PDA

View Full Version : Politics at work

Katherine
05-24-2019, 02:46 PM
I had to be in a different part of the complex today to use a plotter since the one that belongs to my department is malfunctioning. I'm sitting at an empty desk while this plotter completes my print outs. Directly across the isle there is a cubicle that seems to be a salute to MAGA and all things right wing. The resident of said cubicle has left for the weekend, fortunately. I normally regard work as not the place to discuss politics. I feel myself being physically uncomfortable being near such a display of ignorance. It just feels like an evil presence hovering nearby.

Norman Bernstein
05-24-2019, 02:52 PM
I do agree that the workplace is a terrible place to discuss politics... unless, of course, everyone in the department is on the same page.

George Jung
05-24-2019, 02:54 PM
Even then, it’s not productive. No politics- period.

SKIP KILPATRICK
05-24-2019, 02:58 PM
" It just feels like an evil presence hovering nearby." Trust your feelings!

Garret
05-24-2019, 03:10 PM
I had to be in a different part of the complex today to use a plotter since the one that belongs to my department is malfunctioning. I'm sitting at an empty desk while this plotter completes my print outs. Directly across the isle there is a cubicle that seems to be a salute to MAGA and all things right wing. The resident of said cubicle has left for the weekend, fortunately. I normally regard work as not the place to discuss politics. I feel myself being physically uncomfortable being near such a display of ignorance. It just feels like an evil presence hovering nearby.

You're not wrong.

johnw
05-24-2019, 03:29 PM
Don't engage with folks like that. It's the old 'wrestling with a pig' problem.

skuthorp
05-24-2019, 04:34 PM
And the management allows such displays? Slack or stupid………………. unless he's the owner or the owner's son etc…………..

Phil Y
05-24-2019, 04:37 PM
Strip it all off and bin it while they are away.

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

Art Haberland
05-24-2019, 04:39 PM
you might need to go home and take a shower after being so close to that

old pathologist
05-24-2019, 07:51 PM
You must have some Navajo blood in your veins, feeling evil presence hovering nearby.

Canoeyawl
05-24-2019, 08:20 PM
We, although just a very small company, allow no political statements at work.
With no exceptions.

Take pitchurs, that's just ugly.

Katherine
05-24-2019, 08:38 PM
This is the first political display iíve seen in the offices. Generally, politics are taboo in the office. It may not be official policy, but I and my colleagues feel it is the best way to respect everyoneís right to believe how they want and still be productive. This was not my normal office area. Mine doesnít have displays like that. There were bumper stickers for infowars for Christís sake!

Canoeyawl
05-24-2019, 09:13 PM
Sounds like it may be an inhospitable place to work especially for women...

Art Haberland
05-24-2019, 09:50 PM
Sounds like it may be an inhospitable place to work especially for women...

Or anybody with a sense of empathy

skuthorp
05-24-2019, 09:50 PM
I think I have lost whatever little regard I still had for the human species………………..