PDA

View Full Version : Update on Etain, with lots of photos!

The Schooner Etain
04-28-2002, 06:56 PM
Well, I managed to get all the last of the concrete out from Etain this weekend. I also had a plesant surprise. A large area under the main cabin, that I had thought was tarred and filled with concrete, was instead filled with ALOT of lead blocks and then tarred. So it looks like I'll be leaving them in place.

Oh, and Lucas saw the pictures of Finbar and insisted that he was just as capable of doing boat work. I didn't believe him, but I knew I would hurt his pride if i didn't let him at least try, and he surprised me!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/p559b0a8e86de0fe530b9b5b1e53358c6/fdc68505.jpg

I didn't think he had it in him, but he's one hell of a concrete remover! Just look at him throwing his shoulder into it!

Anyway, I have lots of questions coming up, I'll get back to you all on them. To see all the pictures I took lately, check out the imagestation site and search under Etain.

Chris

skuthorp
04-28-2002, 11:41 PM
Lovely, but I'm glad I'm not doing it! Say g'day to lucas, Anne and I are two-time Newfie owners, there's no dog like them.

wolfietuk
04-29-2002, 04:45 AM
We need more pics. What is the link to your site? I need to bookmark it.

Rick

Dave Fleming
04-29-2002, 10:03 AM
wolf, just go to www.imagestation.com (http://www.imagestation.com) and in the upper right hand corner on the home page is a SEARCH window, enter the name of Chris's vessel ETAIN and lo and behold all will be made clear.
Chris might be a good Idea if you put the direct URL in your profile.

Alan D. Hyde
04-29-2002, 10:30 AM
Looks good, Chris.

Read Bud McIntosh's book ("How to Build a Wooden Boat," available from WB) if you haven't already.

I think you'll like the guy...

Alan

[ 04-29-2002, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Alan D. Hyde ]

Wild Dingo
04-29-2002, 10:43 AM
Well done Chris Missus Chris and the smudge!!! Brilliant! :cool:

Now whats the problem with the masts?? :eek:

Take it easy
Shane

Lucas indeed!!! smudge sounds so much more Newfy!! :D

Ed Harrow
04-29-2002, 11:31 AM
This place is going to the dogs smile.gif

Handsome dog you got there. Reminds me of good old Beau, dog of dogs. He maxed out at about 135 pounds and had a hard time deciding if he'd rather be swiming or carrying a 2x10... How big is Lucas?

The Schooner Etain
04-29-2002, 09:26 PM
Well Ed, Lucas plays around in the 120 to 130 lb range. He's actually small for the breed, but Skuthrop is right. There's no dog like a Newfi dog. Of coarse, I think ever dog owner thinks his dog is from the best breed possible. They're kinda like kids that way. smile.gif

I'll be posting sperately about the masts Dingo.

Sorry i didn't put the direct url up for my photos guys, I was quite tired and shagged out after a hard day at the boat and was in a rush to get some shut eye. Here's the url for everyone that wants to take a look the easy way.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/index.html?id=4291990285

Chris

Roger Stouff
04-29-2002, 10:10 PM
Great boat, great album. Keep at it, you've already got a lot to be proud of!

Dave Fleming
04-30-2002, 11:06 AM
Yup Chris our Newfies if male were in the 130 to 150 lb range whilst the last female came in at about 125. I tried to keep them lean to help with the heart problems but unfortunately it always didn't work.
That is one of the two big faults of the breed, heart and hips.
Bit rough to loose a companion after only 11 years or so.
Big Gulp here.....

[ 04-30-2002, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Dave Fleming ]