PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity knocks

Michael
09-14-2000, 03:45 PM
Love sailing? Love the Caribbean? Can you move there?

I have found a day yacht charter business for sale in the Southern Caribbean, 5 years old, income $300k last year. Angel investor wants to move on to other opportunities. Good growth potential as the area is discovered by American and European tourists. I need an equity partner to move down there and run it. I would do it myself but I have a child who lives with her Mom (my exwife). I provide half the down payment, arrange financing of purchase, perform U.S. marketing and provide financial management expertise (I am a CPA). Email if interested.

Michael

PatCassidy
09-14-2000, 06:58 PM
Sounds like this opportunity should be knocking in the magazine's advertising section!

Ian McColgin
09-15-2000, 08:56 AM
Right Pat. It being here in defiance of the ground of this forum and all good taste is a prima facie reason to avoid the whole deal.

ishmael
09-15-2000, 09:24 AM
Boy, is this a polite place or what? This is as close to a toasting it ever gets. Great Stuff!

Ed Harrow
09-15-2000, 09:27 AM
Oh, Ishmael, you should have been here for the China Diesel thread. Actually there were two at the same time, only one turned into a flamer, but it was a good one and worth a search http://media4.hypernet.com/~dick/ubb/biggrin.gif

Michael
09-15-2000, 09:36 AM
Yeah, well flog me with a wet noodle.

ishmael
09-15-2000, 10:46 AM
Oooh Michael, love it when you talk dirty. http://media4.hypernet.com/~dick/ubb/wink.gif

Gee, missed a flamer did I Ed. Maybe I'll look it up. I really don't like searchin' the threads, but it might be worth it to see some of these fine folks actually venting their spleen.

Michael, I didn't find your post so bad, but do understand the desire to fight the thin edge of the commercial wedge. Strictly speaking, it was agin' the rules. I suspect you didn't see your "offer" in that lite. Best all, Ishmael

Michael
09-15-2000, 10:57 AM
Nope. I love sailing, and I love being self employed. Looking for more birds of the same feather. Not trying to sell anything (unless I buy the business), I am looking for a partner. Figured I might find one here. If I owe some advertising $s, send me a bill.

ishmael
09-15-2000, 11:16 AM
Ya know, I wonder if your post was against the letter of the law. Like you say, you're not selling anything, but looking for help/partnership. I'll have to let my lawyer review the paper work and get back to ya. http://media4.hypernet.com/~dick/ubb/wink.gif

Michael
09-15-2000, 11:35 AM
Just what I need...MORE lawyers in my life! hahahahahaha

rickprose
09-15-2000, 09:21 PM
Forget the china diesel thread, jack, check out what happened to poor maureen and senor cleek... i mean, it's not as flame-y, but the soap opera aspect of the whole thing is very exciting.

casem
09-17-2000, 10:38 AM
Tried to find China Diesel thread but it didn't turn up. Found several threads referencing it, though. Did someone delete it?

thechemist
09-17-2000, 12:06 PM
What you gotta do sometimes is search for a few key words in the entire body of the text. Doing that brings up Saab or China Diesel, 11-13-99 and Hardy Marine Diesels 11-15-99.

Where's Maureen? does rival and perhaps exceed them, but in its own sweet way. Ishmael, check it out if you think this place is always polite.

I did see a thread disappear....two, actually.....a troll started off on the wrong foot, someone asked whether a marshmallow alert should be called, the troll started a new thread, asking what that was, it was explained to him, and the troll took down both his threads. Quickly.

casem
09-17-2000, 12:32 PM
Thanks. I also can't find that sheet to tiller steering thread. Remember that guy? I wouldn't be at all suprised if he deleted that one.

(actually, the search feature finds it but then it can't open up the page)

Phil Young
09-17-2000, 11:43 PM
I must admit I was a little intemperate on the Sheet to Tiller thread, but then the guy was dealing with plastic boats, as no doubt is Michael. If Michael's marketing skills are not sufficiently keen to see that a commercial thread about plastic boats is going to be less than productive in this place, good luck to him and his partner, may their pockets be deep and their bankers generous. And I agree, it is nice that we are so gentle with these idiots. Good Kharma.

Michael
09-18-2000, 09:51 AM
Actually, Phil my new partner (from this forum) and I have a tentative agreement to purchase the business. Yup, plastic boat. And we are getting it for a song.

Please tell us about your marketing skills.

Garrett Lowell
03-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Any word on the business? Booming?