PDA

View Full Version : Was Kennedy the last

km gresham
11-04-2004, 03:29 PM
Democrat President from the NE? I think along with rethinking their policies they might rethink the map when they nominate their next guy (gal). Is hillary Southern or is she now a NE liberal? Or will she get to claim both? ;) smile.gif

uncas
11-04-2004, 03:36 PM
Km...If she makes it through 06...she would be running as a NE Liberal...
She is an Ill. gal so there is that tie...Arkansas is there as well but unless her handlers think that she should be a candidate from the south...note the history of recent elections, she may decide to be a candidate from Arkansas...She will do whatever it takes.
Ohio has had the most presidents elected from that state...BUT so many who have been elected were not actually from the state they represented when they were elected....Wilson VA. as an example but as he was gov. of NJ, when he ran, he is one president from NJ. Coolidge..MA not VT.
You get the idea.
jamj

Peter Kalshoven
11-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Unless she is willing to give up her Senate seat to run, she will be a Liberal Senator from the NE. And Lord knows that works every time.

Definition of Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

uncas
11-04-2004, 04:37 PM
Km!
MA does not have much going for it..It has officially had only three presidents from that state..two being my ancestors!. Again, I say officially. Cal was from there having been gov. etc but he represented VT when he became president..or vice preisdent in his case.
jamj