PDA

View Full Version : Legal Help

Meerkat
01-18-2006, 04:13 AM
This "glorious" boarding house says that it's "food" (digusting, toxic slop) is mandatory for $258/mo. I can't eat it: it makes me physically ill. I can either pay them for their slop or use the money to feed myself, which I have been doing since the first of the month.

I moved in here with the assurance that the food provided was good and nourishing, etc. It's not at all. Now, I'm stuck. I can't afford to move and I can't take the stress either.

I did get a letter from one of my doc's and hope to get more saying that I needed to manage my own diet. I don't know if it's going to have any effect. I just turned it in to the management.

While this place is not the Ritz, or even close, it's better than being on the street, the thought of which scares the crap out of me. I think it would kill me quick.

I have no money to speak of and I need legal help badly. Any ideas?

Victor
01-18-2006, 06:23 AM
Pretty good deal even with the bad food. Are you getting disability? If not, you should qualify.

[ 01-18-2006, 06:23 AM: Message edited by: Victor ]

Dolly Varden
01-18-2006, 09:20 AM
va

Dutch

[ 01-18-2006, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Dolly Varden ]

Ian McColgin
01-18-2006, 10:38 AM
The boarding house's not permitting you to opt out of their food may constitute unlawful discrimination against you on the basis of your disability.

An ADA action coupled with whatever state anti-discrimination laws you have is the most likely way to open up the boarding contract.

G'luck

ssor
01-18-2006, 11:20 AM
Look for a legal aid society in your area. Call any of the law schools and see if they would take it as a project. also the local housing authority may have jurisdiction and the health department should get involved. Are you permitted guests at table during meal times. A social worker could be an excellant witness for the quality of the food.

Hwyl
01-18-2006, 02:12 PM
Is the 285 a month rent and food, or is the food an additional 285 a month?

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
01-18-2006, 02:45 PM
(digusting, toxic slop) is what they serve at the hospital. tongue.gif
It's good for ya Meer. ;)
Low salt, low cholesterol, low fat and low taste. :D
The worst part is they have SWMBO convinced I need to eat this stuff at home. :eek:

Meerkat
01-18-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Hwyl:
Is the 285 a month rent and food, or is the food an additional 285 a month?$258/mo for food is in addition to the $530 for rent and housekeeping.

Meerkat
01-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Know It All:
(digusting, toxic slop) is what they serve at the hospital. tongue.gif
It's good for ya Meer. ;)
Low salt, low cholesterol, low fat and low taste. :D
The worst part is they have SWMBO convinced I need to eat this stuff at home. :eek: There are a lot of salt-free seasonings like lemon pepper, etc. that can embelish your diet without adding salt. Check out the "Old Spice House" = they have a lot of varieties. Even the local market should have products like "Mrs. Dash".

bukuboy
01-18-2006, 07:51 PM
Why not rob a bank and purposely get thrown in the slammer.Get everything free and you'll end up less obese. Then whine to other convicts; I'm sure they'll spare ya a couple a quarters and maybe a new computer if ya play your cards right. ---Bukuboy

ssor
01-18-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by bukuboy:
Why not rob a bank and purposely get thrown in the slammer.Get everything free and you'll end up less obese. Then whine to other convicts; I'm sure they'll spare ya a couple a quarters and maybe a new computer if ya play your cards right. ---BukuboyYer still doin it !! :mad: Give it a rest already! :rolleyes:

Victor
01-19-2006, 08:33 AM
I wonder if you've explored all your options. Do they have Section 8 vouchers (housing subsidies) in your area? Disability? Welfare? There may be all sorts of assistance programs for someone in your position. After all, you have a legitimate disability, wich is more than a lot of people on public assistance can claim. I know a guy who's on full disability for life. Know what his condition is? Every time he tries to take a new job he starts drinking!

[ 01-19-2006, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Victor ]