PDA

View Full Version : Zugluft

bluedog225
05-19-2019, 08:56 AM
Apparently, this is a real thing. Something like the fear of drafts. I've heard the Koreans think sleeping with a fan on can be deadly. Well the Germans have it too.

18 stinky hikers, and their not so clean stuff. The vast majority are German. They insist on keeping every window sealed tight even on a nice 65 F night. It's like a big wet stinky sauna in the morning. Ugh.

McMike
05-19-2019, 09:04 AM
I mean, 100 years ago, we all smelled to high heaven. BO was normal. I'm good with fresh air and I do shower once a day, mostly for social reasons, I think we're too clean inside and out. There is some science that points to the lack of microbes and parasites on or in our bodies, which we evolved with for millions of years, as being the cause of many modern diseases and/or disorders that didn't exist. It's a new-ish idea in terms of being looked at seriously but it makes sense. One is Hook Worm, in order to disguise themselves from the immune system, it releases antihistamines. Notice a much higher prevalence of allergies in our society. Make the connection.

Jim Mahan
05-19-2019, 10:40 AM
For most of those million years, we had no tools more than sticks and stones, not much more speech than grunt, a life expectancy of a couple of decades with luck and no asteroids. On the plus side, they didn't have long lines or waits at the clinic or the market, so extra time for family and picking lice.

And who says the ten year olds in pre-plumbing days of yore didn't get asthma or suffer anaphylactic shock from bee stings, or measles or plague or the clap?