PDA

View Full Version : Just can't get used to the stove

cs
01-27-2006, 07:10 AM
For some reason I can buy into the stove we have at our office. I felt it was put in deceptivly, and I kinda refuse to use it.

The ladies here in the office are always baking cookies. Some days everyone brings in food and it is cooked on the new oven.

But for some reason I don't feel like ever participating. I know it sounds childish and standoffish, and I'm sorry, but that is the way I feel.

Chad

uncas
01-27-2006, 07:15 AM
Chad...it can't be any harder than changing a light bulb. :D

Victor
01-27-2006, 07:20 AM
Sounds like a dominance issue to me. Most such things are.

cs
01-27-2006, 07:30 AM
And just how is that so?

The way the stove was put in was one boss was played off of the other boss and neither one really wanted it in. It was a waste of money and now they use it to bake cookies so they can justify (or blackmail the boss) the existance of the stove.

I feel that the stove is ill gotten gains and so I don't participate. Also the folks that worked at getting the stove in are the ones that half ass do their job and they are the one with the dominance issue, always walking around throwing their weight around and be bossy.

Chad

uncas
01-27-2006, 07:33 AM
Chad...I have followed your threads regarding work for a long time...well a year at least...
I just have one question....Is there anything you like about your job?
No job is perfect...I know...but the % of negative posts makes me wonder...
I am not harping on you at all...I am just curious.

Victor
01-27-2006, 07:38 AM
You just answered your own question. If you use it you're acknowledging the authority of the (*&^%$ who put it in. Maybe that's why he/she wanted it in the first place.

cs
01-27-2006, 07:38 AM
Actually I love my job and I love the company I work for. I come into work at about 6:40 every morning and leave at about 5:00 every evening. The boss (both of them are great). The work is great. The pay is okay, but the benifits are fantastic. We are a small company growing every day and I'm moving up. They look to me for a lot of things and I strive under the stress.

I've worked in sweat shops before so I've seen the other side and that makes me appreciate what I have more.

I only have issues with 2 people here. These 2 seem to get away with way more than I would allow if I was in charge, and that bothers me. I hate to see anyone take advantage of the good nature of the others.

Chad

Thanks for the clarification Victor. For a minute I thought you were saying I was the one with the problem and maybe I am and that is why I took it so.

[ 01-27-2006, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: cs ]

uncas
01-27-2006, 07:42 AM
That's good to know....and glad that you took my question in the context it was written...not a harp...
And...there are always going to be people..one or two or three...in the workplace that just take up space....and do little else...That's life.

Donn
01-27-2006, 07:50 AM
Come in an hour early and remove the stove. There's no place in a business office for cookie baking, unless you're Mrs. Fields.

Hughman
01-27-2006, 07:57 AM
ROFL!!

That would surely light the fuse! :D

uncas
01-27-2006, 08:32 AM
Heck...why go to so much effort...just unplug it...It'll take a week for the guys who don't do anything to figure it out.

[ 01-27-2006, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: uncas ]

Victor
01-27-2006, 08:35 AM
Or put a real small fuse in the panel, and tell everyone these jerks are creating an unsafe situation! smile.gif

Gary E
01-27-2006, 09:08 AM
or....

On the day they are baking brownies...

unless your Co is a bakery, dump in some of the "special " ingredient...that so many of them would otherwise be smoking

[ 01-27-2006, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Gary E ]

Alan D. Hyde
01-27-2006, 10:38 AM
I'd bring in all the ingredients, with the hamburger already browned and everything in the pot, and simmer an extra big batch of chili.

If you come in at seven and eat at one, it'll cook plenty long, and the office will smell great all morning...

And, you'll have an excellent lunch--- and you might bring in some dough and bake some garlic bread to go with it...

Alan

Wild Dingo
01-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Actually Gary thats a bloody good idea! I mean in the field Chad works in its rather boring and same same crap day in day out that they churn out you know archeture is like that... so a couple of fine hash coockies wouldnt go astray would actually get the mind juices functioning and heck creativity would blossom!! AND the colors would be fanbloodytastic! I can imagine some really over the top designs occuring all in nice nipple pink and canary yellows!!

Yes I concur with Gary Chad get ye to yer local drugy and by some good hash then get the buggars to start cookie cookin an while there mixin drop in a big dollop!

"Yeah man like wow that window should be polkadotted man yeah yellow man wow now that looks sooo cool dude wow yer know yer got gorgeous blue eyes but hey lookit those flowers on Jens dress wow!!!" "What are we doin boss? why were just havin some cookies yer want one? man this place sure needs some color doesnt it boss how about we spruce young Chads corner up like paint a mural on his wall man hes into boats eh lets do a great big mural of some boats sailin over the horizon yeah thats it make him jealous!! hahahahahahahahahahaha oooh geeez Im hungry lets make some more cookies!!" :D

Yep thats it!!!

Wild Dingo
01-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Actually Gary thats a bloody good idea! I mean in the field Chad works in its rather boring and same same crap day in day out that they churn out you know archeture is like that... so a couple of fine hash coockies wouldnt go astray would actually get the mind juices functioning and heck creativity would blossom!! AND the colors would be fanbloodytastic! I can imagine some really over the top designs occuring all in nice nipple pink and canary yellows!!

Yes I concur with Gary Chad get ye to yer local drugy and by some good hash then get the buggars to start cookie cookin an while there mixin drop in a big dollop!

"Yeah man like wow that window should be polkadotted man yeah yellow man wow now that looks sooo cool dude wow yer know yer got gorgeous blue eyes but hey lookit those flowers on Jens dress wow!!!" "What are we doin boss? why were just havin some cookies yer want one? man this place sure needs some color doesnt it boss how about we spruce young Chads corner up like paint a mural on his wall man hes into boats eh lets do a great big mural of some boats sailin over the horizon yeah thats it make him jealous!! hahahahahahahahahahaha oooh geeez Im hungry lets make some more cookies!!" :D

Yep thats it!!! Personally I reckon that stove would be outta there within the hour ;)