PDA

View Full Version : "I've been nominated for the Nobel Prize!"

Jim Bow
02-20-2019, 05:06 PM
Japan nominated Trump for Nobel Peace Prize after White House asked, newspaper reports

Asahi Shimbun, one of Japan's largest national newspapers, cited multiple government sources as saying the U.S. "informally" asked Japan to nominate Trump.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna972661

I picture trump taking Abe aside and saying, "Ya know, I'd hate to see anything bad happen to Japan, maybe, if I was nominated for a Nobel, I might be able to pay more attention to your defense."

Nicholas Scheuer
02-20-2019, 05:21 PM
You'd think it might occur to Trump and the other a-holes in repug politics that government by tweet, with the chief practitioner making an utter fool of himself on a daily basis, might not be constructive, in the long run. You'd think.

Lew Barrett
02-20-2019, 05:50 PM
Getting Abe to nominate was the easy part. Given it's the Norwegians who will be selecting the actual winner, his chances of proving himself a loser again are much more likely.

paulf
02-20-2019, 07:38 PM
Japan nominated Trump for Nobel Peace Prize after White House asked, newspaper reports

Asahi Shimbun, one of Japan's largest national newspapers, cited multiple government sources as saying the U.S. "informally" asked Japan to nominate Trump.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna972661

I picture trump taking Abe aside and saying, "Ya know, I'd hate to see anything bad happen to Japan, maybe, if I was nominated for a Nobel, I might be able to pay more attention to your defense."

Ya, I'm good buddies with the fat little grease ball in NK, I could call him off ..if..you know..the NOBEL prize thing...

BrianW
02-20-2019, 07:43 PM
They might as well give it to him, it's not worth much anymore.

paulf
02-20-2019, 07:45 PM
They might as well give it to him, it's not worth much anymore.

Worth it or not, Obama has one, and it drives Trump nuts.

B_B
02-20-2019, 08:53 PM
You'd think it might occur to Trump and the other a-holes in repug politics that government by tweet, with the chief practitioner making an utter fool of himself on a daily basis, might not be constructive, in the long run. You'd think.
What evidence do you have that anyone in either Repub or DNC leadership really cares for the long term?

S.V. Airlie
02-20-2019, 08:57 PM
What evidence do you have that anyone in either Repub or DNC leadership really cares for the long term?Trump cares and that's all that matters!

Gerarddm
02-20-2019, 08:57 PM
^ A remarbably ill-formed opinion, considering ( for one example ) recent promulgation of the Green New Deal by emerging Democratic leadership.

Do keep up.

S.V. Airlie
02-20-2019, 09:05 PM
^ A remarbably ill-formed opinion, considering ( for one example ) recent promulgation of the Green New Deal by emerging Democratic leadership.

Do keep up.Trump wants to be another Teddy Roosevelt. He'd love being on Mt. Rushmore too.

B_B
02-20-2019, 09:22 PM

Do keep up.
LOL! "Emerging Democratic leadership" in the House is not nearly the same as 'the DNC'. Especially when Pelosi et al are so quick to undermine the eager beavers.

CWSmith
02-20-2019, 09:24 PM
Getting Abe to nominate was the easy part.

Getting the Norwegians to stop laughing, that is the hard part!