PDA

View Full Version : What happened to...

ccmanuals
04-28-2019, 09:26 AM
Daniel?

Flying Orca
04-28-2019, 09:32 AM
I don't know, I don't care, and I think the Bilge is much better off without him.

S.V. Airlie
04-28-2019, 09:39 AM
He's missing? No loss!

CK 17
04-28-2019, 09:44 AM
That didn’t take long. . .

Bobcat
04-28-2019, 10:01 AM
It never takes very long

Paul Pless
04-28-2019, 10:10 AM
so typical of modern conservatives. . .

is bdub the only one that hasn't been banned multiple times???

S.V. Airlie
04-28-2019, 10:12 AM
so typical of modern conservatives. . .

is bdub the only one that hasn't been banned multiple times???MDH?

isla
04-28-2019, 10:31 AM
I may have been indirectly responsible. Last night Daniel posted something I thought was homophobic on this thread..

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?253387-I-m-gay-it-s-deplorable-so-I-ll-lie-about-it

I replied to his post with a snarky remark, then I left the forum and didn't return until this morning. I found that Daniel was banned and my post has been poofed. I can only assume that Daniel had replied to it with something ban-worthy.

Bobcat
04-28-2019, 10:41 AM
You have no responsibility for Daniel's lack of self-control and poor manners

S.V. Airlie
04-28-2019, 10:42 AM
I may have been indirectly responsible. Last night Daniel posted something I thought was homophobic on this thread..

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?253387-I-m-gay-it-s-deplorable-so-I-ll-lie-about-it

I replied to his post with a snarky remark, then I left the forum and didn't return until this morning. I found that Daniel was banned and my post has been poofed. I can only assume that Daniel had replied to it with something ban-worthy.Good JOB!:d

David G
04-28-2019, 10:59 AM

I replied to his post with a snarky remark, then I left the forum and didn't return until this morning. I found that Daniel was banned and my post has been poofed. I can only assume that Daniel had replied to it with something ban-worthy.

If that's the case, then a nod to your contribution. And I'll claim - speculatively - credit for starting the thread that claimed him. But, in the end, Bobcat is correct.

I'm just happy when anyone on my Ignore List is blocked from distracting the rest of us from adult conversation. I like having conservatives around - to challenge my thoughts and conclusions. But only if they can do so honestly and effectively (facts, data, sound logic, etc.). If it's mostly Noise, and little Signal... if it's all lies and unsupported goofy assertions... then good riddance.

Bobcat
04-28-2019, 11:14 AM
If that's the case, then a nod to your contribution. And I'll claim - speculatively - credit for starting the thread that claimed him. But, in the end, Bobcat is correct.

Snippage

Yes, indeed, you speak the truth. Now can you tell my kids that?

oznabrag
04-28-2019, 11:33 AM

"Dad, you sure have learned a lot since I left home!"

Bobcat
04-28-2019, 11:35 AM
"Dad, you sure have learned a lot since I left home!"

Funny how that works

David G
04-28-2019, 01:38 PM

I actually have the key to getting your kids to recognize your wisdom.

It is -- just keep them alive long enough for their brains to develop and their experience of the world to reinforce what you've been telling them. My boys are 25 & 30... and I've definitely gotten smarter in their eyes.