PDA

View Full Version : OK - now the shutdown has really gotten serious

Garret
01-16-2019, 04:04 PM
I was just talking to someone who works in the graphics department at Magic Hat - a local brewery that distributes in 10-15 states.

Because they distribute outside Vermont, all labeling has to be approved by the feds & because of the shutdown, nobody is working in the departments that do the approving (ATF and/or FDA I presume).

IOW - Trump is preventing us from getting new beers!

[Of course the real problem is that this is yet another group of people that are out of work/getting reduced hours because of Trump's idiocy - but I'm sure the usuals will be along to tell us it's a good thing]

Ian McColgin
01-16-2019, 04:25 PM
Brett "I like beer" Kavanaugh will get on it.

cbcc
01-16-2019, 04:47 PM
I was just talking to someone who works in the graphics department at Magic Hat - a local brewery that distributes in 10-15 states.

Because they distribute outside Vermont, all labeling has to be approved by the feds & because of the shutdown, nobody is working in the departments that do the approving (ATF and/or FDA I presume).

IOW - Trump is preventing us from getting new beers!

[Of course the real problem is that this is yet another group of people that are out of work/getting reduced hours because of Trump's idiocy - but I'm sure the usuals will be along to tell us it's a good thing]

The real question here is why is a federal agency is needed to approve a beer bottle label. Good grief.

Canoeyawl
01-16-2019, 05:07 PM
Brett Beer has a certain ring to it, eh?

CK 17
01-16-2019, 05:08 PM
The airline biz is being hit hard too. Not just TSA and controllers, but a lot of back office functions like adding planes, pilots trying to get their medical back after an absence, the feds have to ride with each new captain, training programs that are mandated by a certain date are now on hold, etc. Low level chaos and uncertainty is the rule now.

LeeG
01-16-2019, 05:47 PM
the beer, they’ve come for our beer, isn’t anyone going to stand up against this? (with a Jimmy Stewart delivery).

Garret
01-16-2019, 05:48 PM
The real question here is why is a federal agency is needed to approve a beer bottle label. Good grief.

Ingredients, alcohol content, etc. I'm OK with having food/alcohol inspected. Sinclair's The Jungle?