PDA

View Full Version : Any Adobe experts out there?

Tar Devil
01-25-2006, 12:44 PM
If so, I'll post my question, otherwise I'll let this zoom off the page without wasting my fingers!

Later,

Phil

Bruce Hooke
01-25-2006, 12:50 PM
I use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator a good bit, and Acrobat Professional a certain amount too...

P.S. I'm going to be off line for a couple of hours now, but I'll look in when I get back on line...

[ 01-25-2006, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Bruce Hooke ]

cedar savage
01-25-2006, 12:54 PM
Expert in the company's potential, return on investment, it's products, people, what? Be just a little more specific here.

Alan D. Hyde
01-25-2006, 12:55 PM
Are we talking about adobe HOUSES or Adobe Software (TM)??? :D

Alan

Tar Devil
01-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Kewl, Bruce. Here's my problem.

I have an Excel spreadsheet with 6 tabs. I need to publish the spreadsheet to pdf files, and I'm trying to marry 2 tabs to each other in one pdf file... pg1 and pg2.

I activated tab 1 and tab 3, checked print preview and everything looked fine. Printed to pdf and worked fine... one file with two pages.

Problem is, with every other tab Adobe (or Excel, I can't tell) publishes the first tab then asks for a second file name for the other tab. All parameters are identical except for some slight differences in margins. I simply cannot figure out why the other tabs behave differently than the first.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

George Roberts
01-25-2006, 01:31 PM
We use Adobe Acrobat for our file system. Most of the work I do is scanning rather than prining but ...

I believe you give the desired file name and select APPEND.

Tar Devil
01-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by George Roberts:
I believe you give the desired file name and select APPEND.I'll try that George, but still doesn't explain why it worked for me with the first and 3rd tab but none of the others.

Thanks,

Phil

Bruce Hooke
01-25-2006, 02:50 PM
That's something I've never tried to do so I'm afraid I can't help you. The only workaround I can think of is to insert the Excel sheets into something else, like a Word document, that includes built-in pagination...