maybe a Shoe Salesman? Condoms? What?
                              </font>[/QUOTE]Really on an insult roll today huh Mike?

Care to go over to the other thread and explain the misquote and ridiculus insults you made to me earlier this afternoon?

Comment

Working...