PDA

View Full Version : Got any Makita battery tools?

Jim Bow
03-25-2019, 02:57 PM
Now you can make coffee.
https://cdn.protoolreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/baffd4b0-dfec-41bf-bfdf-12f36e3eabf6_dcm501z_f_1500px.jpg

lupussonic
03-25-2019, 03:11 PM
I have several battery tools from them. I also have a bandsaw by Makita which needs a new safety cut off switch for one of the wheel doors. 2 months and I still do not have it. I spoke with the repair man, they said Makita just don't care enough about us small people to get parts to us quickly. I am furious and will never buy Makita again.

Phil Y
03-25-2019, 03:18 PM
Now you can make coffee.

https://cdn.protoolreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/baffd4b0-dfec-41bf-bfdf-12f36e3eabf6_dcm501z_f_1500px.jpgI like that. Unless it used pods.

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

john welsford
03-25-2019, 03:21 PM
I have several battery tools from them. I also have a bandsaw by Makita which needs a new safety cut off switch for one of the wheel doors. 2 months and I still do not have it. I spoke with the repair man, they said Makita just don't care enough about us small people to get parts to us quickly. I am furious and will never buy Makita again.

I do repairs on woodworking machinery, sometimes get power tools to do although thats not my preference. But, that said, I've never had a problem getting Makita spares, have found them always prepared to go the extra mile for a customer even for a very small item of low value. I suspect that your repair man is the problem not Makita.

John Welsford

lupussonic
03-25-2019, 03:58 PM
∆ Nah, he's quick as a racing snake with my Bosch repairs. He said when the Makita rep comes in he sneers at them, pointing out how unimportant his small repair business is. My part must come from Japan, my saw is 10 years old, they have all but stopped stocking parts. Thats just crap.

Plastic crap.

Jim Bow
03-25-2019, 06:17 PM

I'll bet they want you to order the part and fix it yourself. England is an island, so is Japan. Trump said, " All that water, hard to get to."

https://www.makitauk.com/product/lb1200f.html

George Jung
03-25-2019, 06:25 PM
Hmmm.... there’s a problem, somewhere. One question- did you or your repairman get ‘coal’ in your Christmas stocking?

john welsford
03-26-2019, 01:25 AM
∆ Nah, he's quick as a racing snake with my Bosch repairs. He said when the Makita rep comes in he sneers at them, pointing out how unimportant his small repair business is. My part must come from Japan, my saw is 10 years old, they have all but stopped stocking parts. Thats just crap.

Plastic crap.

Interesting, I know Marko, the rep who services the north and being like that would be most unusual. If you want to pursue the part, contact Tokes at Robertson and Sinclair in Penrose, tell him that I suggested that he might be able to source the part for you.

John Welsford