PDA

View Full Version : Will Nancy Pelosi (speaker of the house ) face a vote of no confidence ?

RonW
01-23-2019, 10:27 AM
Grapevine express says, good possibility .

Currently there are 235 dems and 200 repubs in the house of representatives.

Pelosi narrowly won speaker by a vote of 220 for, and 15 dems voted no on her as speaker.

The blue dog dems are fed up with her already, and the centrists dems aren't happy either.

She only has 2 spare votes, if 3 more dems jump ship on a vote of no confidence, she will be removed. The repubs can make this happen.

Of course the next speaker will be a dem, but who ? Steny Hoyer has been mentioned. But do remember congress can elect as speaker who ever they want and it doesn't have to be a member of the current congress.

Art Haberland
01-23-2019, 10:29 AM
I think Mitch needs the vote of no confidence. He's already publically stated he will not do his job.

Norman Bernstein
01-23-2019, 10:32 AM
Dream on.... we all realize that self-deception is a 'comforting' thing for you.

Of course, it has no relationship to reality. Sorry, but your 'grapevine express' is really expressing nothing more than wishful thinking. Trump's popularity is at record lows, and 57% of Americans blame Trump for the shutdown.

The Democrats are fully united on this... because they recognize that if they give in to extortion, this President, or any future President, could do it all over again, to get what they want.

You think that's any way to run a government?

Keith Wilson
01-23-2019, 10:34 AM
No.

Art Haberland
01-23-2019, 10:37 AM
Dream on.... we all realize that self-deception is a 'comforting' thing for you.

Of course, it has no relationship to reality. Sorry, but your 'grapevine express' is really expressing nothing more than wishful thinking. Trump's popularity is at record lows, and 57% of Americans blame Trump for the shutdown.

The Democrats are fully united on this... because they recognize that if they give in to extortion, this President, or any future President, could do it all over again, to get what they want.

You think that's any way to run a government?

This is nothing different than Geng's "Walk away" movement he was posting before the election. Russian Meddling trickling down into the bilge.

John Smith
01-23-2019, 10:49 AM
I think Mitch needs the vote of no confidence. He's already publically stated he will not do his job.

That's what I was going to say.

Tom Montgomery
01-23-2019, 10:54 AM
The "Grapevine express" is dreaming: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pelosi-...cbs-news-poll/

Pelosi job rating as Speaker (among Democrats)
Approve -- 69%
Disapprove -- 21%
Don't know -- 9%

The CBS poll has a margin of error of +/-3 pts.

birlinn
01-23-2019, 11:00 AM
Will RonW give up having a go at liberals?
Dead monotonous.

RonW
01-23-2019, 11:11 AM
Norm says -
The Democrats are fully united on this..

Seems to me like the last time the dems were fully united, they held hands on the steps in unity for national health care.

How well did that work out ? The following election they lost the house .

john l
01-23-2019, 11:19 AM
hey, it's more likely there will be a president Pelosi for a year!

birlinn
01-23-2019, 11:21 AM

I would hope for at least four years!

Tom Montgomery
01-23-2019, 11:23 AM
Norm says -

Seems to me like the last time the dems were fully united, they held hands on the steps in unity for national health care.

How well did that work out ? The following election they lost the house .1. That was pre-TRump.
2. So do you think the Dems are united or not?

George Jung
01-23-2019, 11:25 AM
Yup - President Pelosi is far more likely.

Have you seen the latest coming out about tRump and family? Whoohee, RonW! YCMTSU!

moTthediesel
01-23-2019, 11:25 AM

That would be so messy, what with all the head explosions it would cause. :D

john l
01-23-2019, 12:06 PM
the mess is already here. the more we wait, the worse the mess will be. "your fired."

Ted Hoppe
01-23-2019, 12:17 PM

Mitch became the bitch for Trump. He needs to go with a no confidence vote.

I'd like to see Trump force an unwanted the State of the Union speech in the Hall. On the way in, he may even get a unsolicited grope on Mitch's junk.

David W Pratt
01-23-2019, 01:22 PM
I couldn't say, she seems much more popular outside of her district than in it.
In many ways she is a lot of what the blue wave is reacting against. She is older, establishment, Washington insider, wealthy, white, career politician rather than passionate people's champion.

George Jung
01-23-2019, 01:35 PM
And sharp as a tack. Seems to be getting more recognition for that, of late. Need somebody with 'skills', to navigate these times.

RonW
01-23-2019, 01:42 PM
And sharp as a tack. Seems to be getting more recognition for that, of late. Need somebody with 'skills', to navigate these times.

Really, so you haven't noticed her stuttering, lost of train of thought and mistakes in speech on various political matters that she should know inside and out.

Insiders are saying she has a form of dementia or Alzheimer .

George Jung
01-23-2019, 01:44 PM
She could be 'struck dumb', and still be/sound more intelligent than trump. LOL - you picked a poor choice to complain!

J.Madison
01-23-2019, 01:45 PM
The OP is quite literally Russian propaganda being spread by the unwitting. Please do not let them succeed. Think hard before posting.

George Jung
01-23-2019, 01:47 PM
Sounds about right - but got a 'source'?

S.V. Airlie
01-23-2019, 02:08 PM
Really, so you haven't noticed her stuttering, lost of train of thought and mistakes in speech on various political matters that she should know inside and out.

Insiders are saying she has a form of dementia or Alzheimer .And you obviously haven't noticed what your Messiah is up to have you RonW? But, you love the Idiot in Chief even with his multiple faults

Norman Bernstein
01-23-2019, 02:11 PM

At least she doesn't lie to the American people, 16 times per day. (Yes, Trump's 'lie average' is WAY up this year).

S.V. Airlie
01-23-2019, 02:13 PM
At least she doesn't lie to the American people, 16 times per day. (Yes, Trump's 'lie average' is WAY up this year).Heck, I have yet to hear Trump tell the truth about anything!

George Jung
01-23-2019, 02:24 PM
This bit about the SOTU speech:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/23/us/politics/trump-state-of-union-pelosi-letter.html#commentsContainer

A bit of brinksmanship. Read the comments.

David W Pratt
01-23-2019, 03:57 PM
Trump is widely believed to be perfectly truthful in his pussy grabbing comments

icyb
01-23-2019, 04:08 PM
First quarter ZERO GDP .

John of Phoenix
01-23-2019, 04:23 PM
And sharp as a tack. Seems to be getting more recognition for that, of late. Need somebody with 'skills', to navigate these times.Which is all well and good but her REAL talent is that she drives two scoops absolutely Tweeting crazy with moves like this.

John of Phoenix
01-23-2019, 04:29 PM
The OP is quite literally Russian propaganda being spread by the unwitting. Please do not let them succeed. Think hard before posting.My first thought was "So, we have an unwitting russian propagandist in our midst." But "unwitting" implies a "wit" to begin with. Back to Dunning-Kruger.

:D LMAO :D

Rich Jones
01-23-2019, 05:08 PM
This bit about the SOTU speech:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/23/us/politics/trump-state-of-union-pelosi-letter.html#commentsContainer

A bit of brinksmanship. Read the comments.

I love it! Nancy just slammed the door in his ugly fat face!
Will he now hold one of his redneck rallies to deliver the speech?

john l
01-23-2019, 07:02 PM
Yes, she’s feeding the beast! He will put his foot down his throat with his anger charged defacto STate of His Mind speech.

oznabrag
02-19-2019, 02:28 PM
Grapevine express says, good possibility .

Currently there are 235 dems and 200 repubs in the house of representatives.

Pelosi narrowly won speaker by a vote of 220 for, and 15 dems voted no on her as speaker.

The blue dog dems are fed up with her already, and the centrists dems aren't happy either.

She only has 2 spare votes, if 3 more dems jump ship on a vote of no confidence, she will be removed. The repubs can make this happen.

Of course the next speaker will be a dem, but who ? Steny Hoyer has been mentioned. But do remember congress can elect as speaker who ever they want and it doesn't have to be a member of the current congress.

https://youtu.be/Q8lVElJDobk