PDA

View Full Version : Entrepreneur chick.

Jim Bow
05-04-2019, 11:38 AM
Daughter in law works in social media especially having to do with entrepreneurial trends.
She told us about a 25 year old woman in Brooklyn who has a hair brushing salon. For $30, women make appointments to have her brush their hair for 15 minutes.
She's booked solid for weeks at a time, mostly with customers who have weekly appointments. She doesn't cut the hair, just brushes it.

Not having hair, I'm lost as to what the experience must be like.

bobbys
05-04-2019, 11:57 AM
My wife has what her hair dresser calls, mermaid hair, I could see her doing this, I see her comb her hair for 15 minutes, prolly lotta knots in there..

I'm just glad I have hair, not gonna take any chances on combing it or using shampoo, I got this far.

Art Haberland
05-04-2019, 12:21 PM
Having your hair brushed is very relaxing. I bit like a massage really.

Durnik
05-04-2019, 01:32 PM
Having long hair front and back, trust me.. tho I do my own, it feels great.

Still, years ago I knew a gal who had a small salon. While perfectly adequate as a beautician, her repeat customers - and her shop was nearly _always_ full - kept coming as when they were in her chair, she was _completely_ present and made them feel great. She had a touch. Thinking the gal your daughter speaks of is such a one.

CWSmith
05-04-2019, 02:08 PM
That sounds delightfully decadent and calming. I bet the women leave her shop feeling relaxed, with lower blood pressure, and a better outlook on the world. What an amazing idea!

bobbys
05-04-2019, 02:37 PM
I just had a brainstorm, I have a comb and brush, I can do ladies and if things get slow do dawgs!

Stiletto
05-04-2019, 07:30 PM
I just had a brainstorm, I have a comb and brush, I can do ladies and if things get slow do dawgs!

I hear there's an opening in California.

hawkeye54
05-04-2019, 08:37 PM
^ But will he show up for the interview ?

skuthorp
05-04-2019, 08:51 PM
For many years I had a barber form Cyprus who would finish with a scalp massage with olive oile and hot towells.

Heaven………..

Yeadon
05-04-2019, 08:59 PM
I’m just here for the neck shave.

Gib Etheridge
05-04-2019, 09:04 PM
For many years I had a barber form Cyprus who would finish with a scalp massage with olive oil and hot towels.

Heaven………..

I remember that, with Vitalis, way back when I would go to a civilian barber while in the Navy. It really did feel good. I haven't had a haircut since I was discharged 50 years ago.

In order to really loosen up and get the most out of it a woman would probably have to have another woman do the brushing. One can talk freely about just about anything with a stranger of the same sex.

I used to brush my wife's hair quite often, but she didn't enjoy it very much. Depending on the weather her hair can be a bit frizzy. When it's like that it's hard not to pull it all out.

Gib Etheridge
05-04-2019, 09:05 PM
I’m just here for the neck shave.

I could never let someone approach my throat with a straight razor, too hyper-vigilant.

Joe (SoCal)
05-04-2019, 10:56 PM
Drybar also received $18.5 million in capital from a group of investors led by San Francisco-based Pine River Capital Management LP in November of same year. Those transactions valued Drybar at between $160 million and $200 million.

In 2008, Alli Webb began a side business called Straight At Home, which provided an in-home hair experience. quickly outgrew the one-woman operation and noticed a "huge hole" in her local market for just blowouts

https://www.thedrybar.com/about-us/ (https://www.thedrybar.com/about-us/)

Podcast
https://radiopublic.com/HowIBuiltThis/ep/s1!d8352