PDA

View Full Version : I'm beginning to like AOC

John Smith
01-17-2019, 10:48 AM
I thought here search for Mitch was brilliant.

He's obviously in hiding, and this shutdown is, IMO, now HIS shutdown.

The idea that he won't bring to a vote anything the president won't commit to signing is relinquishing the senate's constitutional role in our government.

THERE IS NO REASON NOT TO VOTE ON SPENDING BILLS THAT OPEN THE GOVERNMENT.

Debate over border security CAN be had while our government is open.

Tom Montgomery
01-17-2019, 10:58 AM
Mitch isn't answering his phone either. From this morning's Courier-Journal:

Nancy Morrison is dipping into her savings account to buy food and pay for basic household bills as negotiations to end the government shutdown remain at a standstill.

Joined by several other Federal Aviation Administration employees who were recently protesting the closure, the U.S. Air Force veteran from Louisville says she is an essential employee as a communications, radar and automation technician at Louisville International Airport.

That means Morrison has worked three weeks without a paycheck, along with roughly 800,000 other federal workers who arenít being paid.

Morrison has tried repeatedly to contact a man who she believes could help re-open the government: Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

But she says it's nearly impossible to get through to anyone at his offices. She can't leave a message with anyone in his Washington, D.C. office, and his local office rings until the line hangs up.

"For me personally, itís a joke that we canít get a hold of him because he is our senator, and heís holding the reins, too, of the Senate vote," Morrison said.

Read the rest of the story here: https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/17/mitch-mcconnell-keeping-head-down-during-government-shutdown/2578974002/

David G
01-17-2019, 11:05 AM
AOC... is a pip.

Art Haberland
01-17-2019, 11:24 AM
The Donald may know how to use social media, AOC was practically born using it. It's fun to watch her hunt down her prey!