PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the southern shore of Okachobee

Phillip Allen
01-07-2006, 04:03 PM
After scanning the topics I've found nothing to get into...common guys and gals.

I came into town here to check into an affordable motel and found the price up by about 35% from two weeks ago...guess I'll be camping in the truck for the next few weekends. I read Joe's rant about living on comission and can sympathise a little...I've got to catch up enough to see the light at the end of the tunnel and hope it's not yet another train before I'll feel rich enough to actually look for a place to stay...in the meantime I'm thinking of adding another room to my frame and tarpoulin estate...

so far this doesn't feel like it is a real move...not like it did when I moved to Albuquerque back in '87. The money's good and the weather is cooperating but I ain't fallin in love with this place like I did in the Rocky Mountains...maybe it's too soon to "feel" right

Meerkat
01-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Wait until summer. I predict you'll want to move on, especially if you're not in an air-conditioned living space (and the utilities will equal or exceed the rent!).

Peter Malcolm Jardine
01-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Transition is a weird place. I've moved entirely too many times in my life. I like staying put now, but I had to build something for myself to make that happen. Sounds like a journey you're on Philip... good luck with it. You'll know when it's right.

Phillip Allen
01-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Thanks...I'm off to do laundry...(prolly clog the drains)

Meerkat
01-07-2006, 04:31 PM
the only viable solution for wanderlust is a live-aboard sailboat! smile.gif

Joe (SoCal)
01-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Phillip Allen:
After scanning the topics I've found nothing to get into...common guys and gals.
Gun - bullets - Bore- Caliber - Primer -Breech - Load

There ya go Phillip those subjects should keep you amused for hours :rolleyes: :D

Good luck in your new location. Hey at least it's warm enough to go sailing ;)

[ 01-07-2006, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ) ]

Phillip Allen
01-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson ):
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Phillip Allen:
Gun - bullets - Bore- Caliber - Primer -Breech - Load

There ya go Phillip those subjects should keep you amused for hours :rolleyes: :D

Good luck in your new location. Hey at least it's warm enough to go sailing ;) </font>[/QUOTE]I haven't been able to link up with any sailors yet...couple more checks (and deal with the traffic ticket)

Hwyl
01-09-2006, 05:10 PM
Have you moved North. I thought you were in Miami , now you say you are on the South shore of Okechobee (never thought Miami was a good idea)

Phillip Allen
01-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Hwyl:
Have you moved North. I thought you were in Miami , now you say you are on the South shore of Okechobee (never thought Miami was a good idea)I drive the 70 miles to get away from the city for week ends...(I get to hear birds)