PDA

View Full Version : Pentagon fight those armed by the CIA

WX
03-07-2019, 04:38 AM
https://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-cia-pentagon-isis-20160327-story.html?fbclid=IwAR3BR4-vFLwbmP3y8IZOjz9XjcIY3w0Owt2jxFYnXFxdsjRZHFVcdYeZD k4

Syrian militias armed by different parts of the U.S. war machine have begun to fight each other on the plains between the besieged city of Aleppo and the Turkish border, highlighting how little control U.S. intelligence officers and military planners have over the groups they have financed and trained in the bitter five-year-old civil war.

The fighting has intensified over the last two months, as CIA-armed units and Pentagon-armed ones have repeatedly shot at each other while maneuvering through contested territory on the northern outskirts of Aleppo, U.S. officials and rebel leaders have confirmed.

In mid-February, a CIA-armed militia called Fursan al Haq, or Knights of Righteousness, was run out of the town of Marea, about 20 miles north of Aleppo, by Pentagon-backed Syrian Democratic Forces moving in from Kurdish-controlled areas to the east.

The word pythonesque comes to mind.

skuthorp
03-07-2019, 05:36 AM
The word Chaos comes to mind…...

disorder, disarray, disorganization, confusion, mayhem, bedlam, pandemonium, madness, havoc, turmoil, tumult, commotion, disruption, upheaval, furore, frenzy, uproar, hue and cry, babel, hurly-burly;

There are more…………..

There's an old saying in Aus about 'not being able to organise a pi55 up in a brewery'……………...

BrianW
03-07-2019, 06:27 AM
Then again, if they're shooting at each other, and not us, is it still crazy?

Anthony Zucker
03-07-2019, 07:13 AM
This article fits perfectly into "Legacy of Ashes" the history of the CIA. According to the book, the CIA never got anything right. The waste in lives and dollars was monumental and made everything worse. The coverage of the Kennedys, if true, shows them to be completely without any scruples.

I recommend the book

LeeG
03-07-2019, 07:17 AM
Just think what kind of projects Bolton will try and put into play during the decline of the Trump administration.

LeeG
03-07-2019, 09:46 AM
Then again, if they're shooting at each other, and not us, is it still crazy?

Or baby seals, they aren’t shooting them.

John of Phoenix
03-07-2019, 09:59 AM
This article fits perfectly into "Legacy of Ashes" the history of the CIA. According to the book, the CIA never got anything right. The waste in lives and dollars was monumental and made everything worse. The coverage of the Kennedys, if true, shows them to be completely without any scruples.

I recommend the bookFrom personal experience, between their "intelligence" in Vietnam and Iran, there is a great number of people who are lucky to have survived. There's not much more dangerous than bad intel. I can only imagine the toll in the recent wars.

BrianY
03-07-2019, 11:19 AM
arm everyone and let them kill each other. then we can move in and take over without any resistance.

skuthorp
03-07-2019, 03:02 PM
Actually I am minded of the quote concerning riding to hounds hunting foxes….
"The unspeakable in pursuit of the inedible", or in this case ''the unaccountable"

john welsford
03-07-2019, 03:50 PM
arm everyone and let them kill each other. then we can move in and take over without any resistance.

Why take over?

John Welsford

BrianY
03-07-2019, 04:41 PM
Why take over?

John Welsford

I dunno. It just seems to be what big countries do to little ones. I'm not exactly sure why we'd want to take over Syria except to secure Israel and have a strong foothold in the region.

Reynard38
03-07-2019, 09:00 PM
We are selling them the bullets. It’s all about the $$.

WX
03-08-2019, 05:32 AM
I dunno. It just seems to be what big countries do to little ones. I'm not exactly sure why we'd want to take over Syria except to secure Israel and have a strong foothold in the region.
The Russians have bases there.